Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 07-20-2001, 04:03 PM   #11
ianbkwan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

y'all, i do realize that the warez guys may make games or other programs more expensive, but what other alternatives would you sugest to other people/gamers living in third world countries? just for reference, may i just say that 50 US dollars is a LOT of money in a country where the minimum wage is only about 250-300 dollars per month. plus, living us we do in the philippines, the support that game/software companies offer to us is often very, very limited. i have no qualms about pying full price, but i think that paying a fifth of one month's salary for one program would reduce my existence to subsistence level, and i would probably not get the support that is available to y'all. are you then willing to suggest that we do not play the game or get the program, if it is priced out of reach?

[This message has been edited by ianbkwan (edited 07-21-2001).]
Old 07-20-2001, 04:18 PM   #12
~WulfGar~
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Inresponse only to DOnkeyWan again...if you do full install, like I did, you don't have to switch cd's....you really are stupid aren't you.
Old 07-20-2001, 05:00 PM   #13
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Wulgar:

Just a suggestion, but I would agree with Lord Victor that you should consider editing your thread in regards to your responses to Donkey Wan. They could be construed as flaming and there is little tolerance for that here. I would do it before a mod sees it. That is one thing IW is very strict about here.

And welcome to IW.

------------------
Order of the Holy Flame
Member of Clan HADB

Old 07-20-2001, 05:10 PM   #14
oldbittercraig
Elminster

let him get booted...
Old 07-23-2001, 12:58 AM   #15
Victor von Steiner
Silver Dragon

Thank you Reeka and Hayashi. I am now bringing this to the attention of a MOD as Wulfgar did not take our advice.

------------------
Vampire Lord

I am your Lord.
I dine on the Best.
So come, give me your BLOOD!
Old 07-23-2001, 01:22 AM   #16
~WulfGar~
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, since you all wish to get me booted, why don't I just give you reason....
■■■■ YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! obviously you all believe yourself to be superior because you have been playing this game so long, well, you have all given me reasons to not play, and I have returned the game to the store where it was originally purchased...oh yeah, ■■■■ you all, except Grinch. he was the only one who seemed helpful.... thank you bro...as for the rest of you....

Old 07-23-2001, 02:45 AM   #17
Victor von Steiner
Silver Dragon

Hey Wulfgar. We asked you nicely to edit your posts but you did not. But you continue with flaming and swearing. We do not tolerate what you did here.

------------------
Vampire Lord

I am your Lord.
I dine on the Best.
So come, give me your BLOOD!
Old 07-23-2001, 03:50 AM   #18
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Wulfgar
We do not believe ourselves to be superior. But we do believe in common courtesy, and adherence to a set of rules that you *agreed* to when you signed up to this forum.

I did not flame you, I asked you to edit your response to Donkey Wan to make it less provocative, and hence less likely to catch the attention of a mod. You chose instead to take umbrage, and return BG2 (your loss, you're missing out on a great game) - and all because of a crack? All because someone called you a Warez Boy? Something which btw you could have chosen to refute politely.

This board is a great resource and generally friendly. If you wish to continue as a member, please treat others with consideration. If you think this is not for you, then all I can say is... bye!

------------------
"Butt-kicking for goodness!" - Minsc
"Cities always teem with evil and decay. Let's give it a good shake and SEE WHAT FALLS OUT!!" - Minsc
Old 07-23-2001, 04:58 AM   #19
~WulfGar~
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The sooner you all get me booted, the sooner you will no longer have to see my "Flaming"

Old 07-23-2001, 06:25 AM   #20
floyd
Zhentarim Guard

why not just shut up now? there is a link to a no-cd website above, in case you missed it.