Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2001, 08:34 PM   #1
Gwayne
Zhentarim Guard

And wasn't he the only one that could wield the enchanted weapon?
as I recal didn't it have his name inscribed on the black obsidian
blade?? Just wondered if anyone knows the statistics on Elric?

------------------

Walk lightly my friend.
Old 06-02-2001, 12:35 AM   #2
Erekose
The Magister

Elric's stats are listed in a new chaosium D20 manual. And others could use stormbringer given the right circumstances.

------------------
THE RUNES ON THE SWORD ARE THE WORMS THAT ARE WISE
THE NAME OF THE SWORD IS THE SAME AS THE SCYTHE
Old 06-02-2001, 03:13 AM   #3
arion windrider
Red Wizard of Thay

true others could use stormbringer, but why would stormbringer leave elric when the sword is having so much fun... i just found out the other twin life stealer sword was, it was mournblade... elric would be unstoppable if he had both blades

------------------
Swordmaster to the King of Riva.. ALL HAIL TO BELGARION KING OF RIVA
Old 06-02-2001, 11:35 PM   #4
IgnisFatuus

Read the "Eternal Champion" series by Michael Moorcock, where Elric and the swords are taken from.

Anyone (under certain limitations.. mostly mental I think) should be able to wield them, if I remember correctly. Stormbringer and Mournblade are just two of an entire race of demons. They were trapped into the forms of swords. (I forget the details, but it's a great series... a must read... it's been about 15 years sicne I read them... I should again soon.)

Elric ended up with Stormbringer while his cousin Yrkoon (sp?) had Mournblade.

Elric was just one reflection of the Eternal Champion who existed on all planes of existance. Other mini-series within the greater "Eternal Champion" series are about the different heroes. They usually had some kind of unique arm or armor, or some other way in which they were both blessed and cursed.