Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-16-2004, 04:05 PM   #11
Jaradu
Silver Dragon

Bloody Pingu Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Ivelliis:
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:

*remembers when he spent 29 hours awake working in order to complete the two 10,000 word courseworks for his I.T GCSE*
Uh oh!

I started my GCSE's this year, and I took Applied I.T. After choosing the course I found out we're supposed to do an hour at home for every hour at school!
Hopefully I won't have to do this 10,000 word coursework that your talking about, it sounds like a procrastinators worst nightmare!

I can relate to the "leave stuff till the last minute" thing. That reminds me, I have Applied IT homework to hand in tomorrow, better get started eh?
[/QUOTE]Hehehe, I.T. coursework sucks... My teacher wants to speak to my parents because I keep mysteriously 'losing' my work... Why should I get get punished for something I didn't do?! *hint hint*

What are you doing for your IT Coursework, Ivellis? We have to invent our own company, make adverts, business cards, etc... S' all pretty pointless to me. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

As for procrastinating? All the time. I currently have three huge English coursework essays - one on "A View From The Bridge", one on "To Kill A Mockingbird", and one on newspapers. They are due in on... negative three weeks. But the reason my English teacher doesn't bug me for work too often is because she is usually very pleased with my work. [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img]

Yep, you can usually find me in the school library at breaktimes and lunchtimes, doing homework due in for next lesson. [img]smile.gif[/img]

One subhject I never procrastinate with, however, is History. I bloody love it. And I think I love my teacher as well.
Old 11-16-2004, 04:20 PM   #12
T/-/alali
Baaz Draconian

Procrastination is your friend. I would do it more often if my mom didn't bug me about doing my work so much... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2004, 04:25 PM   #13
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaradu:
What are you doing for your IT Coursework, Ivellis? We have to invent our own company, make adverts, business cards, etc... S' all pretty pointless to me. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I do GNVQ Business Studies, and that's the kind of coursework we get next year, this year they decided to teach us all the Retailing and Finance stuff, get our exams over (This January!) and then do the easier coursework

In Applied ICT we've done:
1) Technology I Use, recording, listing and evaluating it, a LOT of repeating myself.
2) Technology Used by *random family*, can't remember the name

This year my school is using Atain as the course, you can't get in without logging in, but all the info is on there

Quote:
As for procrastinating? All the time. I currently have three huge English coursework essays - one on "A View From The Bridge", one on "To Kill A Mockingbird", and one on newspapers. They are due in on... negative three weeks. But the reason my English teacher doesn't bug me for work too often is because she is usually very pleased with my work. [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img] [/QB]
My English teacher hates me, heh. She moved me and my mate to the front because "We talk to much". So does everyone else in the class, but only us have to be moved to sit riiiiiiight at the front!
Your coursework sounds really hard, so far for English I've done:
1) Write a story titled "Waiting for the Bus" MOST BORING STORY EVER!
2) This is Media Studies, 'Compare Invasion of the Body Snatchers 1956 and 1974'
Hopefully there isn't more to come, I HATE coursework.

Quote:
Yep, you can usually find me in the school library at breaktimes and lunchtimes, doing homework due in for next lesson. [img]smile.gif[/img]
I don't go to our Library, but its usually in the lesson before, on my lap writing down our homework, or in registration/form time when I'm 'catching up' on homework

Quote:
One subhject I never procrastinate with, however, is History. I bloody love it. And I think I love my teacher as well.
I wouldn't go as far as loving my History teacher (he is a guy), but History is one cool lesson. The teachers are fairly laid back, so they let you have a laugh etc. but teach you as well, it gets through and it's a fun lesson as well.
Old 11-16-2004, 05:24 PM   #14
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Ivelliis:
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:

*remembers when he spent 29 hours awake working in order to complete the two 10,000 word courseworks for his I.T GCSE*
Uh oh!

I started my GCSE's this year, and I took Applied I.T. After choosing the course I found out we're supposed to do an hour at home for every hour at school!
Hopefully I won't have to do this 10,000 word coursework that your talking about, it sounds like a procrastinators worst nightmare!

I can relate to the "leave stuff till the last minute" thing. That reminds me, I have Applied IT homework to hand in tomorrow, better get started eh?
[/QUOTE]Didn't HAVE to be 10,000 words...but I'm something of a perfectionist when it comes to coursework.

It was the procrastinators worst nightmare, I dubbed it "Gigantor-Evil overlord of all quickly approaching deadlines" at the time...the name's stuck amongst my friends! [img]graemlins/biggrin.gif[/img]

Anyways...I've got an A2 Biology Coursework to do, it's due for Friday. See I'm improving!
Old 11-16-2004, 06:19 PM   #15
spydar

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
You may want to look into a useful new activity, Spydar - it's called constructive procrastination, or "constructination" for those most intimate with it . This involves not actually doing the work, but doing "work-like activities" that resemble work but aren't, or are trivial parts of the work. This way, you're not working, but you feel more virtuous because you are "working" [/QB]
Ah, I have been practicing the artform known as "constructination" for all these years and I didn't even know it! that'd explain why I spend so much more time looking things up in the library that I'm never going to actually use than I do in the actual writing of the paper. ah well, any good post-secondary student is intimately familiar with these situations.

well...ya, the problem just got bigger, I have a midterm in T-minus 2 hours, 47 minutes, this 20 page paper that I haven't really done anything for due tomorrow (but do I ever have one hell of a source list, I tell ya), and now I've just found out my lab report for human osteology is due friday, bumped up from sunday. gee. thanx professor katz.

but is it just me, or does everyone else seem to know what's going on around here while I missed that memo? this is my 4th year here and I still haven't a clue what it is I'm supposed to be doing.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:21 PM   #16
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

I found I always behaved this way as well. I still do, erm... or I would. I found a cure -- I became a lawyer. Now, I'm ALWAYS pushing the last-minute freak-out envelope.