Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 06-03-2001, 02:18 AM   #21
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

hmmm, never thot of using CC before... thanx. ill keep that in mind to save on summoning space
Old 06-03-2001, 02:53 AM   #22
Bristowe
Elminster

Those five demon knight in the Kuo toa underdark place were tough, i was only expecting one when suddenly there was five...screwed me up pretty bad, they caught me off guard as they sort of surround you when they appear, low THAC0 and their high AC PLUS their magic...geez, they lvl drain too, the bastards...

------------------

Bristowe, Master Assassin
"Everyone dies sooner or later, why not sooner?"
Old 06-03-2001, 03:01 AM   #23
sunder
Zhentarim Guard

MM admantium golem i didn't find hard, just had everyone attack it at once with magical weapons and he went down fast. Having just 2 fighters do it takes more time, he only attacks one at a time, so my 6 guys whacking take them down pretty quick.
Red dragon and shadow dragon were easy. They don't do anything until you attack, you can prepare up the wazoo and kill them quick. White dragon is the same way. Green in hell is a little harder, but not too bad if you have distance attacks (you'll see when you get there. Black was the hardest of the dragons.
Beholders i didn't have trouble with, i had a plan on how to handle those. I will have to say the mindflayers were the thoughest. My area spells didn't work well (they are magic resistant) and getting in close with your low INT fighters is kinda dangerous. Very tough opponents. A great place to use summoned creatures.
Liches were extremely tough for me until I learned how to deal with them, now they fall like flies. Vampires were nothing, my Undead Hunter Paladin Mowed them down. Drow, please. Kuo-toans, nothing. mmm
Kangaxx. yea pretty tough one there.
Irenicus, pantsy. In the tree battle I yawned and sat back throwing summoned creatures at him. He doesn't even chase you. I wasted all my summons, then waited a few minutes. Sat back out of sight range, then prepared and made a full attack. He fell in seconds.
The last battle was easy also with a couple timestops and summoned creatures to act as cannon fodder. Chain contingency to summon 3 groups of creatures once enemy sighted, then kept summoning as they died. At that poing level 17 Paladin with avenger and bezerker/cleric with GM warhammer with Crom Feyr took them down easy. Mindflayers were harder than the demons.
SO in my eyes, the Mindflayers gave me the most trouble.
Old 06-03-2001, 03:46 AM   #24
Leagle
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by boran_blok:
Well ehm I have to say that the toughest enemy I ever had to kill was a bear in BG1, I had only a sword .. and no-one else (playing solo BG1) THAT was hard... more playing lottery than a fight ..

Boran
I heard that! You really should have had a bow! And the magic user, Teshron or something at The Friendly arm, you had to hope your rolls were good and you whacked him befor he got off "Horror".
Old 06-03-2001, 04:14 AM   #25
Lifetime
Red Dragon

The first time I faced vampires, they were really hard. I cleared out Bodhi's lair with Drizzt and I still had to reload countless times.
And beholders..damn..I still dont know a good strategy to kill them without resorting to cheap tactics.

------------------
Why?
Old 06-03-2001, 04:37 AM   #26
Sigmar
Unicorn

That mountain bear in bg1 talk about a tough fight.

------------------
Tiax will rule all!
Who prodded Tiax?!
Prepare to feel the mighty magical powers
of Tiax... stop laughing!
(The "wise" words of Tiax.)
Old 06-04-2001, 12:41 AM   #27
Xod
Zhentarim Guard

I find anyone that uses cheatstop, er, timestop to be difficult. They usually follow that up with Abi Dalzim's and/or Meteor Swarm. If you're not ready for it (protection from magic energy), it hurts bad.
Old 06-04-2001, 12:48 AM   #28
arion windrider
Red Wizard of Thay

the hardest enemy would be ME!!!!

------------------
Swordmaster to the King of Riva.. ALL HAIL TO BELGARION KING OF RIVA
Old 06-04-2001, 12:55 AM   #29
Rolzi_69
The Magister

hmmmmmm.......this is a good topic thread but i would hav to choose......ummmmmmmmmm.....i would have to go with memnoch and that mind flayers dungeon and kangaxx were very hard indeed

------------------
Rolzi_69 will reign supreme over all!!!!