Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-16-2001, 07:53 AM   #1
RelginFoolslayer

My inspiration for joining this board was having my PC killed by Habib, yes you heard me HABIB!

I was soloing the game and desperatly needed healing (2HP left) and ran to Waukeens Promenade and the temple there. The rest is history... and so was my character.. =D

(for those of you who don't know who Habib is he is a thief who rushes in and out of that temple throwing coins for donation to the temple... afraid that theyll turn him in if he stays)

Any other comical deaths?

Old 10-16-2001, 08:06 AM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Well... not so much as comical as it is tragic. When I first played the game, I had no access to online guides or forums such as this. I fought Kangaxx for the first time and had to reload many many times because of the Imprisonment spell. I nearly gave up but I perserved, and during one match, I lost all my party members due to the Imprisonment spells; and my Sorcerer with his Spell Trap, was trying to cast Freedom from a scroll, the spell was casted and Keldorn came back, and gave the Demi-Lich a fatal whack. Alas, my Spell Trap was used up and Kangaxx managed to cast it one last time before he died. My joy turned to misery as I got imprisoned.
Old 10-16-2001, 08:21 AM   #3
Archon Devangilous
The Magister

in the druid grove i was in the trolls cave i sent my thieves in stealth and started the attack. i hadnt rested my characters so i had basically no spells except for a fireball anyway i greatly underestimated thr trolls and everyone but my main n my mage were left. trolls havin to be burned to die i cast the fireball... once again another great under estimation the last bit of the fireball took out my main n mage

------------------
Nor shadow or myst
the jester is a myth
he is absolute
beware the jester

[This message has been edited by Archon Devangilous (edited 10-16-2001).]
Old 10-16-2001, 08:31 AM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Oooo... I just remembered something, never never fire a Spell Sequencer filled with 3 Flame Arrows at a Silver Dragon with Spell Turning, unless you have Spell Trap or Spell Turning on.

I was level 15+ at that time so it was altogether 45d6 damage... can you say ouch?
Old 10-16-2001, 08:42 AM   #5
starloc
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I just started over with a new party and while in Mekrath's tower, I drank a potion which was called "invulnerability". Unfortunately it was cursed and it turned my swashbuckler PC into a stone statue! Talk about embarassing...
Old 10-16-2001, 10:09 AM   #6
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

I remember using a limited wish and
wishing for more experience, and
a bunch of HUGE golems appeared and
beat the hell out of me. ( I would
have got more experience if I prevailed)
Old 10-16-2001, 11:05 AM   #7
StarVid
Elminster

Well, this happened in BG1. I had just picked up Minsc, and he was to be my tank. He was first level (11hps) and we rested somewhere's along the way to the Gnoll Stronghold. We were ambushed by an Ogre. I sent Minsc in to hold him back for a round until my mage could get a sleep spell off. Well, he didn't even last that long. The ogre too him out, in one hit, and it was the first hit. It was kinda funny. Minsc didn't even get a chance to finish saying "You point, I punch". It was more "You point, I [SPLAT]"...