Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-29-2001, 03:25 AM   #1
diesel44
Dungeon Master

I just beat the game for the first time and I have a couple of questions. I did not play Baldurs Gate I.

Is there any way to explore after you have beaten the game?

How does importing/exporting a character work? Since you cannot save after beating the game, I assume the attributes that you get in the Hell portion (from the tears) would have no way of being exported.

Thanks
Old 05-29-2001, 04:15 AM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by diesel44:
I just beat the game for the first time and I have a couple of questions. I did not play Baldurs Gate I.

Is there any way to explore after you have beaten the game?

How does importing/exporting a character work? Since you cannot save after beating the game, I assume the attributes that you get in the Hell portion (from the tears) would have no way of being exported.

Thanks
SPOILER:
>
>
>
>
>
>
Nope, you cannot explore after you have beaten the original BG2 (yet), until the expansion comes out.....
As for import/export character, after you put in all 5 tears and receive the bonuses from them, before or during you have your final battle, you can always access character info screen to export your character (by clicking the export button and save it as a file). The game won't allow you to save game during battles but it will allow you to export characters anytime you can access the character info screen. In addition, everytime you finish the game there will be an automatic character save that is named CHAR1 (or something like that), I am not sure if the bonuses from the tears are included since I always use my own saves. When you start a future game, you can import the character during the character creation screen. If you want to use the equipment you have from the previous, assuming you are starting a new game, hit pause while the screen is still dark (i.e. before Jon walks in to give a the opening speech) and access inventory screen. From there you can drop all your valuables on the ground, return to game screen (which should still be all dark except for the side bars) and unpause. The import/export can be done during different part of the game if you are playing multi-player.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-29-2001, 04:54 AM   #3
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

You wont be able to explore the world in the expansion either since it plays in Tethyr and not in Amn.

------------------

Those who watch their backs meet death from the front
OHF