Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 12-03-2000, 11:23 AM   #11
Davros
Takhisis Follower

The boogre caverns was the only place I never tried to cast portal. Typically I cast one close to the start of a dungeon, so I can have a quick out if I want one. I knew in the boogre caves I was in until I unboogred so I never bothered.

Your situation, you have unboogred (right?) so it won't be the usual boogre spell failure problem. When you cast create portal, and control click on the caster - do you get a blaze of light like the spitrit eye spell, and does it say portal created in you message box? If so, then teleporting from a different location should take you straight back here. It will be a puzzler if it doesn't, because I have had zero failures with this. Will wait for your reply.
Old 12-03-2000, 11:32 AM   #12
Drukus

Are you trying to cast the speel on a character? cause thats the only way it will work! You probably are though! just thought it might help.

Old 12-03-2000, 09:06 PM   #13
Mammawlin

Oh Man Guys!!!! That's it, I haven't been casting on the character! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Gotta go now, gotta try it - first chance I've had since this morning to play. Later,

Mammawlin

Old 12-04-2000, 01:30 PM   #14
Lily the Ranger

Oh, this is such a good thread . . . haven't really looked over the manual *hangs head in shame* so didn't know about this spell. You can bet I'll be upping some character's moon magic. And this explains my problem with some spells; that they need to be cast on someone (seems like a lot of them need to be cast on the caster). Ironically, I can't seem to break the child proof seal on the mana potions and must ask one of the other character to do it for me and then pour it down my gullet. Question: doshi gin was 2 headed cyclops? When you say his "lair" is this the entrance to another dungeon. I had missed so much at the boogre's that I simply went back to my start of the dungeon save and did the whole place over again . . . it was about 1 a.m. when I came outo the other side and was also night in game. Was continually attacked by engaged, i mean enraged, boogres. Was so happy to kill cyclops grabbed lamp and ran home to cash in. DID I MISS A DUNGEON ENTRANCE???

Old 12-04-2000, 05:04 PM   #15
Davros
Takhisis Follower

No Lil, I tink youse dun its all.
Old 12-04-2000, 05:25 PM   #16
Mammawlin

Lily, While I was standing outside of Ishad N'ha, I got a bug - I didn't have my speakers on, cause Hubby was sleeping, and in the text talking line I saw: "I'm Doshi Gin and you are in my lair". So that is why I called it his lair. I think he just meant his "block", "territory", "hood", because I never did find another cave out in back of the boogre caves. But in any case, I'm glad you are enjoying this thread!

God speed!

P.S. For everyone, my portal spell works great! I love it!!!!

Old 12-05-2000, 05:12 AM   #17
carg
The Magister

An easy guideline: all spells with names in red (in the weapon/spell/item selection box) must be targeted on an enemy, all spells in blue must be targeted on a character.
Old 12-05-2000, 01:31 PM   #18
Lily the Ranger

Thank you, CARG! I hadn't noticed that connection to the colors! Well, thanks all, for telling me I don't have to revisit boogreville. I am BACK at the Mines trying to find Raskalion . . . and discovering I missed a bit. Can't wait to have this spell.