Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2005, 10:26 PM   #21
Chewbacca
Zartan

ZFR I sent you a PM!

Wow, I have not played chapter one of the OC in about a year and I did the quiz off the top of my head. That was tough! Congratulations to everyone else 'cause I feel like I'm gonna set the low bar!
Old 09-19-2005, 10:25 AM   #22
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Thanks Chewbacca for the answers. [img]smile.gif[/img]

OK this is FINAL CALL then. If you want to send answers but need a a few days more time you can ask for an extension. If no one else sends answers/pleads for an extension, I'll post the answers in 12 hours or so.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:35 AM   #23
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by Chewbacca:
ZFR I sent you a PM!

Wow, I have not played chapter one of the OC in about a year and I did the quiz off the top of my head. That was tough! Congratulations to everyone else 'cause I feel like I'm gonna set the low bar!
No, sir, I fought you off!
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 10:50 AM   #24
Chewbacca
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Goulum:
quote:
Originally posted by Chewbacca:
ZFR I sent you a PM!

No, sir, I fought you off! [/QUOTE]Well Done! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-20-2005, 06:35 AM   #25
ZFR
Legion Symbol

After some verification, javan's score got reduced by 2 and Ale_beer's by 1.5. Sorry .
Old 09-20-2005, 06:47 AM   #26
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Well. Since no one else replied. I hereby declare ZFR's first Ironworks Neverwinter Nights Large Quiz to be over.

Below are the answers. I tried my best to keep them as accurate as possible. However to a few answers I'm still having some doubts. If you feel some answers are wrong or that I miscalculated your points please let me know and I'll correct it ASAP. The answers to which I'm having most doubts I marked in cyan.

I was quite lenient when correcting when it came to spelling (I couldn't remember the proper spelling of many names myself). Also, except in the part NAME THE PERSON (questions 33-39) where I specifically asked for name and location for full points, I usually accepted either name or description in other questions (as long as you made it clear to me that you're talking about the right person). I was lenient there too. Also I wasn't very strict about other names and accurate answers (example, calling Peninsula District the Prison District) and I took into account the fact that The.Jester was using German version of the game (some names were changed, like the Blackalke District was translated Blacksea District). Like I said, as long as I knew that you're talking about the right thing I gave full points.

(EDIT: Comments/corrections from Legolas added. See his post below for full details.)

ANSWERS

1.Soon as you come out of Hall of Justice, a girl runs up to you and asks for your help. What district does she want you to help in?
1 point
Peninsula District.

2.What feat gives +2 to Will saving throws?
1 point
Iron Will.

3.What keyboard keys you have to press to get extra quick slots?
1 point
Shift and Ctrl.

4.Who are the two people who can heal you for free?
2 points
Aribeth and Kellisai. Kellisai is the girl referee in the gladiator pits in the basement of Board Laid Bare Tavern in the Blacklake District. Two people answered Linu, but after some consideration I decided not to give points for it, since you have to pay her when you hire her, so it's not technically free.

5.What symbol appears next to an item in quickslot to signify it has infinite uses?
1 point
Asterisk/star (*).

6.Which 2 gems appear exactly same?
2 points (no points for partial answers)
Greenstone and Malachite.
From Legolas: Ruby and Grimgnaw's Gem also look alike.

7.What district does Grimgnaw have knowledge about?
1 point
Beggar's Nest.

8.What can be found outside the wizard labs in each district?
1 point
A sundial.

9.Haw can some henchmen lower their cost without you using the Persuade skill?
1 point
If you are same race as them (not all though will do it).

MULTIPLE ANSWERS
1 point each

10.What is the name of Vengual's lieutenant who rebelled against him?
A. Callister.
B. Callick.
C. Ballick.
D. Ball-it.

B. Callick. Actually the correct spelling is Callik. My mistake.

11.How can you get a smuggler's coin from Gilda?
A. Kill and loot the body.
B. Use your Persuade skill.
C. Pay 150 GP.
D. Simply ask.

D. Simply ask. Gilda is the owner of the Golden Apple. You can't persuade or pay her, and if you kill her she won't drop the coin.

12.Boddyknock wants you to find a recipe for:
A. Bread.
B. Roast beef.
C. Belladonna juice.
D. The Wailing Death cure.

A. Bread.

13.Drawl hates Walter's because
A. He was the one responsible for bringing Gulan and the zombie infestation.
B. He joined the Neverwinter militia.
C. He tried to usurp his position as leader.
D. Drawl does *not* hate Walters.

B. He joined the Neverwinter militia. Some of you answered D, but if you talk to Walter he clearly says that Drawl hates him for joining his enemies.

14.Elves get proficiencies in
A. Bow, crossbow, longsword.
B. Bow, longsword, rapier.
C. Bow, quarterstaff, shortsword.
D. Bow, longsowrd, shortsword, dagger.
E. Quarterstaff, shortsword, dagger.

B. Bow, longsword, rapier.

15.The only "non-zombified" Sword Coast Boys gang member you meet is
A. Human.
B. Elf.
C. Dwarf.
D. Half-orc.
E. Halfling.

C. Dwarf. It's Krestal whom you rescue from a house upstairs. Walters is not a member but an ex-member.
From Legolas: Walters is a half-elf. So regardless whether you consider him a member or an ex-member, only C - Dwarf is the correct answer.

16.The latest addition to the moderator team of the Ironworks NWN forums is
A. TDC.
B. Ziroc.
C. Memnoch.
D. Lord Nasher.

A. TDC.

1 extra point for getting all multiple choice right.

TRUE OR FALSE
1 point each

17.Aribeth's dialogue and/or reward for bringing a lock of dryad's hair differ depending on whether you killed the dryad or not.
FALSE. There is no difference.

18.You can successfully Persuade Nyatar for more reward after completing his quest only if you are a druid or a ranger.
FALSE. You can Persuade with any class.

19.There is at least one weapon that is race-specific (could be a random item!!).
FALSE.

20.At least one of the components you can use to upgrade weapons in Marrok's forge can be brought from a merchant.
FALSE. And please note that weapons do not count. I wrote "components you can use to upgrade weapons". Weapons can't be used to upgrade weapons.

21.The plague started originally in Beggar's Nest.
TRUE. Many people tell you that, including Boddyknock and many commoners.

1 extra point for getting all multiple choice right.

22.Name three gods who are mentioned in dialogue in the City Core.
3 points
Helm, Tyr and Talona mentioned by the evil Gilles in Moonstone Mask. Later I realized there is also Sehanine by Linu.
Many of you answered Ilmater. Can anyone verify if it is true? I tried searching but couldn't find anyone say it. Neither did I find Lathander and Tymora which some of you mentioned. If any of you thinks it's there can you please tell me where exactly?
From Legolas: Chauntea and Silvanus are mentioned by Nyatar. Ilmater is mentioned by several people, such as Eravian. Lathander is not mentioned, nor is Tymora.

23. What is the most expensive gem? (excluding a diamond)
2 points
The answer I was looking for was alexandrite.
I'm almost sure that ruby, sapphire and emerald some of you mentioned do NOT appear in chapter 1. But I have my doubts about topaz, which one person mentioned. I reloaded my saved game just before finishing chapter 1 and checked most of the merchants (if I found a topaz somewhere, it would've ended with one of them). I did not find any. But, since gems are random items it is possible it is still there (or I missed the merchant where I sold it). Does any of you know for sure if it is there or not?
From Legolas: Treasure spawns depend on your character level, among other factors. If you're high level, you get better treasure, including gems. Since it's not at all impossible to play through chapter 1 with a level 40 character if you so desired, all of the standard gem types should be considered. The most expensive one is the Emerald at 4000 gp.

24.Name 4 orange potions.
1 points each. You get a NEGATIVE -1 point for listing a potion that isn't supposed to be there but the total points for this question won't drop below 0.
Potions of Bull's Strength, Cat's Grace, Endurance, Owl's Wisdom, Fox's Cunning, Eagle's Splendor, Clarity, Invisibility, Barskin.

25.What animal outside the zoo can you talk to if you have met the proper requirements? Where is it located? (exact location not just the district name)
2 points
You can talk to the dog outside the Board Laid Bare Tavern in the Blacklake district, if you are a druid or ranger and have animal empathy skill. I gave one point for dog and 1 for its location.

26.What special ability/feat does Daelan the Red Tiger often use?
1.5 points
Power attack. Some of you said barbarian rage and knockdown but I haven't seen him use those in chapter 1.

27.You can use radial menu to check descriptions of containers. How many different descriptions for dead bodies are there?
2 points
4. There is a fifth one but it only appears in chapter 2 and later.

28.What only board game is ever mentioned and where?
2 points
Chess, Peninsula District, Tanglebrook house basement.

29.Where (with whom) do you get an extra dialogue option for being human?
3 points
Talking to Kellisai, the girl referee in the gladiator pits in the basement of Board Laid Bare Tavern in the Blacklake District. You can convince her not to cheat, since both you and her are humans. Though some others also acknowledge you're human, this is the only time you get an extra line of dialogue.

30.Identify the following item
2 points
Ring Of Protection.

31.What god was the temple in Beggar's District dedicated to, before the Helmites took over?
2 points
It was communal temple where anyone could worship any god he wanted. You get this info from commoners.

32.How many burnable bodies are there in the docks district? How much XP do you get for burning each?
3 points
3. 25XP each.

NAME THE PERSON
1 point if you give ONLY name OR ONLY location (district AND building). 1.5 points if you give BOTH name AND location.
If more than one person match the description, you get no extra points for mentioning more than one.
ONLY PEOPLE WITH PROPER NAMES COUNT! People like "commoner, "merchant", "mercenary" do NOT.

Callik in the sewers beneath the Dock's District OR Jared jailed in the catacombs in Beggar's Nest, who was their former owner before Gulnan took over.

Belarian in the City Core outside OR Lord Eldan in the Zoo.

35.Uses a weapon that does fire damage.
Hrust, the dwarf fighter in the gladiator pits in the basement of Board Laid Bare Tavern in the Blacklake District.

36.Can't complete a task he has been sent to do.
Hector, in the wheel repair shop in Beggar's Nest. I later saw that others also qualify, like many of the henchmen (Linu, Grimgnaw, Daelan). However I did not give points for Tomi, which one of you wrote, since he hasn't been sent on a task, but rather went on one himself.

37.Says "Spare a coin, friend?" and actually has it written in his dialogue.
Festiliard, the beggar outside the Seedy Tavern in the Docks District.

38.Is a famous undead hunter.
Drake in the Shining Serpent Inn in the Beggar's Nest.

39.Calls you a "son of a bitch".
Tamora in the Moonstone Mask if you give her brooch to Hoff.

40.What two people you meet have good knowledge of Lord Nasher back from his adventuring days?
3 points
Vengaul the Bloodsailor and Ophala Cheldarstorn of the Moonstone Mask. Aribeth is wrong. She met Lord Nasher only after he became Lord of Neverwinter (i.e. after his adventuring days) and besides, all that we learn not in chapter 1 but later.

41.What two things do warriors get in City Core, that most other classes have to Persuade to get?
4 points
A pass token to Marrok the dwarf and the forge in the merchant shop.
Gauntlet pass to the Board Laid Bare gladiator pits in Trade Of Blades.

42.Of what area is the following map? Name the landmarks marked 1-4.
5 points
Blacklake District.
1.Board Laid Bare Tavern.
2.Milly's House.
3.Wizard lab.
4.Zoo.

43.Put the following in the order you drink them: Thayvian Fire Juice, Dwarven Red Eye, Orc Blood Brew, Dark Elven T'Keela.
4 points
Orc Blood Brew, Dwarven Red Eye, Thayvian Fire Juice, Dark Elven T'Keela.

44.What other 2 drinks (other then the ones mentioned above and other than Scurrd) do you drink there?
Neverwintan Sailor Spirit, Dockside Dunn's, Catoblepas Death Cheese Wine, Screaming Harpy.

Identify the following items:

Potion Of Aid.
Fluorspar.
Boots Of Striding.

1.5 points each. Extra 0.5 for getting all right.

48.With what henchman can you change your reputation during dialogue?
2 points
Grimgnaw. At one time during the telling of his story you can turn towards evil if you choose a dialogue option that supports his beliefs or towards good if you choose a dialogue option telling him he's wrong.

49.What 2 potions do many bloodsailor pirates leave?
2 points
Potion Of Cure Light Wounds and Potion Of Invisibility.

50.What is the alignment of a pixie?
2 points
Neutral Good.

51.Do you ever use the following skills in a dialogue? If yes, where?
Strength.
Dexterity.
Constitution.
Wisdom.

2.5 points each
Strenght: YES. Intimidating Orrean (Meldanen's guard) in Blacklake District.
Dexterity: NO.
Constitution: YES. Drinking contest with Jalek in the Seedy Tavern.
Wisdom: NO.

Some of you wrote that wisdom is used but didn't write where. Are you sure of that? I don't remember wisdom being used but I remember 'insight' (cant remember where though either). I thought that to be dependent on intelligence. Can anyone verify?
From Legolas: Insight uses both Intelligence and Wisdom. It is therefore not a pure Wisdom check, but Wisdom is checked nevertheless.

52.What 2 people give you a quest to kill somebody and bring part of body as a proof? Whom do they ask you to kill? What body part do you bring as a proof?
4 points
In No-Man's-Land outside of the Blacklake District, Cendran asks for Loxar's head.
In the Blacklake District, Formosa asks for Meldanen's silver tooth.

53.What 2 merchants sell a rapier +1?
1 point each. Extra 1 point if you get both right.
One is Twenty in a Quiver. The other is Eltoora's special stock which she shows only after completing her quests. In fact all the items in her special stock are same as those of Twenty in a Quiver. One would think it should be more wizard oriented.

54.What are 3 different ways in which you can get Ophala's quest to steal the artefacts?
1.5 points each. Extra 0.5 point for getting all right.
Use a thief, use the Persuade skill, ask her nicely with a high charisma. Some of you wrote that you can bring her the artefacts to her first. Initially I gave points but then checked and saw that although she does accept them, she still doesn't give you the quest, so that answer is wrong.
From Legolas: You have to be male for the asking nicely with high charisma way to work.

55.The following three people serve analogous functions in three different areas. Who are they?
2 points
They are the three "guards" outside the houses Ophala asked you to loot.

56.With what 2 people do you get a "Lie" option in your dialogue?
4 points
Well you can lie to many people. But only in some cases you actually get [Lie] in your dialogue (like Persuade). Those are Bertrand in the Temple Of Helm in Beggar's Nest when you tell him of his brother's things (lie to him that he didn't leave anything else), Jalek in the Seedy Tavern when you try to convince him that you are a Bloodsailor, Errol in the City Core outside and a Commoner in a house in the City Core both to which you can lie about finding a cure for the Wailing Death.

57.What 2 people acknowledge that you drank Scurrd?
3 points
Jalek and Ulgdog, the dwarf in the sauna upstairs. Christov does not acknowledge that you drank Scurrd; his responses are same whether you drank it or not.

58.The noblemen in the Blacklake district wanted to build a temple there, but then abandoned the idea. What god was the temple supposed to be dedicated to?
3 points
Sune. One of the nobles tells you that.

59.How many mercenaries are there in the Trade of Blades? (henchmen not included)
3 points if you get it right. 1 point if you miss it by one.
9. There is also one merchant who can't be counted as a mercenary.

60.What useful thing can you do with a fire beetle belly? (remember, this is chapter 1 only).
3 points
You can only sell it for 1 GP [img]tongue.gif[/img] .

61.List the people in the City Core (and inside buildings there) that you can threaten for money and get it.
1 points each. You get a NEGATIVE -1 point for listing a person who isn't supposed to be there but the total points for this question won't drop below 0.
2 extra points for getting all right.
Belarian.
Priest Of Helm.
Issabon.
Errol
Commoner, his wife and his daughter in a house.
Judge Oleff (after talking to Ophala in Moonstone Mask).

62.How is magic missile spell rule-wise different in NWN than it was in BG and IWD series (other than casting time)?
1 point
In NWN magic resistance is applied on the spell as a whole, while in BG and IWD it is applied against each missile separately. I only gave 1 point for this question and the next seeing how it required outside knowledge.

63.There is a person who has the exact name as a famous character from Baldur's Gate 1. He looks similar too . Who is he?
1 point
Winthorp in the City Core outside.

[ 09-21-2005, 07:44 AM: Message edited by: ZFR ]
Old 09-20-2005, 06:48 AM   #27
ZFR
Legion Symbol

The Final Winners:

1. Target: 72.5 (Head Gaoler Alaefin)
2. Zink Whistlefly: 71 (Head Gaoler Alaefin)
3. javan: 53 (Drawl)
4. The.Jester: 49 (Uthgardt Tribesman)
5. Ale_beer: 44.5 (Dire Badger)
6. Chewbacca: 24.5 (Priest Of Helm)
7. Sir Goulum: 18 (Formosa)

EDIT:----------------------------- (the next part of the post is out-of-date. Check next posts for details)

So the Winner is: Zink Whistlefly!!! [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

Great job there by Target too. Just missed it by half a point [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img] .

So congratulations Zink and everyone else too. Thanks all for participating. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

[ 09-20-2005, 12:02 PM: Message edited by: ZFR ]
Old 09-20-2005, 07:08 AM   #28
Zink Whistlefly

Thanks ZFR, I enjoyed that quiz. Now lets have the next one

Unlucky Target - that was damn close [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'm surprised there haven't been more entrants! NWN was voted number 3 of all time in the Top 10 list of PC games in GD, but there seems to be quite little activity on this board (to say it covers NWN, SoU, HoTU AND the premium modules )

EDIT: BTW what are you trying to say? Huge Pink letters...

[ 09-20-2005, 07:09 AM: Message edited by: Zink Whistlefly ]
Zink Whistlefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 07:12 AM   #29
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Well. That's that then. My next quiz will probably be after a year or so. I think this time it won't be based on a chapter like this one, but rather on some theme like "monsters", "dialogues", "history and geography of Neverwinter and its regions". I try to include the expansions and maybe even some questions from Ziroc's Undermountain, but I actually haven't played either yet [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] . I'll see yet.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:16 AM   #30
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Zink Whistlefly:

EDIT: BTW what are you trying to say? Huge Pink letters...
Not pink but magenta.. grrrr... lol [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I was just trying to find the right combination fo colors.

There: edited now. [img]tongue.gif[/img]