Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2006, 03:35 PM   #21
rah_pillage
Dungeon Master

Okay, I can deal with the easy, but I'm glitching already.

I got a warhammer and was using it fine not I can see it in my inventory but can't equip it, I touch it and it highlights but it won't give the examine prompts.

Everything else in the inventory will equip and give promps for me to do something with it but the warhammer. Am I missing something?

Why would a weapon that worked, not work and not let me move it or do anything, it's like it's stuck or something?

Update:
Okay, problems solved...don't know how or why, but once I got pass the initial Academy fights and met the Pally girl again the warhammer allowed me to move it. Weird

[ 03-03-2006, 04:52 PM: Message edited by: rah_pillage ]
Old 03-03-2006, 06:07 PM   #22
Stratos
Vampire

Well, stuff like that can happen sometimes. The item is "dimmed out" and unmovable in the inventory screen. This is usually because you moved around stuff in your inventory while running around yourself, or while pausing the game. Standing still and unpausing is the obvious way to solve this. At worst you might need to save the game and then reload to fix it.
Old 03-03-2006, 06:56 PM   #23
Bithron
Baaz Draconian

Wanna have a good solo module, try "Honor Among Thieves" It's great!!

Rating: 10/10 IMO

[ 03-04-2006, 01:14 AM: Message edited by: Bithron ]
Old 03-04-2006, 06:22 AM   #24
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

Have you played Wizardry 8 BTW? That is also a solo game and just amazing.
Old 03-04-2006, 10:28 AM   #25
rah_pillage
Dungeon Master

No, I haven't played Wizardry 8, will have to check it out, didn't see it at gamespot or anything.

And yeah, Stratos, I was running around in the middle of a fight and switching weapons before it happened now that I think of it.

I'll be sure to check that module out Bithron, thanks for the heads up!

Well, getting ready for some Dcrawling.
Old 03-31-2006, 07:22 AM   #26
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Depending on how powerful your computer is, you may definitely want to look at some of the larger modules currently available. For a different style of game, you can always download some of the abandoned Persistent World scenarios from the Vault itself, as there are at the very least three or four gameworlds people have created which they uploaded to the Vault. If nothing else, it will guarantee you hours of gameplay you did not have previously.

As suggested earlier, there are quite a few well received modules created by the good people in the community. Anything stamped with the Hall Of Fame seal of approval is worth checking into. Please note, not everything in the Hall Of Fame is continuously updated, so there may be some glitches in a few of the modules. (Don't forget to download any hackpaks required.)

Finally, see if you can hunt down the hackpak/patch file that allowes you to go into your henchmen's inventory. (Look under henchmen script on the Vault.) It made the Original Campaign more than worthwhile for me after I downloaded it. And yes, it can even make your henchmen smarter.
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 09:34 AM   #27
ChoccyBic
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Please bear with me because this may be a stupid question - Can anyone explain to me why Online playing is better or more enjoyable than playing solo. I have played NWN OC,SOU and am now stuck in HOU.
ChoccyBic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 12:14 PM   #28
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Because it's player created content, or, if you prefer, you can get some buddies, hook up, and do either the OC, or Shadows multiplayer, instead of plodding through them with just yourself and henchmen. The biggest charm to me, is all the friends I've made worldwide, gaming from my little cave in Kansas USA. People that I'd have never actually met any other way. That's part of the attraction for me, getting a chance to know people outside of my sphere of experience.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 03:52 PM   #29
Stratos
Vampire

Well, it's more social than playing solo and have higher "replayability", even though talking by typing stuff into a small bar at the bottom of the screen is a very crude way of communication.

Good servers generally also have good custom content and they update their Persistent World on a regular basis.