Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-11-2002, 10:12 AM   #11
Azred
Drow Priestess

Good morning, all. First anniversaries are always the worst (at least for negative events), but they really help the emotional healing/closure process.

The best way to honor the day is to get up, go to work, buy groceries, pay your bills, and--most importantly--tell your loved ones you love them. [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img] Don't let terror win--live free! [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Old 09-11-2002, 10:30 AM   #12
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:

Not sure if I can say it but- God bless America.
Anytime Sigmar, any time. Your opinion, and words mean just as much as anyone's. Thanks from this American for the kind words and support.

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
I know, Nacht, I feel the same way/ Damn it, I keep tearing up, for no apparent reason. I keep thinking of my little son, watching the fires on TV yesterday, trying to put them out with his toy firetrucks while we both wept. God bless you all.
I know what you mean Attalus. I've been trying to be productive and get some things done. But when I stop and think, I can feel the anger and pain again and I can feel tears start. That's why I'm keeping an ear on the memorial services. It's painful, but it lets me feel like I'm connected, in my own little way, with everyone else. *HUGS* to you and your family.

Hear Hear Azred!

I sent email to my family and friends. I miss them terribly(I'm living in NY with my beloved Cloudy [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/lovestory.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img] and my family is in Idaho), and wish that I could spend a few minutes with them. But I'll call later tonight and tell them that I love them.

Nachtrafe
[img]graemlins/verysad.gif[/img]

"May the wings of liberty never lose a feather!"
Old 09-11-2002, 10:50 AM   #13
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Well, just speaking for myself, 'remembering' as in 'not forgetting' doesn't require wallowing in miserable re-hashing of horrible events, and sometimes I think that's all that's accomplished with SO MUCH going on, not just today but really all week. There have been newspaper stories, Television specials and discussions all over the place a week before today, the anniversary. One national and a few local ceremonies are fine and necessary, but I just feel bombarded by the stuff which, in my case, causes feelings of depression, rather than healing. And sadly, much of what's out there today seems geared to get the audience numbers, not heal the wounds.

I don't see how we could forget this. It is now a part of our history and legacy to pass on to those we love and I doubt it will ever be faded to the point of forgetting it.

We all grieve in our own ways and we all remember in our own ways. I think this is one of those times that we just have to accept and revel in our differences. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 09-11-2002, 11:00 AM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 09-11-2002, 11:42 AM   #14
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hi guys, in one of the worst moods I have been in for exactly a year.
Went to a rememberence for some friends I lost on 9-11. It was terrible, but I was glad that I went. I was barely able to stop myself from crying, to the point of closing my eyes and clenching and unclenching my fists. It was that bad.
Then, after we all went out of the centre where it was being held, some sick moron saw the sign and started shouting very tactless things. I was tempted, that is all I will say.
Old 09-11-2002, 12:43 PM   #15
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Horatio, *HUGS*. This is a rough day for lots of people. I hope yours improves some.
Old 09-11-2002, 12:51 PM   #16
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well, I do have the TV on. I guess I am just immune and tune out the media "hype." I did want to know what was being done to memorialize the day. I must adnit to "holding my breath" a bit today, hopping and praying that nothing happend--------anywhere.
<b>Order of the Holy Flame</b><br /><i>Member of Clan HADB</i><br /><b>Laughing Hyena</b><br /><i>Clan Liaison, IW Peace Keeping Force</i><br /><i>[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com/Forum/index.php?board=29\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River VoiceChat!</a><br />Last Saturday of every month. <br />See the forum link for scheduling!<br /><b> </b><br /></i><br /><b>Admin and Co-Owner of [url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River</a></b><br />[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\"></a>
Old 09-11-2002, 12:55 PM   #17
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Reeka:
I must adnit to "holding my breath" a bit today, hopping and praying that nothing happend--------anywhere.
But what are the odds that another attack will occur TODAY, especially since security throughout the world has been increased for the time being. I understand it would be symbolic attacking on the same day but it wouldn't be an itteligent move on their part.

Then again as 9-11 proved, never say never.

I understand where you're coming from though Reeka [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2002, 01:23 PM   #18
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Afternoon, all. Well, we've gotten through half of it, anyway. Very moving service. Thanks, Nacht, hugs to you, Cloudy, and both your families.
Old 09-11-2002, 02:18 PM   #19
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Lo all
out of school (thank God) and glad of it.
Had my three hour's silence in memorium. Was planning to have three DAYS of sponsored silince to raise money for the NYFD but discovered a total lack of interest....not very encouraging.
To my American IW mates: God Bless America (never thought I would say that, but there you go)
See you all l8r
*smacks Romey* feels out of place too.

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 09-11-2002, 02:19 PM   #20
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Weird, the thread din't bump to the top. Hi, Kaltia, thanks for your sentiments. They are much appreciated. Thanks, too, for your kind words on my story.

[ 09-11-2002, 02:21 PM: Message edited by: Attalus ]