Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2011, 01:56 PM   #11
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Default Re: Eragon

SW: I actually agree with some of the statements - RAS do have a tendency to go overboard in fighting scenes ( I like Clerics Quintet, The crimson shadow and demon wars alot better than Drizzt ).
Jordan is PUUUURE ZZzzzzz....
Ed Greenwood is okay in my opinion...
Eddings is a god in fantasy - to take back books to the library after one day is a crime mate hehe....
Knaaks work in WoW novels are SUPERB - some of the best I've read

Wolfrider: I like the concept of the Kakari...
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:31 PM   #12
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Rider2 View Post
Sparhawk - I agree with you on the Night Angel trilogy. Grittiest set of books I've read in a while. Rereading them at the moment.

T-D-C - I read Battleaxe and liked it, I take it the other two were good as well?
Yep they were awesome as well.

There are another 6 or so books set after that story in the same world that link in all the characters.

Would really recommend to read the rest.

The series can be found on this link

http://www.saradouglass.com/overview.html
Old 06-11-2011, 04:54 AM   #13
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

T-D-C - thanks for the link it was very useful

Sparhawk - I like the Kakari that thinks alcohol is a poison and allows the owner to drink EVERYBODY under the table, hehe.
Wolf Rider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 04:21 AM   #14
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Mwahahahahahaha that must be the dirty brown kakari Wolf!!!
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote