Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-29-2001, 01:05 AM   #1
Desuma_Malevois

SPOILER
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
OK, so I finished the Trademeet quests with Cernd in my party. I've done this quest in other games and usually at this point I drop "Nature Boy" and pick up whoever I left at the inn, but THIS time I didn't have anyone waiting, so I figured I'd take him back to Athkatla & do his child quest. We ultimately ended up in Deril's estate where we threatened Deril and his lich and got the child back. He promised that this was not over.

I have since heard that Deril and the lich later appear and attack you. I don't usually have problems with liches, but that is because I know where they are and can prepare in advance for them. So can anyone confirm that Deril and his lich will appear and how long it will take? I've since completed the d'Arnise Hold and the Unseeing Eye quests and am still in Chapter 2.

Anyone care to offer suggestions on how to take out the two when you can't prepare for them? My party currently consists of:

Corwyn (protagonist) - Berserker (lvl. 9) dualed to Thief (lvl. 12),
Caitlin (another of mine) - Skald (lvl. 13),
Nalia - Thief (lvl. 4) & Wizard (lvl. 11),
Anomen - Fighter (lvl. 7) & Cleric (lvl. 10),
Jan - Illusionist (lvl. 10)/Thief (lvl. 11),
Jaheira - Fighter (lvl. 9)/Druid (lvl. 12).

Lest this devolve into another "Get Minsc, he rules! No, get Viconia, she's sooooo sexy!" kind of discussion, let me that this is the group I intend to take into Spellhold with me.

TIA,
Mike

Old 05-29-2001, 02:53 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I never kept Cernd in my group, so I can't tell you I'm afraid! Maybe someone else can help you.

------------------
Old 05-29-2001, 02:59 AM   #3
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

SPOILER:
>
>
>
>
>
I had two games which Cernd stayed in my party long enough to do his NPC quest, one of them I chose the option for Cernd to challenge (with my party backing him, of course) Deril in the Deril Estate during the dialogue after Deril killed his golem. Once Deril died, the lich said something like he was weak and decides to leave (and leave my party in peace).
The other game I had with Cernd I chose the option you did, but Cernd was never in the party long enough for me to witness anything else.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-29-2001, 03:41 AM   #4
Desuma_Malevois

Thanks, Accord! So the implication is that if I don't pick up Cernd again I won't have to worry about it, right? Y'know, I even went ahead and paid the Cowled Wizards' 5000 gp fee, just in case we had a spellcasting brawl in the streets, and that's something I've never bothered with before.

[This message has been edited by Desuma_Malevois (edited 05-29-2001).]

Old 05-29-2001, 04:19 AM   #5
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by Desuma_Malevois:
Thanks, Accord! So the implication is that if I don't pick up Cernd again I won't have to worry about it, right? Y'know, I even went ahead and paid the Cowled Wizards' 5000 gp fee, just in case we had a spellcasting brawl in the streets, and that's something I've never bothered with before.

[This message has been edited by Desuma_Malevois (edited 05-29-2001).]
No problem. And yes, without Cernd there should be no reason for Deril to reappear in your game.
...personally, I find it to be more fun and enjoyable to slaughter the Cowled Wizards (eventually, they will run out), they usually have pretty high level spell scrolls on them.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-29-2001, 08:07 AM   #6
Desuma_Malevois

That's true, but my reasoning in this situation was that I didn't want to have to take on both Deril et. al. and the cowled ones at the same time. Oh well!

Old 05-29-2001, 08:11 AM   #7
Lord Shield

Odd. When I did that quest the lich did NOT interfere. Try not to hit him with area effect spells targetted at Deril. The lich watches. When you pulp Deril he wanders off

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp