Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 01-21-2001, 02:39 AM   #1
Eric
Elite Waterdeep Guard

HeHeHe........
I guess this could be a spoiler...
So Anyway...... My hasted invisable Monk (lv 14) and My hasted (both the improved haste)stealthed stalker
Sneak behing firkraag, while my spell casters begin casting some spells.
Monk readies special ability quivering palm.
Stalker is told to attack(hoping for backstab)
Monk attacks
Firkraag: damage like 17 or so
Firkraag :save vs Spell
1st mage spell is fired: Monstersummoning III
Firkraag does some stuff like stoneskin on himself and dragon fear on ettercap my Mage summoned
Monk makes 2nd attack
Stalker still has no report of if he moved yet .....but then its only been a second or so
Firkraag begins another type of attack that blows characters: 2 get damaged from it so far
Monk does 14 damage to firkraag
rest of party blow across screen, including Monk
Firkraag: Death

DAMN!! Quivering Palm, 2nd HIT!!!! I was like whohooo!!!
When I activated quivering palm, I was thinking NO WAY this will work on a major baddie like Firkraag
BUT it must as he was taken out by it.

Now I feel cheated of a Major Battle, Shadow Dragon was harder, although I did not try Quivering palm on him.
But Cheated or not I have a BIG SMILE across my face when I think of MY Monk!!!!
Old 01-21-2001, 02:43 AM   #2
Drake
Baaz Draconian

Monks are pretty good. What hardness do you play on?
Old 01-21-2001, 03:02 AM   #3
Eric
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Default setting, Which is normal I guess
When I first started I was thinking HOLY SH!T, this is harder than BGI ever was mages kept confusing me and I was killing myself.
Now I have a decent party and have learned to battle mages better, Things have gotten much easier....except for Golems and Vampires they are my pet peeves Probbably because I built my party to stop enemy mages.

Ok here is my multiplayer party(to save you from asking)

Stalker (ranger brought in from BGI)lv 12(katana&scimtars++ Long/short swords+ Dual Weild +++ And Hammer +(in anticipation for possible Crom Fayer candidate for off hand as no one else besides vicona could use it)

Monk lv 13 Fists

(I loved the kensai and monk Ideas and couldn't decide so I created one of each...also My ranger had to be ME again)

Kensai/Mage lv 13 Zerthamon Blade/Pixie Prick

Vicona [Lv hmm 11 or 12 I think] Flail of ages or other maces depends on opponet/ Various shields depending on the situation

Jan Jansen [Lv 11/11 (I think)] Crossbow of speed

Edwin Lv 12 Boomerang dagger

What Sux is I have no Bow people and no real shield or armor people(besides vicona) and no 2 handed sword people.....SO I don't get to use MOSt of the cool stuff I find.
BUT My party still kicks arse right now and I'm attached to everyone(well with edwin I'm attached to his spell abilities,he has SO MANY Slots to memorize its sweet)