Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 09-18-2005, 10:00 PM   #1
Khayne
Dungeon Master

Hi
I did the quest for Coran and returned to complete it, but my journal never said that I completed it so he still says I have to do his quest.
My question is this is there a fix for this or a way to edit or anything to fix this?
Oh and second what do I do with certain items since a certain somebody left a certain Tavern?( She gave me a certain reward and left )

[ 09-18-2005, 10:55 PM: Message edited by: Khayne ]
Khayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 12:43 PM   #2
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Coran quest is broken as far a XP is concerned, but you do get the money if you visit Keldath(and have a wyvern head).

If you are talking about officer Vai and her buying of scalps, then you are just out of luck. Although other people also buy the scalps, but for not as much money.

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 01:35 PM   #3
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Coran will keep mentioning his quest long after you've completed it, but he'll never leave the party because of it. Just a minor bug that BioWare never got around to patching. Ignore it.

Officer Vai actually says that she'll pay double what the scalps are worth (apparently, the market price on Bandit Scalps is well-established), so don't feel ripped off when she won't buy them any more. There's at least one other place in town where you can sell them.
Old 09-19-2005, 02:02 PM   #4
Khayne
Dungeon Master

Thanks ElfBane and SixOfSpades.

Since Officer Vai left the tavern where do I sell the wyvern heads? Why did she leave?
Old 09-19-2005, 02:37 PM   #5
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Officer Vai:
_before finishing bandit camp she will always be there.
_after finishing bandit camp but before finishing Cloakwood mines (this is the strange part): she will be there normally should you talk to her with scalps in your possession. But if at this time you talk to here without scalps in your possession, she will thank you and leave forever.
_after finishing cloakwood mine she will thank you and leave forever (no matter whether you have any scalps or not).

I'm not sure if you can sell wyvern heads anywhere, but if you mean bandit scalps, you can sell them to some merchants... can't remember exactly who but you can try Feldepost's.

[ 09-19-2005, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: ZFR ]
Old 09-19-2005, 03:40 PM   #6
ister
Drow Warrior

I'm pretty sure you can't sell them at Feldeposts. Can't you sell tham at the smithy? Or is it the Friendly Arm?
\" Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.\"<br />JFK
ister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 04:16 PM   #7
Legolas
Jack Burton

The wyvern heads go to the mayor in the temple east of Beregost, I believe.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 07:37 PM   #8
Khayne
Dungeon Master

The Mayor only bought 1 I have 5 left.(waylayed 2 times)
Old 09-20-2005, 04:03 AM   #9
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Feldepost buys them I think. Have all the heads in one persons possession when you talk to Feldy, for the best price.

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 06:46 PM   #10
Betelgeuse
Zhentarim Guard

i have coran say from time to time that he's got better things to do like slaying wyverns but that could just be his default bored speech. he hasn't threatened to leave, even after meeting his ex wife.
i had a similar thing with minsc. i got to the gnoll stronghold and as soon as i appeared on the map, dynaheir was listed as part of my party, even though she was still in her hole halfway across the map. then later after i had rescued her, minsc got cranky saying i was taking too long to rescue her then attacked me. so i had to kill him.