Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2006, 02:03 AM   #1
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
I have just noticed that my destruction skill has been lowered to 0; it is in red so obviously something did it, but what? And how to restore it? I tried sleeping but no good, and AFAIK there are no spells for restoring skills rather than attributes. It's not a huge deal; I think it was lowered from like 7 or something, I don't need it, but I like to be in tip-top condition and I'd also like to know how it happened!
Old 01-30-2006, 03:29 AM   #2
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I vividly remember any imperial altars or temple shrines can repair that effect.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 09:21 AM   #3
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hmm. Can't recall a specific instance of a skill being lowered. Have you been hanging around any Ash Vampires lately? They tend to have some nasty spells.
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 09:47 AM   #4
Radek
Red Dragon

It is possible even in the plain Morrowind (Fury, for exaple) but, in the plain Morrowind, it's a bug. IIRC, there is no possibility in plain Morrowind to heal a skill. You can heal attributes but not skills.

There is only one cure, the console.
- First, look at your "spell bar". If you see a "red icon" there, which lowers the Destruction then get rid of the icon.
- If the skill won't get restored after removing the icon then restore the skill yourself. If you don't know the right value then you can experiment: Increase the skill and if it becomes "white" then decrease it, and so on.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:28 AM   #5
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I never even knew this was possible, only attribute drains, which are rare enough as it is for me anyway, looking at the insane amount of magic resistance my Spellsword has.
Old 01-30-2006, 12:39 PM   #6
Radek
Red Dragon

Attribute drain: Healing an attribute is an extraordinarily cheap (as far as the casting cost in spell points is considered) spell. Learn one spell, it does not matter which attribute it heals, and you can create healing spells for each attribute.

Attribute drains are frequent, you must be a very lucky payer if you consider them rare [img]smile.gif[/img] Bonewalkers, bonelords, lot of magical weapons, or almost all mages are attacking your attributes.
Old 01-30-2006, 01:19 PM   #7
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Yep, i know, but all in all i'm 90% magic resistant, so even if a Bonelord hits me with a "drain attribute" spell, chances are bigger that he caused no harm whatsoever than that he actually hurts me in any way. Matter of finding the right goodies.
Old 01-30-2006, 03:45 PM   #8
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
I'm a total console virgin, so I dunno how I'd go consoling it back. In the spell bar where you have your resistances and what certain magical equipment is doing etc there is no icon saying it has been lowered; I checked because I had just done a pilgrimage that lowered some attributes that I thought might have been the cause, but nothing.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:21 PM   #9
Seraph
Quintesson

Quote:
It is possible even in the plain Morrowind (Fury, for exaple) but, in the plain Morrowind, it's a bug. IIRC, there is no possibility in plain Morrowind to heal a skill. You can heal attributes but not skills.
IIRC the patch made it so shrines could restore skills along with abilities. I know if I look at my morrowind.esm in the construction kit the imperial shrine contains the ability to restore skills.
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote