Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2001, 03:37 AM   #11
Lady Nightshade
The Magister

Screech - fat, funny, loves to roll on his back and get his tummy rubbed, loves to roll in catnip

Joey -very smart siamese, thinks hes a dog, loves to get into everything, loves to sleep under the covers, is very loving, esp when I am sad, gives kisses, eats anything, including pizza, candy, donuts, etc.

Used to have two really cool ferrets awhile back, boy were they a blast! loved baths, used to chase our cats, stole everything -shoes, food, car keys ect
But an old roomie stole them and we never got them back *sniff*

------------------
You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fuckin' khakis. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.
Old 09-26-2001, 05:39 AM   #12
Zateel
Zhentarim Guard

Let me preface by saying that I love animals, although I really appreciate low maintenaince ones. I work at night, sleep in the day, so playing outside at 2 am when I'm off would get on the neighbors nerves (my best time of day).
Four years ago I had the perfect pet. I love German Sheperds, and one day one happened to wander up from nowhere and die exactly one foot in front of my mailbox (towards the road). I suspect it was victim of a large pick-up truck piloted by a shirtless yee-hawing speed fiend(lot of these around my old house), although anatomically it appeared intact.
I named him Spot(Smear seemed gross), and he sort of grew on me over the next few days. As a pet, he ate little, didn't bite anyone, and kept constant vigilence at my driveway entry, a thankfully distant 150 feet from my house. I made jokes that I was unique in the neighborhood of having a zombie-in-training, or perhaps even vampire dog. A lich-shepard would make a great watchdog, I'm sure anyone would agree.
Days passed, and Spot's tummy swelled immensely, regardless of the low calorie diet he had been on since I met him. The summer heat was also taking its toll, and the daily mail check became an effort in speed and inhalation capacity, as well as developing my ant dodging skills. Between the ants and flies, Spot had made many new friends it would seem. Normally animal control would have picked up the carcass, but they still left Spot undisturbed.
A few days later, Spots crash diet paid off. He was much slimmer (like a Tristam cow in Diablo II), and I was acclimating to his aroma. The mail checks weren't so bad (although I was careful to remember to wear shoes), and Spot was really getting to be one of the family. Soon, the county road maintenaince crew came by and trimmed the grass, and left Spot a neat little haircut, right down to his bones, exposing a mercifully empty thoracic cavity. I must admit, it did lend well towards my story to my friends of my lich-dog. By this point, I was far too embarrasseed to call the animal control to get the dog, as I'm sure Spot would just go to pieces if he had to leave me.

Anyway, that's the story of my dog Spot. I didn't see him much after that. I think after the bone thing that the mailman drove closer to my box on purpose, as to squish Spot into the soil, or into dust, depending on the weather and ground density. Today I have a Beta fish that lives in a vase with a lily and gets pissed off at itself if shown its reflection (which is done only for company, at special request). It's other superpowers include eating three times per week and playing dead, which is why my wife almost, but not quite, flushed the little sucker a week ago, before it luckily moved (spontaneously) again. I hope to own a live German Shepard one day, when my son is a little older and can keep it company.
Old 09-26-2001, 05:44 AM   #13
Link
Jack Burton

Our dog could open any unlocked door after a couple of weeks. She (it was a female dog) was so smart that she even tried opening the door when it was locked. Sadly enough she died last year, when she was hit by a car... It was a very nice dog, and I even cried when she died.... I don't cry a lot, but this really made tears roll over my face..

------------------
I am committed to restore your faith in extreme violence...

Link
Overlord Executioner, Slayer of Fluffed Beings
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Official Entertainer in Cloudy's Cafe
Old 09-26-2001, 07:12 AM   #14
Epona
Zartan

Zateel - that was er... gross...

OK, this gives me a chance to rave about my bird again! I love him to bits, he is so sweet and spoiled rotten.

Titus is my little blue budgerigar (budgie, 'keet, shell parakeet, whatever other names they go by). He is now 5 months old, and tiny despite being nearly fully grown - he is what I believe is referred to as 'wild-type' meaning he is not from obscenely inbred exhibition stock, but more natural looking.

He is special for various reasons - he can hover, he is noisy and joins in when you whistle to him, he bobs up and down madly when he is playing, he begs for treats, he hangs upside down from things and is a natural acrobat. He provides unlimited company and entertainment. He's very cheap to feed and look after, but they are flock birds so if you keep just one you need to devote a lot of time every day to play with him and be his 'flock', otherwise they get bored and miserable. The only negative side is the mess - you have no idea how far feathers, droppings and seed husks can spread around a room until you have owned a bird!

Apparently in the wild these birds live in flocks of up to 25000 and they are the only parrot that drinks while floating on water - they swoop down to the watering hole, spread their wings and land on the water, using their wings and tail feathers to float, have a drink while floating, then take off again from the water!

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 09-26-2001, 08:03 AM   #15
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Well, let's see...

My dog, Josephine (I just call her Jo) is very sweet and loving and aims to please. Also warns me if anyone is even walking by our property. She loves to cuddle and snuggle with me.

Sugar (the oldest of my cats) acts like the "mom". She keeps Jo in her place and tries to eat everyone's food. She's a great lap warmer, though, and very loving.

Merlin (the hellion) is "the baby". He's zany and wild. He races around the house and zooms up his scratching post/platform. He tags the ceiling, then scratches wildly. He plays rough a lot, but also loves to be loved on. His favorite game is to get under a sheet or cover while I tease him from the other side. He looks like a psycho sock puppet when he 'attacks'!

Outside, I have "Buddy". A beautiful Siamese/Orange Tabby mix. Where his Siamese markings are, he has orange stripes instead. He's got the most beautiful blue eyes. He used to be very skittish of me, but now he demands my attention upon arriving home. He's very vocal and let's me know EXACTLY what he wants, be it food or affection.

------------------

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)

Owner/operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.
Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force
Mage extraordinair.
Occasional minion to Gwhanos the Fluffy

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*

"Allright! We'll call it a draw."

[This message has been edited by DragonMage (edited 09-26-2001).]