Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2001, 09:20 AM   #81
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by mistral4543:
ooc: Erm, Kaz, my character shouldn't rescued, so that I can post updates according to my own time (I am 12 hours away from board time and cannot be on live action with u guys sometimes).

I guess that's where your familiar comes in useful... to keep an eye on where I'm taken.
OOC: Oh, I have a little problem right now anyway, you know... BTW, where are you from? 12 hours? I'm in Germany and KS is in the US so...

------------------

Sapphire Dragoness of ALSB
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Guardian of the Temple of Aerie (specialized in GenCon and BG)
Magess of Lady Lioness' Court
Historian of IW
Most Illustrious Arch-Magess of the Illuminati
Lux omnis est
Once Upon A Paper Writer's Forum
Old 10-08-2001, 09:23 AM   #82
Kaz

Quote:
Originally posted by mistral4543:
ooc: Are you gals playing SoA for the first time? I've only managed to finish once with Minsc, Jaheira, Jan (love him!!), Imoen, Viconia and my kensai. I am not too keen on moving on to TOB, cos there is much less plot and just plain tough battles.
OOC: first time, yep. It arrived on Saturday, I ordered it from www.amazon.co.uk IN ENGLISH! Ah, glorious glorious English! I love it! (You would not BELIEVE what the translators did to BGI German *sob* NOTHING deserves to be mutilated that way)

------------------

Historian of IW
Lux omnis est
Old 10-08-2001, 09:27 AM   #83
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
OOC: Oh, I have a little problem right now anyway, you know... BTW, where are you from? 12 hours? I'm in Germany and KS is in the US so...
I'm from Singapore. Was reaching zombie-hood state by Sunday morning, cos I slept about 3 hours each on Friday and Saturday night just to catch the live action. But it was worth it
Old 10-08-2001, 09:39 AM   #84
Kaz

OOC: AARGH! BAD Minsc! BAD Minsc! *hits corpse repeatedly* Signapore? Doesn't Bahamut come from there too?

------------------

Historian of IW
Lux omnis est
Old 10-08-2001, 09:42 AM   #85
mistral4543

ooc: Shall we go to CLoudy's Cafe? Not sure if we should interrupt our own plot like that
Old 10-08-2001, 09:49 AM   #86
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

ooc: Nah, no harm done... I'm just gonna take a break til the boys get here. ~cries~ I guess I'll do my math homework... Listen to this:

The pronghorn antelope can run 0.73 mi/min. Use the formula d=rt to find how far a pronghorn antelope can travel in 8 min at this speed.

WHY THE HELL DO I CARE?!
Old 10-08-2001, 10:14 AM   #87
mistral4543

ooc: Hey everyone, just in case you miss it - Memnoch has posted the responsibilities of clan leaders. (Sorry, dunno how to link to the thread)

I have to go offline now, and I'm sorry if I've been posting way too much today (as I said, it's to get my character out of the way asap). Happy continuing on your separate plot Just a suggestion: reason to open tavern is to raise funds so that you can go hunt for my character... sounds familiar??

I will post my updates sporadically from tomorrow onwards, cos my character is a minor one and too much has been said of her so far.
Old 10-08-2001, 10:15 AM   #88
Kaz

Quote:
Originally posted by Killing Spree:
ooc: Nah, no harm done... I'm just gonna take a break til the boys get here. ~cries~ I guess I'll do my math homework... Listen to this:

The pronghorn antelope can run 0.73 mi/min. Use the formula d=rt to find how far a pronghorn antelope can travel in 8 min at this speed.

WHY THE HELL DO I CARE?!
i don't know about d=rt, but I'd solve the problem like this:
0.73/1=x/8 | multiply by 8
0.73*8=x

------------------

Historian of IW
Lux omnis est
Old 10-08-2001, 12:14 PM   #89
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

ooc...hi! Until my assistant comes back from vacation on Friday, I will be loaded down with work during my day hours. I will do as much as possible, probably utilizing the late night (my time) to have good post interaction. Well, we can still take turns writing this story...and I will not catch up too soon to the tavern. But a suggestion would be for you, Mistral, to get outta that tavern ASAP, so we can barge in and look for clues. Kaz, thanks for joining. We will meet up with you at the tavern if you are interested...or you can do whatever...have fun, and leave somebody for me to kill!!!

to the story...

Larry and his companions continue their venture through the forest, until they come to the edge of the wood, and can see a city in the distance.

"I can barely walk another step! What say we bed down here for a bit and rest for but a few hours. I feel that soon we will need all of our possible strength and wits to get through our next step in finding Mistral."

Everyone relucantly agrees, and Larry offers to take the first watch as the others rest.
After about 2 hours, Larry wakes the next person up for their watch, and beds down for two hours of rest.

ooc...whoever that is that I wake up, have fun! I shall get back online as soon as I am capable.

------------------

3rd Member of the Ancient OHF and Diamond Ranger of the ALSB (secretarial position & Ambassador)
Father of the wicked but cute child known as MaryBeth

Padre de una niña bien traviosa pero guapa
---------------------
Aisukuríimu ga tabetái desu.

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 10-08-2001).]
Old 10-08-2001, 12:20 PM   #90
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

PS...I shall try to remember not to include my signature with my posts.
That will help speed up the thread opening, and take up less space.
I am not going to ask any of you to do this...
It is only my personal decision, and I don't wanna be bossy.