Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2002, 10:20 PM   #21
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Well for the recored, I dont like any sports execpt Hockey (Ice). I tried watching soccer, It just didnt appeal to me. Its so... slow ...Maybe I just caugt a slow game. Yeah I thought the guy was arrogant too. But most people I know dont like soccer that much. I may watch a few games in the world cup, just to see what all the hooplua is about.

Lanthir: Actually, if I am not mistaken, Hockey orginated in Ireland or Scottland, then got imported to Canada and became a big rage there. Now its slowly but surley spreading in the US, Wooho!

LadyBlue: Avs lost to the one and only Red Wings :evillaugh:

One more thing I might add...Why exacly do people go so crazy over soccer. I mean really, they get out of there head sometime, Riots and flipping over cars, and burning stuff. Sheesh. The only time that I can recall that happened in north america is in Canada when the Cannucks lost to the New York Rangers.
Old 05-31-2002, 10:56 PM   #22
Vlad Tepes
Dungeon Master

Since u said u are going to see some games in the world cup, if u accept my advice try Argentina X England its monday, u should try also Brazil X Turkey, oh and if Brazil and Denmark cross up in the later stages dont miss it, i bet it would be a great game just like '98. hope u enjoy these matches. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-31-2002, 11:15 PM   #23
DeSoya
Manshoon

I like watching soccer. I'm a sports fan tho', so I spose that it doesn't mean much.
I agree with Lioness. Baseball. Woo hoo.
I'm sad to see all the kids playing soccer/football here in America now. I walk by the baseball fields near my house and see less kids and less of them (they are smaller ). They're all out playing soccer. Sigh. My sport is dieing. I guess I'll just have to move to Europe where I can get decent football coverage. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I know what you mean about the "Not Me, Not Me" thing Sazerac. I feel that way everytime I meet someone European. I want to grab them and say I'm not like the media portrays me, I'm really not. In some ways I suppose I'm worse. But oh well. [img]smile.gif[/img]

DeSoya

P.S. The Yankees are buying the series year after year. Why doesn't anyone else notice?
Old 06-01-2002, 01:11 AM   #24
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
americans can't play this game, they hate sports they can't win ! * tries to find a missile proof hideout*.
Old 06-01-2002, 01:21 AM   #25
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
americans can't play this game, they hate sports they can't win ! * tries to find a missile proof hideout*.
No if that wear the case hockey would be big here

Well its not that big in my particular area, you have to go north a bit for that.
Old 06-01-2002, 01:50 AM   #26
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Grand-Ranger:
quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
No if that wear the case hockey would be big here

Well its not that big in my particular area, you have to go north a bit for that.
[/QUOTE]i take it you don't mean icehockey ?
Old 06-01-2002, 02:53 AM   #27
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Hahaha yeah but they is almost the best in the world on icehockey and i wach girl icehockey in the olympic games and was wery impressed they was so good and that is the first time i actually like to se an icehockey game to!!!
But football is SO DARN boring i cant understan why pepople look at that boring sport at all!
American football i dont understand a bit of it for me it is a strange sport but maby i will like it when i shall visit US next month and i and Vess shall go and look at a game maby

[ 06-01-2002, 07:24 AM: Message edited by: Megabot ]
Old 06-01-2002, 03:22 AM   #28
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

Just a question, but why do americans wear helmets and armour when they play american football...is it because they cannot handle being tackled?? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Old 06-01-2002, 03:28 AM   #29
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Imagine if your rugby teams players were all 300 pounds of muscle before you say that
Old 06-01-2002, 03:39 AM   #30
uss
20th Level Warrior

Burn the idiot! he may like/love american football but he also says that USA football is more entertaining and involves more passing!? burn the bastard!