Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-05-2001, 06:55 AM   #11
GokuZool
Lord Ao

OK a few more things...

1: In my party I have
-Me (Paladin)
-Minsc
-Aerie
-Yoshimo
-Keldorn
-Jan

I hav just met up with Mazzy and i don't think she is that good so i won't hav her in my party. I flicked through the manual and found Edwin and read about him. I know he is in the Docks and i am now doing the Shadow Thief quest at present. If i find him and use him who should i swap..i hav considered that he is evil and he may attack Minsc i just don't know who to swap for him if i get him although i still need to take imoen into account...the only thing i can think of is....

ME
MINSC
YOSHIMO >S>W>A>P> EDWIN
AERIE
KELDORN
JAN >S>W>A>P> IMOEN

Is this a good idea if i take it..coz Jan is pretty good..but i think that Imoen is better (Correct me if wrong)
PHEW My population is 15 (Popular) i think that's good..
Thanx

-GokuZool-

[This message has been edited by GokuZool (edited 10-05-2001).]
Old 10-05-2001, 07:04 AM   #12
Bruce The Aussie
Fzoul Chembryl

Wow i didn't even know minsc and edwin fought. i had a party with minsc edwin and jan. best way to have a powerful party especially if you include aerie. You also get the best dialogue's (jan and minsc and jan and edwin are great.) also i went most of the way through BG2 and ToB (up to the boss of ToB) with a rep of 20 and edwin and he just whined a little.

------------------
Old 10-05-2001, 10:51 AM   #13
crimsonson
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have gotten the same warning from the forum but I realized:

negligble spoiler
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

>
>

1. I have a Rep of 20 for at least 2 chapters (I am at ch 5) and at least for a month now, and Edwin at best likes to say 'Enough, you have wasted opportunities after opportunites, I can't take this no more" then gives me his three scroll cases and a helmet BUT stays, he then ask the question if I should come to my senses and my choices where , NO and 'Yes, I need your skills.' He does this once a week or when I am rewarded with a Rep point for a quest.

2. Back in the PnP days when I played as DM, I use to apply Charisma and Intelligence as modifiers for party interaction and stability, especially when there are varying alignments. I am almost positive that the programmers have done the same since we get variations on party interaction with the same party members. I think your stats do play a part in party stability. My character (party leader) has a Charisma of 18 (with an elven ring). Try artificailly raising your Charisma or Edwin's Charisma and see if he becomes more stable.

In the PnP days, as DM, I always use attributes to keep my players honest, you know, a dumb orc having a great idea ( just did not roll dice everytime, I just make a mental note that orcs are not to have successful great ideas for more than once every two months then I concoct some amusing result for the failures - ie 'you bumped your head and fall') I wont be surprised if the programmers did the same... I think theirs just have more fatal results. If I did that in the PnP days my friends characters would have never left Lv 2.

Just an Idea...

[This message has been edited by crimsonson (edited 10-05-2001).]

[This message has been edited by crimsonson (edited 10-05-2001).]
Old 10-06-2001, 12:41 AM   #14
GokuZool
Lord Ao

O..

-GokuZool-
Old 10-06-2001, 05:39 AM   #15
GokuZool
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by GokuZool:
OK a few more things...

1: In my party I have
-Me (Paladin)
-Minsc
-Aerie
-Yoshimo
-Keldorn
-Jan

I hav just met up with Mazzy and i don't think she is that good so i won't hav her in my party. I flicked through the manual and found Edwin and read about him. I know he is in the Docks and i am now doing the Shadow Thief quest at present. If i find him and use him who should i swap..i hav considered that he is evil and he may attack Minsc i just don't know who to swap for him if i get him although i still need to take imoen into account...the only thing i can think of is....

ME
MINSC
YOSHIMO >S>W>A>P> EDWIN
AERIE
KELDORN
JAN >S>W>A>P> IMOEN

Is this a good idea if i take it..coz Jan is pretty good..but i think that Imoen is better (Correct me if wrong)
PHEW My population is 15 (Popular) i think that's good..
Thanx

-GokuZool-

[This message has been edited by GokuZool (edited 10-05-2001).]
Can anyone answer my problem ?

-GokuZool-

Old 10-06-2001, 06:31 AM   #16
GokuZool
Lord Ao

Edwin's accent is very strong...
Whoohoo i'm Dugeon Master...

-GokuZool-

[This message has been edited by GokuZool (edited 10-06-2001).]