Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2006, 07:14 PM   #11
rah_pillage
Dungeon Master

These types of games for me don't need high polygon counts to be good, I love the immersion and storylines.

Well, my moms picked up the NWN Diamond and it's on it's way. Thanks for the input Stratos.
Old 02-26-2006, 07:41 PM   #12
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Well, good luck, and I'm sure the IW crew would love to see you in Undermountain. Have fun!
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 01:13 PM   #13
Stuie
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey rah_pillage - I just recently bought NWN after playing through IWD 1&2, and I find the single player campaign enjoyable enough. Then again, maybe I had low expectations going in (since everyone seems to bad mouth the original campaign). There are some slow parts, but there are times when it reminds me of old PnP dungeon crawling. The story is... meh, it's "ok" I guess.

And you're right - for $29.99 you really can't go wrong.
Stuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 01:35 PM   #14
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Yeah, I wish I could've gotten the whole ball of wax for 29.99. I payed twice that for the Original release. However, it's been three years, and I'm still playing, albeit, online. All in all, it's not a bad gaming experience.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 04:07 PM   #15
chimaera
Dungeon Master

There are a lot of good solo play modules for NWN, made by fans:
http://nwvault.ign.com/fms/TopRated.php?content=modules
chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 04:30 PM   #16
Stratos
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by Stuie:
Hey rah_pillage - I just recently bought NWN after playing through IWD 1&2, and I find the single player campaign enjoyable enough. Then again, maybe I had low expectations going in (since everyone seems to bad mouth the original campaign). There are some slow parts, but there are times when it reminds me of old PnP dungeon crawling. The story is... meh, it's "ok" I guess.

And you're right - for $29.99 you really can't go wrong.
How far into the game have you gotten?

Anyway, the Official Capmaign is fairly decent, not as bad as some people make it out to be, but feels quite long.

Don't forget to try out some of the literally hundreds of usermade modules out there.
Old 02-27-2006, 04:38 PM   #17
rah_pillage
Dungeon Master

You've scared me up, I haven't even broken the seals on the box...LOL *shaking in his shoes*
Old 02-28-2006, 10:36 AM   #18
Stuie
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Stratos:
How far into the game have you gotten?
Err... I think I'm somewhere in chapter two. GalCiv 2 has been distracting me for the past few days, so my progress has slowed considerably.
Stuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 01:58 PM   #19
rah_pillage
Dungeon Master

Finally opened the box and loaded it, the game is simply stunning on my 1680x1050 widescreen... Wow.

Rolled a Fighter/Gladiator, 18 str, 10 Dex, 14, Con, 19 Int, 10 Wis, 10 Char

with 12 friggin hit points...LOL

Still in the academy, time to go out and start dying

oh, oh, under attack, sweet..

[ 03-03-2006, 02:02 PM: Message edited by: rah_pillage ]
Old 03-03-2006, 03:15 PM   #20
Dave G
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Still in the academy, time to go out and start dying
Don't expect it to be very hard. I played a solo Wizard with hardcore rules and running in an melee was still viable. The OC is ridiculously easy. Personally, the expansion campaigns are much better. Atleast, they are more than "X creature lair, fight mother creature, take head to NPC, collect very small reward, repeat for 40 some hours"