Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2001, 05:27 PM   #1
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

If that is just a temporary step before moving it to the new forum, disregard this post
Old 10-10-2001, 05:35 PM   #2
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

I don't believe that is the reason. Perhaps it is just another way of keeping the black man down...oh no wait, I am sure that is not the reason either.

Please do explain Mods or Ziroc. I didn't see anything offensive or flammatory in there (at least not in the last page)?!?

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Bossman of Better Funny Stuff.....of the Laughing Hyenas!
Old 10-10-2001, 05:37 PM   #3
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown:
If that is just a temporary step before moving it to the new forum, disregard this post

No, I closed it because I can just SEE a flamewar happening there.. Also, a few people have been emailing me, upset about some of those types of posts.

------------------
Ziroc™
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Old 10-10-2001, 05:40 PM   #4
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:

No, I closed it because I can just SEE a flamewar happening there.. Also, a few people have been emailing me, upset about some of those types of posts.

Ziroc, that is your call of course, but with all due respect the flame war you fear has already happened and has already been resolved. Check out the last page
Old 10-10-2001, 05:43 PM   #5
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Dio...I hope its ok to post this on your thread, but I didn't think my post needed its own thread.

To those in charge... I just logged on and noticed that three of the moost spirited debates of the last few days have been deleted. Part 2 of Liliara's "How Ya Like Us Now", AboveTheRimYo's "US taught a lesson....will it ever learn from it?" Thread, and Dio's "On Cowardice" thread.

WHY?!?

Granted, those threads were getting a bit volatile, but that is no reason to delete them. If this is going to be the response of IW and its Mods then IW isn't the place I thought it was, and I believe I need to seriously reevaluate my membership.

A response is eagerly awaited and sincerely appreciated.

Nachtrafe

------------------
"In Memorium of those who are gone, and all those that bought our freedom with their hearts blood!"

"May the Colors of Liberty never run"
Old 10-10-2001, 05:44 PM   #6
Sorcerer Alex

Quote:
Originally posted by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown:
Ziroc, that is your call of course, but with all due respect the flame war you fear has already happened and has already been resolved. Check out the last page
I do feel that some of your threads are somewhat provocative Diogenes. Not necessarily a bad thing, but just not what some people want to read. I personally think you have good, rational arguments, but Ziroc does have to be careful with this kind of thing.

------------------

Formidable Flirty Fishy Sorcerer of the HADB

[This message has been edited by Sorcerer Alex (edited 10-10-2001).]

Old 10-10-2001, 05:45 PM   #7
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Not deleted - moved. Check the new section.

------------------
Regards

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)

[This message has been edited by Mouse (edited 10-10-2001).]
Old 10-10-2001, 06:02 PM   #8
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

New section? I have my shortcut set to take me straight to GD. How does one get to the new section?

------------------
"In Memorium of those who are gone, and all those that bought our freedom with their hearts blood!"

"May the Colors of Liberty never run"
Old 10-10-2001, 06:04 PM   #9
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Down towards the bottom...check the "Hop to" link at the page. Drop down the list box. One of the entries towards the bottom should say "War on Terrorism" or something like that. New forum.

------------------
Old 10-10-2001, 06:06 PM   #10
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:

Also, a few people have been emailing me, upset about some of those types of posts.

Ziroc, again with respect, I wish you would reconsider this.

Why should the content of the forum be restricted by a few people who are not willing to live and let live thread wise, who complain about threads that they don't like when all they have to do is not read them?

Shall I start emailing you with complaints about all the types of threads that I don't care for? I could do that you know. Instead of doing that, however, I respect the right of others to talk about whatever topics they want. If I am not interested, I simply don't bother with those topics. I fail to understand why certain others apparently are not extending the same courtesy.