Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2002, 10:42 PM   #231
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

Adam Silver

It was indeed a dramatic statement that was made yesterday in the Pit. With one simple shot from his crossbow he had managed not only to win the respect of the Pitters, he had also announced his very public but indirect challenge to the new constable and his availability to whatever mysterious party had such remarkable interest in the woman. ~ And such a billboard they provided with the symbols and trappings they bore! And especially with the reaction! Yes, the zealous can be made to sound such wonderful notes should one know how to play the instrument. ~ He chuckles softly to himself. It is now time to gauge the responses, both official and unofficial.
Old 06-17-2002, 11:01 PM   #232
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Raymond

It had been a hard run. He was nearly beaten by fatigue, and now, he finally could see her, when before all he had was a trail of scent just barely noticeable. Running out into a clearing, he stopped short and ws amazed that the lady stood before him now in her human form, smiling at him. He stopped and caught his breath, then turned back into human form, obviously exausted. Taking a stoop on the ground, he looked up and asked..."So, was my challenge only to keep up, or am I assuming too much to think this is over?"
Old 06-17-2002, 11:08 PM   #233
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

For Raymond

The Steeplewood Forest

Ligeia says nothing, but simply looks at him with her mysterious smile. She is inwardly delighted that he should want this so much it would even blind him to the explosive beauty that now surrounds him, a beauty as compelling in the subtle tones of starlight as it is under the steady gaze of the sun. “Once you stop breathing so hard,” she laughs, “perhaps you will allow yourself to see where you now stand.”
Old 06-17-2002, 11:20 PM   #234
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

OOC>> Mistral, I gave you time to take your best shot at me, but now I'm away with my little redhead. Who knows what adventures lie in store for them? LOL
Old 06-17-2002, 11:23 PM   #235
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Raymond

She was right. He had been so intent on following the wily wolf to prove himself, he had not even cared to look at where he was going. In fact, he had forgotten for a time that he had eyes, as his nose led him most of the way here. Now that they stood there as humans, he looked up and around for the first real time. He nearly became breathless once more. Nowhere could he remember seeing such a sight and beauty as this grove they now shared...and the trees were magestic, tall, and very old. The whole air had a different ...taste to it. Somewhat fresher, but more ancient than Raymond had thus been exposed to.

Looking at his guide with renewed interest and wonder, he asked, "My Lady! Where do we now stand?"
Old 06-17-2002, 11:35 PM   #236
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

For Raymond

The Steeplewood Forest

“Ligeia,” she laughs, “you are free to use my name.” Once more the shift in her bearing is sudden as she grows serious. “You ran in the strength of your gift, did you not? Followed me not as the ungifted do, but as the panther that is now mysteriously also yourself. The ‘test’, as you call it Raymond, had nothing to do with keeping up with me and everything to do with how you would do so.” She smiles once more. “Your gift is strong and even your first movements within it have power. This TAO who has taught you has done well.” Opening her arms she indicates the expansiveness of this new forest. “Those of the nearby city name this place the Steeplewood. It is here that the others and myself make our home.”
Old 06-17-2002, 11:48 PM   #237
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Raymond

"Lady Legeia! I have no right to be in such a sacred grove as this! You have given me a glimpse of the playground of the Gods, and I have not earned it! Dare I say that I am quite .er...nervous to be in such a hallowed land! What, then...would you ask of me? Surely this comes with a price?"
Old 06-18-2002, 08:19 AM   #238
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

SIR BLANDAMOUR)To Sir Bors) "Ay, my lord, it was not a success. The city is too large, and the evil there too pervasive for bright swords alone to slay. But, I am glad that you have a task that is within my reach. I shall first, though, seek out that King and see what it is that he has that the dragon puts so high a price on. My esquire and I shall leave on the morrow. But first, I must rest, for we have ridden long and hard to get here, our beasts, even more than we, need a respite." (They retire to the nobles' quarters on the third floor. Eliza is supposed to sleep across the threshold, but, as usual, she doesn't.) [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 06-18-2002, 08:20 AM: Message edited by: Attalus ]
Old 06-18-2002, 09:35 AM   #239
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

ELIZA (They depart the next morning, headed toward the palace of the King of Durban. As they pass through a passss in the Bright Mountains, they become aware of wolves howling.) "My Lord! The wolves of the mountains. They will catch our scent and be on us, soon."
Old 06-18-2002, 09:45 AM   #240
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

SIR BLANDAMOUR "Bah, wolves. We have a dragon to deal with, and you worry of wolves?" (Sure enough, six of them pop over a rise and head for them, teeth bared and jaws a-slaver. Eliza's horse shies, but Shaitann does not. The great warhoselashes out with his forefeet, each the size of a dinner saucer, flingin a furry form aside. Blandamour catches the leader, a great silver one, on the fly as he leaps at him, cutting him nearly in two with his sword. Shaitann pivots, driving back the others, while one concentrates on Eliza, her horse plunging and spinning. B. spurs Shaitann over to them and spits the one menacing Eliza through the kidney. The remaining three turn and run, quickly disappearing.) (He sheathes his sword and grins at Eliza.) "Well, squire, what would you say to a wolf-skin cloak?"
Closed Thread