Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)

Old 06-01-2002, 10:38 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

<font color=skyblue>I wanted to warn those of you looking for a great new adventure with this DVD. I grew up as a kid, loving this movie, and it ranked up there with Dark crystal, Princess Bride, Labryinth, and many others. Well, it is newly released on DVD, and is a special two disc feature. One of the disks is the U.S. theatrical version...the one that I grew up with. The other is a never before seen direcotr's edition, and has many new elements in it, including a different ending. Now,,,for those that have not seen it, I will politely not indulge the secrets...but let me just say this. I did not like the ending of the director's cut, and since my wife was viewing this for the first time, I put in the other disc, the theatrical version, and played the ending scene from taht one, and told her that is how it really ended. I was not impressed with the director's cut. In fact, the music on it stinks. The theatrical version is the only one that is worth viewing.</font>
Old 06-05-2002, 04:25 AM   #2
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Were the special features good [img]graemlins/question.gif[/img]
caleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002, 07:53 PM   #3
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

one of Tom Cruise's best movies, right next to vanilla sky and top gun and magnolia

[ 06-05-2002, 07:53 PM: Message edited by: AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe ]
Old 06-07-2002, 05:07 PM   #4
Linora
Dungeon Master

Is the ending that bad? I have always loved "Legend", but I don't like the idea of mucking about with it... I think you named all my fave films in the initial post... [img]smile.gif[/img]

The Dark Crystal and Labyrinth are epics.. there is no other word.. and the Princess Bride? The best!! I loved all those films since i was about four... they don't make 'em like that anymore.. nostalgia...

*smile*
Old 06-07-2002, 11:57 PM   #5
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

<font color=skyblue>I am waiting for The Last Unicorn to come out on DVD!!!!I want that one, for sure!

Special Features...Caleb...not that interesting. The Theatrical version of Legend is the only thing in the box worth having. I do not ever want to watch the director's edition again! It is pure shite!</font>

[ 06-07-2002, 11:58 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]