Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2003, 09:11 PM   #1
Animal
Gold Dragon

It seems these days everywhere I turn, all I see is war. I turn on the TV, I see war on the news, the radio is the same, and geez I come here to IW for a little Escape and again all I see is war.
Is this what we are reduced to? Do we look forward to it that much?
I am not a religous man, but are we not all the same irregardless of colour or creed? Do we not bleed the same colour?
I post this for those who do not wish war. If you are tired of the continous conflict around the world, let me know here. This is not a debate, but more of a gathering of those who despise the current situation around the world.
Old 01-17-2003, 09:16 PM   #2
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

Frankly, all the sensationalism about war just scares me. Much as I think the US are the "white hats" in the world today, I think a lot of this nonsense is unnecessary.

I just wish the diplomatic solution worked a lot more often...
Old 01-17-2003, 09:17 PM   #3
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

While there are humans there will always be war.
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 01-17-2003, 09:30 PM   #4
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Welcome to the world Animal. Better get used to it, there will always be war, can't hide for it on this planet.
Old 01-17-2003, 09:50 PM   #5
Animal
Gold Dragon

There may always be war, but we don't have to live it 24/7.
There is only constant war and conflict because the world as a whole doesn't want anything more. It's easier to pick up a gun and shoot someone you don't know, rather than sit down with that person and work it out.
What ever happened to everyone is born equal?
Johnny, you are from a different part of the world than I, but we have no problems with each other, in fact we get along fairly well. Ironworks is made up of people from diverse sections of the world but the most part everyone gets along. Why can't the world be that way?
Old 01-17-2003, 09:57 PM   #6
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
I saw this quote the other day that I found provocative.

I couldn't help but say to [Mr. Gorbachev], just think how easy his task and mine might be in these meetings that we held if suddenly there was a threat to this world from another planet. [We'd] find out once and for all that we really are all human beings here on this earth together. Ronald Reagan, 1985
Old 01-17-2003, 09:59 PM   #7
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
I saw this quote the other day that I found provocative.

I couldn't help but say to [Mr. Gorbachev], just think how easy his task and mine might be in these meetings that we held if suddenly there was a threat to this world from another planet. [We'd] find out once and for all that we really are all human beings here on this earth together. Ronald Reagan, 1985
Very well said, Mr. Reagan. Excellent post, Aelia Jusa.
Old 01-17-2003, 10:02 PM   #8
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

For all of his rep as a cowboy, Ronny Raygun was a very perceptive politician. If he hadn't been in such poor shape, healthwise I think he would have been one of the best US Presidents in a long time.
Old 01-17-2003, 10:04 PM   #9
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
While there are humans there will always be war.
But that is our choice as human beings. We are sentient, intelligent lifeforms. We can choose not to be at war.
Old 01-17-2003, 10:05 PM   #10
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Yes, sometimes it does seem to be everywhere and that can be depressing. That's why we have the separate, War Forum, which is a temporary one. Topics relating to war belong there for now.