Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-17-2000, 11:09 AM   #1
TDZHON

I just wanted to post this becuase this weapon is way bad, although it is only +3. It has a 25% chance to force a save vs. death or die for each hit. On the average lvl 20 creature, this is about a 10% chance per hit, very nice!

Read below for spoil...

__________________________________________________ __

1. After finishing spellhold, go with the Pirate dude on his boat.
2. He gives you the blade part.
3. When in underdark, free the githyanki in the mind flayer area.
4. Later, you will meet them in a "tent" like thing in the middle of the underdark area.
5. Refuse to give up the blade, and kill them.
6. Later, you will return to Amn. When it gets dark, you will be approached by some REALLY nasty Githyanki. Refuse to give up the sword again. After a nasty battle, you will have the hilt.
7. Cromwell in the bridge district will reforce the Vorpal weapon for 7,500 gold.

Remember, this is a two-handed weapon. When I started this game, I put 5 spec in two-handed sword, the rest went to two-handed wield (2 max) and longbow for the rest. At first, I was angry becuase dual-wield is soooooo awesome. But the best swords are two-handed, and it paid off in the end. Each successful vorpal kill has a neat "death spirit" that comes out of the baddy, it is SOOOOO cool!

Old 10-20-2000, 07:28 AM   #2
lordkymil

hey i never got approached by any githyanki in Amn. i did kick their ass in the underdark but the only other time i saw them was when i did haerDalis's quest in the astral plane and i accidentally had to kill about 4 of them in their cage. I've just finished the game without the vorpal but it would have really come in handy at the end when my party was dropping like flies around me. where in Amn did you run into them and what context was the game at?
i never found the wave halberd either, did you?

Old 02-17-2001, 05:36 AM   #3
Bruce The Aussie
Fzoul Chembryl

After nicking the blade go to the docks area they should apear
Old 02-17-2001, 06:03 AM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Did we have another crash or did Bruce dredge this up from four months ago?
Old 02-19-2001, 11:29 PM   #5
lekimbel
Welcomed New User

Just a warning though on the Vorpal sword: the first time, I followed thru, talking to the pirate Seamon or whatever, and following his stupid adventure, before i got killed and had to reload. This time around, I didn't have the patience for his betrayals and so I just killed him at the docks!!!! For a while, I thiught I was trapped in Spellhold but I managed to get out into the Underdark thru the Asulym-HOWEVER, he *doe not* have the Vorpal Sword if u just kill him. In my opinon that is a design flaw-WHy should characters have the Sword if u are nice/but don't have it if you get "violent"-the game openly tem,pts you to trash him, because he is lying all the time. When the time came for him to meet Justice his part of the vorpla sword should be on him!!