Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2001, 05:20 PM   #21
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
[i]
Sorry You guessed wrong! I have told my wife who I find attractive, and why..."I like her hair, pretty eyes, she is just a cute girl...etc. I have told her that I would never hide anything from her, and so I have not. She is not sharing. She knows that I find other girls attractive, and she understands why. She even agrees with me most of the time, as to let me know that my taste is good.
There is personal reason why I would ask the question as to why she will not let me know who she likes. This is why I asked it, not for your sake, or any other, but for me.
Sorry I did not include that in the first part. I just did not think anyone would challenge my reasoning for asking this. Thanks for reminding me to update my info., though.

[/i

Maybe I owe more explanation than this. I try to convince my wife that I am honest with her, and sometimes I like to pull jokes on her, just to see if I can get her jealous. For example, I know that she is going to catch me looking at that girl in the mall as we go walking by.
I do not want to look without an explantation, that I feel I owe her, she being my wife and all, so I say..."Look at her! She so fine, you're probably having lesbian thoughts right now, aren't you?"
Or maybe, "Hey! I like the way that girl does her hair...what do you think of it?"
Sometimes, I may see a guy who has stud written all over him, and I will say..."Karen! That guy is checking you out! You want him, don't you? "
Karen seems to enjoy the fact that I am so open with her, and that I let her know what I am thinking, even if it is disguised as a joke.

------------------

Devoted member of the Ironworks
Loyal guardian of the OHF
Member of the Ancients' club
Faith beset in The Rocks
(they show the way, you know...)
Old 08-23-2001, 06:34 PM   #22
Lord Shield

The beautiful winged elf is right

The question seems ambiguous - she could just mean she's not attracted to them sexually (you stud, you ) - otherwise I'd be surprised

Now stop worrying and make love to her some more, man!

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
Lord Raptor's Site

Old 08-23-2001, 06:59 PM   #23
Tananda
Elminster

Replying the question, "Is she lying?", I'd say - No, she isn't.
I agree with Moni, and Reeka, and Yorick in everything they said here...
When I was so much in love with my ex, I honestly did not find any male being on the planet (except him, of course ) attractive, though I never told my ex that he was "the only one".
It was like I did not aware that there were other men around, I had that one I needed and it was enough. I found many men to be wonderful friends and nice persons, but never saw them as males.
Then, I suddenly found out that there were others and some of them were really attractive - but I was able to realize it only because I stopped to love that "only one"...
So, Larry, I believe your wife is speaking about things she feels and you're very lucky she feels it exactly this way .
Tanda.

Old 08-23-2001, 07:20 PM   #24
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I'll read the other posts after I have done this one.

First off - don't feel bad about 'looking' at other women. I think the vast majority of men do, even if they truly love their wives. No harm in looking. Don't touch! That WOULD be a betrayal.

With women, and I have talked to a number of friends about this during recent years, it seems to depend on how much they care for their partner and how happy they are.
Most women I have talked to who love their partner are just not interested in other men.
Some women are as interested in 'looking' at men as men are in looking at women. Most of THEM seem content with just 'looking'.
An unhappy woman, or one who no longer loves her partner, may do more than just look.

Personally, I am a 'look' person! But I never touch.

------------------

Old 08-23-2001, 07:42 PM   #25
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:

...Now stop worrying and make love to her some more, man!
That is another problem...now that you brought it up...
Why do women lose their drive and desire after the birth of a child?
It is so unfair to us.
My wife used to beg me for more...
now...
she tries to fall asleep before I get outta the shower.

------------------

Faith beset in The Rocks
Old 08-23-2001, 07:43 PM   #26
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
[/i

Maybe I owe more explanation than this. I try to convince my wife that I am honest with her, and sometimes I like to pull jokes on her, just to see if I can get her jealous. For example, I know that she is going to catch me looking at that girl in the mall as we go walking by.
I do not want to look without an explantation, that I feel I owe her, she being my wife and all, so I say..."Look at her! She so fine, you're probably having lesbian thoughts right now, aren't you?"
Or maybe, "Hey! I like the way that girl does her hair...what do you think of it?"
Sometimes, I may see a guy who has stud written all over him, and I will say..."Karen! That guy is checking you out! You want him, don't you? "
Karen seems to enjoy the fact that I am so open with her, and that I let her know what I am thinking, even if it is disguised as a joke.

[/QUOTE]

Ye gods! If I were Karen I'd smack you round the head for saying stuff like that, Larry. It is SO insulting! I doubt if she really enjoys such comments, even if you feel you are being 'honest'.
You feel guilty for finding other women attractive, and are trying to reduce your guilty feelings by wishing the same on her. Don't try to put onto her your own perception of things, it is not fair. Just take her word for it that she is not interested, and keep your 'guilt' to yourself. Because there is NO NEED to feel guilty if you never touch!

------------------

Old 08-23-2001, 07:45 PM   #27
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Oh...
By the way, read my last post on page one...
Help is needed...

------------------

Faith beset in The Rocks
Old 08-23-2001, 07:51 PM   #28
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:

...Now stop worrying and make love to her some more, man!
That is another problem...now that you brought it up...
Why do women lose their drive and desire after the birth of a child?
It is so unfair to us.
My wife used to beg me for more...
now...
she tries to fall asleep before I get outta the shower.

I'm making a guess here, Larry, but I'd say it's called "childrearing." Those little boogers are a handful, and she's probably dead tired for real.

It is not at all uncommon for sexual desire to decrease after the birth of a child, from all the studies I've seen on it. A lot of it has to do with fatigue more than anything else.

As I said above, you guys need a BREAK. A big one!

------------------
Old 08-23-2001, 08:54 PM   #29
Akasha
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I know this is old news Lar, but I gotta get in there. You are so...*RRARGH!!*
You need to totally stop making comments like the "What do you think of her hair?" thing. Let Karen be Karen. You married her for her, for who she made herself and it looks to some girls including myself like you want her to change her appearance to match that of another girl of your type. (Now I, being your sister, can say this). I know how you prefer long, soft, blonde or auburn hair if you can help it. Please try not to let her think you want her to change. That will really piss her off. And besides that, maybe you should chill with the comments about other girls altogether. TRY THIS: (Put your serious face on and ) ASK KAREN HOW SHE REALLY FEELS WHEN YOU MAKE THESE JOKES WITH HER. Tell her you never meant any harm, but that you're curious if she's offended. This could also be a reason why she doesn't want to make love to you. Women pride themselves that way: TAKE SEX AWAY WHEN HE'S BAD. I could be totally completely wrong. I don't know her well as you, but I know she loves you and will for eternity. You should make her feel more special than the sparkling stars in the sky and devote a whole entire evening to romancing her. Have Katherine watch the baby, and put on some Rico Suave!!!!!
Love ya...
Old 08-23-2001, 08:59 PM   #30
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
Ye gods! If I were Karen I'd smack you round the head for saying stuff like that, Larry. It is SO insulting! I doubt if she really enjoys such comments, even if you feel you are being 'honest'.
You feel guilty for finding other women attractive, and are trying to reduce your guilty feelings by wishing the same on her. Don't try to put onto her your own perception of things, it is not fair. Just take her word for it that she is not interested, and keep your 'guilt' to yourself. Because there is NO NEED to feel guilty if you never touch!

Sorry, Lar.. but man do I agree with F, here! If my guy said those things to me, I'd put him and his gear in the shed for a month! Yikes!

CB

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."