Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2002, 11:26 PM   #51
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

ELIZA (Despite her urging, they have made another, cleaner tavern their base. Somehow, rank having its privileges, she and Blandamour have a room of their own. There is but one wide, low, bed of rushes, and she would have it no other way. In fact, if fate gave her a choice, she would sleep with no one else, all of her life. Now, sated with a long day full of action and ending with a sweet bed with her love, she holds him tightly as he snores gently. Tomorrow, you can take your best shot at me, she thinks, snuggling as closely as she can to him against the chill of the night. I have had TODAY!!! And, tonight, she thinks sleepily, as she joins her lover in perfect communion of thought, dreaming in double harness until the morn.)
Old 06-07-2002, 12:55 AM   #52
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Addison sits in his room drinking a mug of ale and browsing through his spell book. The magical salve he carries has healed the worst of his burns, but it still hurts too move around too much. The ride to Korup Shun had been sheer torture. Ah well, they were here now and it was time to reflect on the recent events.

He didn't remember much of what happened during the destruction of the amulet. The only thing he knew for certain was that he felt more powerful for some reason. His fight with the demon had given him a new confidence in his skills and ablilities. The fight in the tavern had been exhilirating too (once it was over).

He studied his spells for awhile and then reached for a small pouch at his waist. It was one of the items he had found in Baz'guuls lair and it was a rare find indeed. While it appeared to be an ordinary pouch, the interior was actually an extra-dimension storage space that could hold many more items than the outward appearance would suggest. The best surprise had come when he first reached inside the pouch. There were a number of items stored within, all of them magical. He hadn't had time to porperly Identify them, so now seemed like as good a time as any.

Pulling on his Anti-Magic gloves to protect against any harmful effects, he pulled the items out and laid them on the table , one-by-one.

OOC>> Since we seem to be in the proverbial "calm before the storm", I figured this would be as good a time as any to follow up on those magical items Larry suggested we could find. Anybody that would like an item should PM me. You can be as specific or as general as you wish. I will pick a suitable item and run it past Larry and Cyril for thier approval. Then I'll Post who gets what.
Old 06-07-2002, 01:09 AM   #53
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

ooc: Claiming this space for a post as I'll need to engage Raymond once he settles down to sleep.

BTW - Thank you for the kind words, Larry.

Should I assume that Raymond and TAO are in the woods on the outskirts of Korup-shun?

Cerek - Just a quick question. In what particular areas, if any, would your character have sagelike knowledge?

[ 06-07-2002, 01:18 AM: Message edited by: Cyril Darkcloud ]
Old 06-07-2002, 08:19 AM   #54
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

OOC>>> As anyone who's stuck to the story long enough will know, I've no qualms killing off my characters where appropriate I, too, look forward to Cyril's challenging adventure and believe we're in for a treat

Just a gentle reminder to all that this quest may drag on for a while, so don't expect it to end so soon [img]tongue.gif[/img] Those who are not too interested can create their own sub-plots... let's just get those creative juices flowing and enjoy it all [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-07-2002, 09:56 AM   #55
Elif Godson
Dracolich

ooc> working on the juices, with a lack of sleep and too much
work to do, if you havent noticed my posts are somewhat
limited. ButI am game for the coming onslaught.
Try top kill me if you dare, muahahahahahahahahaha
Old 06-07-2002, 11:34 AM   #56
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Raymond

He had stalked through the forest for a couple of hours and was getting bored. He had heard howls of wolves around but did not have the knowledge on which one, if any, was TAO. After all...he did not speak wolf. Confident in his ability to awake if any danger was nearby, Raymond picked a nice patch of moss-bed and curled up to snooze. He was hoping that he would dream of Isaura...
Old 06-07-2002, 11:45 AM   #57
Legolas
Jack Burton

OOC: I'm holding my Legolas post for a while to give Cyril an oppertunity to arrange something. I'm sure someone heard us coming
Old 06-07-2002, 12:40 PM   #58
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

ooc: I'll have something up for you later this afternoon, Legolas. I need to work on a post for Raymond first.

A bit about the Steeplewood, however, as your ranger especially will see aspects of this that others will miss:

It is named for the tall, straight hardwoods that grow here -- impossibly tall and remarkably straight in fact. It is a strikingly beautiful place, sections of it especially so. There are places in the forest where the combination of sight, sound, touch and scent seem to call out to be lingered with and appreciated.

For Raymond:

The Steeplewood Forest

Again Miriam sings over the basin delighting in the tones of the chant. The image of a slumbering youth floats above the water. Ullalume walks quietly over to the strangely tangible vision. He is much nearer tonight than the last time she had touched the temporal movements of his life and little more than a light brushing of her fingers upon the image is needed for her find the past which has produced the dreams of this night. Claudia marvels quietly at the peaceful ease with which Ullalume opens her once troubled mind to her that she might gather the sounds and emotions and sights of Raymond’s boyhood for the Lady to see.

Melpomene, the aspect of Cora set aside for a while, smiles. Indeed, he is young, but his heart is strong and honest and there is an ardor about his dreaming. Her smile broadens. ~ None have ever looked upon you as I do now, my dear boy. Nor have any ever spoken to you as I will soon speak. ~ “I have seen enough for now, Ullalume. Take some rest, child, for I have asked much of you today.”

“He dreams, lady Melpomene,” Miriam whispers.

“It is time then.” An affectionate smile brightens her face and her hand gently enters the water within the basin. His dreams are vivid and strong and he is easily found within them. She greets him there within his dreams, a beautiful woman who sees him for who and what he is and accepts him. She awakens for him forgotten daydreams of his childhood, she smiles at his desire to be a hero and she does not turn her face from the violent and playful ferocity of the panther. “I understand,” she says quietly, “but how well do you understand yourself? Your dreams are not impossible, my young friend.” She gathers before him his boldest dreams and ideals and opens them that he might see what is possible within them, striking things within the reach of an inspired heart. She chooses none of them for him. She simply smiles. “I have enjoyed our little time together. Perhaps we shall meet again ....” She leaves him then with the lingering beauty of her smile and the possibilities of his dreams.

ooc: Here is a picture of the one who spoke to Raymond:

[ 06-07-2002, 02:23 PM: Message edited by: Cyril Darkcloud ]
Old 06-07-2002, 02:08 PM   #59
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

ELIZA (She awakens at the same time as Blandamour. They arise and go immediately to the serious business of armoring him for the day. After he is ready, she slips her light chain mail over her head, covers it with a surcoat decorated with Blandamour's arms, and joins the Company at breakfast. Galadria gives her a nasty look, which she ignores, sitting next to Blandamour at the communal table.)

[ 06-07-2002, 02:09 PM: Message edited by: Galadria ]
Old 06-07-2002, 03:17 PM   #60
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

For the Lady Galadria:

Constable Isaaks

“Damn trinkets!” he mutters to himself as he adjusts the badge of his office. Sooner or later the promotion was bound to happen not that it made adjusting to the administrative duties of his new office any easier. Still, someone has to address the violent events of the last weeks and that is why he is here in search of the pink armored woman. He walks with a slight limp to the innkeeper and after a brief conversation moves to the room where the new arrivals are taking their breakfast. Announcing his presence with a knock on the open door, he speaks in a low, sure voice. “Good morrow. I have come to speak with a certain Lady Galadria.” His eyes quickly find her and he notes that she seems every bit as formidable as he has heard. “By all means, finish your meal. I will await you at a table in the common room,” he addresses her with an almost cordial bluntness and then leaves to take a place at a small table near the bar.
Closed Thread