Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 04-07-2001, 01:01 AM   #1
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

1000-The Sword of Two-Fifty's Soul

This blade contains the soul and partly the thoughts of the entity known as 250. 250 was an adventurer who had an obsession for using itemes that had very long histories. 250 was a bard and travelled the realms seeking out long lost historical weapons. he would then write down as much of their history as he could and attach them to his sword belt. needless to say he ended up with many, many weapons. 250 was also a mediocre blacksmith who took up smithing due to his love for weapons. unfortunately while he was working on one such item, really a modification on an ancient blade of mild but curious enchantment, he became trapped within the sword. This accident was caused when the great archmage KenTeamBG secretly placed a soul trap enchantment on the blade. for you see, Ken was tired of hearing 250 ask him about blacksmithing techniqes and how to make various enchantments at inappropriate times and places. when asked about this the sword will tell you it was really much more complicated then this and will recount old tales that are completely irrelevant. however this does have an upside: the wielder of this weapon has his lore greatly increased and the sword has rather random special effects, some of which are very powerful. of course, after combat the sword will go on and on about the history of that ability and what weapon was capable of casting it to the point where your ready to cast silence around yourself just to shut the thing up, but it is useful nonetheless.

STATISICS:
type: short sword
dmg type: slashing
dmg:1d8+2/+4 against creatures with int or wis below 9
THACO:+2
special: on each hit this sword randomly causes one of the following: blindness,confusion,stun, and poison unless a save is made at -1.
8/day may use "250 ancient powers" which is an assortment of random abilities that are chosen from a set of 250. most notably: summon gold dragon, a field which causes 1d4+1 damage to all enemies within its diameter, the previous ability only effecting demons, an effect similar to deck of fate, summon TheGnome (a gnomeish illusionist archlich), the cursed ability "annoy Ken" which summons the all powerful archmage who immediately attacks the wielder, and "Gate of AbyssBlade" which if he feels like it causes AbyssBlade (known on some planes as ShadowWind) the ArchPsion/shadow warrior to gate in and attack the wielders enemies
doulbles lore value of wielder

Usable by:
any with int greater than 12
Old 04-07-2001, 03:35 AM   #2
Masutarim
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Wow~!!

What a great Thing~!!

How did they make this??

Old 04-07-2001, 04:00 AM   #3
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Masutarim:
Wow~!!

What a great Thing~!!

How did they make this??

no, they didnt make it, just dudes from teambg.com making fun of me, lol
Ken, Abyssblade, TheGnome, those are ppl's names,
Old 04-07-2001, 05:04 AM   #4
white heron
Manshoon

Heh! Dammit,they should have really made it

------------------
"You,...You wouldn't hurt a Gnome would you?"
Old 04-07-2001, 07:04 AM   #5
IdiotRogue
Manshoon

If one researched your family history, I truly believe one would find a Jan Jansen lurking in a woodpile somewhere.

Keep up the good work. I have read many of your weapons posts and have found them both interesting and entertaining. Haven't commented previously because of my lack of AD&D knowledge but this one cracked me up .

------------------
- for cut rate prices call 976-BRIS-FOR-LESS {Next time I send some damned fool, I'll go myself...}
Old 04-07-2001, 12:05 PM   #6
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by IdiotRogue:

If one researched your family history, I truly believe one would find a Jan Jansen lurking in a woodpile somewhere.

Keep up the good work. I have read many of your weapons posts and have found them both interesting and entertaining. Haven't commented previously because of my lack of AD&D knowledge but this one cracked me up .

thanks a lot. and thank you to all those who read my descriptions and take them kindly. you know, this has been an interest to me recently. I always asked myself, why am I constantly making up those items. well, it is fun. however, had you guys not being so supportive, i would screw it up and quite long time ago. your comments, suggestions, critism constantly remind me there are ppl who share the same interest with me. and that keeps me going! a big

THANKS

to all of you

Old 04-07-2001, 01:07 PM   #7
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

LOL!

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!