Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dungeon Craft - RPG Game Maker
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2008, 04:19 PM   #1
manikus
Jack Burton

Default DC Tutorial: Logic Block - icon index

I've created a tutorial to show people how to use the Logic Block event to change the icon index for PCs and NPCs during the game in Dungeon Craft. It's available in .pdf format from my site.

Download File
Old 06-01-2008, 04:25 PM   #2
SilentThief
Symbol of Cyric

Burger Time Champion
Default Re: DC Tutorial: Logic Block - icon index

Sweet!!! If I can get this to work in combat this will help with so many things, ranging from a person becoming a were-creature in to icons with weapons representing what actually is used by the player...

ST
Old 06-01-2008, 04:27 PM   #3
manikus
Jack Burton

Glad to be of assistance.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:16 PM   #4
SilentThief
Symbol of Cyric

Burger Time Champion

In fact, you are becoming quite to logic block guru. Back when I was talking about the possibilities of ASLs and Logic block, I must confess that there was quite a lot I couldn't still do, and now I''ve been halted on the guide by time limits (except for an occasional playing around with scripts). But I'll keep trying out wierd stuff to see what we can and cannot do, and I'll pass on anything I find so as to make it common knowledge. Even if I don't do my own, I still would like to contribute to any tutorials and/or guides on these subjects, especially with spells and/or magical items to produce a "cut and paste" file or default database for spells and items.

With that in mind, has anyone tried out the saving throws to see if they work correctly?

ST
Old 06-01-2008, 07:05 PM   #5
manikus
Jack Burton

I've got a bunch of other Logic Block tricks up my sleeve, too. ASLs are pretty darn sweet. While we are seemingly limited to only 26 ASLs for use with the ^ in text events, we can actually do pretty close to 50, and then with use of the last logic gate (L) this can be doubled to almost 100 callable ASLs for use in text boxes with the ^. Of course we have unlimited ASLs available for other purposes (well at least,virtually unlimite).

I haven't gotten to working on the next stage yet, which is Logic Block and the database, but I think we can pretty easily manipulate any players inventory.