Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-18-2001, 08:39 PM   #1
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

im gonna lash out my opinion here about this forum.

the forum at first seemed like this happy place where people gather and stuff. it is, but i see it this time differently...

this forum is a prison, we are the prisoners and ziroc, the jailwarden... or we could say a mental institution for we enter here voluntarily right? anyway, regarding this case, here why i see it like this.

firstly, we are linked here, always. we are locked up so to speak, we could never part with the forum willingly which makes us prisoners. we want to, but cant...

we gather here to share our problems, be enlightened, and then look at the bright horizon that awaits. while we are in this prison we share this... and then, when the time comes on where we fully understand our life and stuff, we leave this forum, we set free ourselves in that order, and we need the forum no more.

the company of this forum makes it special... the only thing i can really think of is that we people here, have our own hindrances and stuff that we go here in this forum. and when we feel that this forum has filled in this gap, we leave.

take armi for example. we practically helped him in his marriage thing, and after that, work, it seemed that his life already had a direction (not that im saying it doesnt have any )...

it may seem far fetched but i know my point. we all go here to this forum coz we need it... we may even deny it, but for me, i need it myself. we make ourselves prisoners for life for our friends here...

the scary thing now is, we will all start to disappear... slowly and painfully, and then the new generation of problematic people will be ushered in...

you cant deny this, we will overgrow this forum someday, if not the near future...

------------------

I...AM...BAHAMUT
Old 03-18-2001, 08:55 PM   #2
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

Bahamut, perhaps your right but I do not see it as a prison. A gathering point, a bastion of existence, a social nexus if you will, a place where ideals are shared, help exchanged, friends made, lived enriched for the lonely, the needy, the willing, the searchers and dreamers, we come in seek of answers to questions unknown and only leave once this desire is filled, perhaps the outside will provided it to us, or a kindred sprite in this digital wonderland.

Ok I probable just cover everything you said again and provided no answers but I was on a roll, sorry.

------------------

In memory of a Friend.
Old 03-18-2001, 09:01 PM   #3
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

well, you could say that too, i just watched this play that really made me sad.

its about four or five death convicts, and they were having the time of their lives... joy laughter, no worries, and then one by one they vanish coz its.. well their time... until no one was there in that cell anymore, or one will be left, knowing all of his friends died coz of death penalty; and there is no one to comfort him... no one...

------------------

I...AM...BAHAMUT...AND IT IS YOU PEOPLE...I FEAR
Old 03-18-2001, 09:02 PM   #4
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Interesting thought Bahamut! And very well put Gabriel. However, I just see this as a fun place to hang out with some fascinating people. I only come on here when I'm home, and have nothing else to do. It's either come here to see you all, or play BG2 or IwD or read or browse the internet. All of those are fun things I do with my time.

I do try to offer support where it's needed, and hope there are some real friendships growing, but I don't feel "imprisoned" here. It's my choice to be here, or not. (isn't that what all addicts say?? I can quit... sure I can.. anytime... )

------------------

Take risks: If you win, you will be happy; if you lose, you will be wise. (new member of TLH)
Old 03-18-2001, 09:09 PM   #5
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Bahamut - I do see what you are saying (Wow your intelligence just hit me like a ton of bricks!) But, I must give an opinion to the other side of your argument. Yes, there are those that do leave the board, but many of those return after time. I think the newcomers are actually something that will inevitably keep many of us returning to this board. What is the actual definition of friends? In this high tech world we now live in, we can communicate with so many people that we would never have met before years ago. Times change, and people adapt. There WILL be times for all of us when things happen within our lives wherein we need to temporarily break free of this board, or visit less frequently, but I would like to think that as time passes we will all eventually meet up again. There are quite a few of us here that have been communicating for several months now. I do not see an end to this myself. I do not see this board as a crutch, I see it as a place wherein honest friendships are made.

------------------
Old 03-18-2001, 09:19 PM   #6
Charean
Hathor

Perhaps a prison - but only you have the key.

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Goodness knows there is a lot of Dark out there!! - Where are my matches?
Wandering Joke of the Laughing Hyenas
Old 03-18-2001, 09:25 PM   #7
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

yes charean... it looks like that. we all get caught again, battered up and stuff, and go back to prison.

------------------

I...AM...BAHAMUT...AND IT IS YOU PEOPLE...I FEAR