Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 03-31-2011, 10:01 AM   #1
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Default Starting Morrowind again.... Again.

Just reinstalled Morrowind with Tribunal; never got around to picking up Bloodmoon. I'm just wondering if there's some wonderful all in one bug fix pack that lets me pick and choose what I want to take effect, much like the fixpacks for the Baldur's Gate games and Torment?

Also, are there any good mods you can recommend.
So far on Planet Elderscrolls, I'm looking at-

Official Mods:
- Adamantium Armor Page here
- Area Effect Arrows Page here
- Master Index Page here
- Bittercoast Sounds, Page here though I remember getting some kind of better sound overhaul type mod that I used last time, really boosted the atmosphere of the whole game instead of just the bittercoast swamps. So if I can find that I'll use that instead.

Unofficial Mods:
- Ald-ruhn Home, Page here adds home in Ald-ruhn with all the ammenities, though I may forgo this for the Great house homes. (I don't see the need for two homes, and I rather like the seclusion)
- At Home Alchemy, Page here allows you to use your alchemy kit without having to pick it up and having to rearrange it every time.
- Better Books for Morrowind, Page here Supposed to give books a better look.
- Better Land & Sea Vision, Page here can either eliminate the fog entirely, or augment it's color to flow with the ambience.
- Either Clear Glass, or Glass Glow Set respectivley, Page here, or Page here the clear glass, makes glass armaments more glass-like, the other gives the glass a glowing appearance.
- Dark Brotherhood armor upgrade, Page here adds an npc that will upgrade dark brotherhood armor by 25%
- Ebony Armor Fixes, Page here adjusts the tone of ebony armor pieces so they all match, and adds texture to the groin piece.
- Ingredient Retexture, Page here makes ingredients pretty
- Scroll Upgrade, Page here alters scroll appearence, making more valuable scrolls look more expensive.
- Sgaileach's Illustrated book of alchemy, Page here Adds a decorated alchemy book to Balmora Mages guild, not sure if it would conflict with the Betterbooks mod.
- Sladle's Birthsign Tweaks, Page here slightly alters some of the birth signs to make them more useful.

I'm also looking for the noglow mod and an improved arrow recovery mod. Any other suggestions are welcome as well. Thanks in advance.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:20 PM   #2
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Default Re: Starting Morrowind again.... Again.

Ok, so far I've downloaded the following Mods/patchs:
-Tribunal patch 1.4.1313
-unofficial patch 2.2b by Thepal
-Morrowind Code Patch 19510-1-9
Of the two unofficial patches I'll only use one, both do similar things, but I'd like some input on which might be better. Or less prone to issues.

-Better Bodies 2.2
-newbeastbodeis3.3 clean edition
-unique shadow pack 2.0
-better head 1.1
-better clothes
-More better clothes
-MBC fixpack (just incase)
-BB slave bracer (also just incase)
-Wilderness sounds 3.0 by Puma man (or was it Mr. Puma?)
-official adamantium armor mod
-official area effect arrows
-offical master index
-improved magic sounds
-keynamer (I don't recall if keyrings exist in Morrowind, and if they don't this'll be a good thing to have)
-excuseme Mr. Nerevarine (to change up the greetings after that certain part of the game.
-Tough Skeleton Key, gives the skeleton key 1million uses, I figure if it's gonna be a mega lockpick why let it be so limited in uses.
-LadyD's Reduced Commentary, so I have to get closer to people before they start hollering at me. (not sure if this is fixed in one of the unoffical fixpacks, so it may or may not be applied)
-Khajiit Eye of Night toggle (turn on/off eye of night as constant effect)
-Argonian Waterbreathing Toggle (see above)
-I forget the name but it adds a road from Hla Oad to Odai Plateau
-Improved No Glow, removes the hyper gloss from enchanted items but leaves detect spells unaffected
-richscamp because someone has to have millions of coins to by my junk
-glass arrow fix, making steel arrows heavier than glass (cuz it makes sense)
-Bigger Old Bluefin, I was really curious how much bigger he's gonna be.
-100% projectile storage, guarenteed retrieval of non-enchanted munitions lodged in deceased enemies. (I'd have gone for a lower percentage retrieval rate for more realism, but no one's made one)

Stuff I'm looking at but haven't downloaded yet
(see my original post)
-At Home Alchemy
-Better Books for morrowind
-Better Land and Sea vision
-Ebony Armor fixes
-Scroll Upgrade
-Sgaileach's Illustrated Alchemy Book
-Sladle's Birthsign Tweaks
-Animal Realism
-Ascended Sleeper Sound Effects
-Andy's texture alternative pack
-Crystal Glow fix
-Hospitality papers
-landscape remix
-no more annoyances

A few of them are duplicates, so I'm trying to decided between two. Others may be redundant with the fixpacks, I'm not sure about them just yet.
As before all input is appreciated. Pretty much everything had at least an 8 on planet Elder Scrolls.

And I'm not sure if the texture packs are just resources for modders or something that can actually be applied to the game environment by someone with no modding experience. Thanks for any help.

Old 04-01-2011, 11:32 AM   #3
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Began installing the official stuff, installed Morrowind, then tribunal, then the tribunal patch. v. 1.4.1313
After that I installed Area effect arrows
When I tried to start up Morrowind after that, I got a message saying one or more of my plugins might not run properly because something was missing. Is there a more up to date patch? or is something missing from my area effect arrows install? The arrows itself only came with the .esp file and a readme.

I don't recall ever having this issue before.

Ok, strike that, it seems to be happening with anything I add to the game. I tried with other official mods, but when I start vanilla, it has no issues.
I'm thoroughly confused, and irritated.

Last edited by Firestormalpha; 04-01-2011 at 11:40 AM.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:00 PM   #4
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

I remember something about this. It seems that you will get this error/caution with unofficial mods, but you can just continue past the alert and play (and the mods will work, too).

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:13 PM   #5
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

yeah, except the mods giving me issues are the official ones. I redownloaded them from the official bethsoft page this time, instead of from fileplanet. Already seeing a difference in DL size, so maybe....

Update: As I thought, the downloads from the official site worked with no issues. Found something called the Morrowind Patch Project, I was going to install it, but it turns out it requires both Tribunal and Bloodmoon. I only have Tribunal. Does anyone know of a comprehensive fixpack that only needs Tribunal?
I have the unofficial patch v. 2.2 by Thepal which only needs Morrowind
and the Morrowind Code Patch which seems to do the same things as Thepal's patch. Still not sure which one to use, but if there's a good one that works with just the Tribunal expansion I'd probably go with that instead.

Has anyone seen anything like that?

Last edited by Firestormalpha; 04-01-2011 at 02:33 PM.
Old 04-02-2011, 02:10 AM   #6
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Ok, so far, installed with no problems are:
-Morrowind
-Tribunal
-Tribunal patch v1.4.1313 (the last released patch I'm 99.9% certain)
-Area Effect Arrows
-Master Index
-Adamantium Armor
-Ebonhart Helm
-Siege at Firemoth (never used this one before so I figured why not, it could suck for all I know but it's free)
-100% projectile storage
-Unofficial Morrowind patch 1.22 by Thepal
I was able to start up Morrowind after each of those with absolutely no error messages, so I'm guessing they're good to go.

The problem (potential anyway) arose when I tried to install the 'Animal Behaviour' mod. It's supposed to make all non-diseased animals less inclined to throw themselves at you. When I try to start up Morrowind, I get a message to the effect of not being able to find the correct version of one of the Master Files. The Mod calls for MORROWIND.ESM, My installation has Morrowind.esm. Should I look for a different mod that performs the same overall function, is there a way to alter the name of the master file in the mod so it is no longer all caps, or is the error message nothing to worry about and the mod will work just fine?

I suppose it's easy enough to test. Run it, ignore the error message, get through character creation as fast as I can and run straight for the nearest group of mudcrabs, but I thought I'd ask first.

As always thanks for any feedback. Goodnight/morning.

update:
Ok, swam right up to a slaughterfish and a perch, both were content to ignore me. Did the same with two mudcrabs with the same results. It seems to work at the moment.

Last edited by Firestormalpha; 04-02-2011 at 02:38 AM.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:54 PM   #7
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Almost done with plugins and testing them. So far nothing sparking error messages. A lot of Z-fighting though, I'm almost tempted to try reinstalling my old video card, except last time it just up and decided not to work on me one day. Still not sure if it was the card itself or a corruption of the drivers.
At anyrate, the only error messages I've gotten are the ones I expect (the ones that show with mods calling for master files in ALLCAPS.ESM

Old 04-02-2011, 07:44 PM   #8
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Ok, I'm confused about how to install the Better Land and Sea Vision mod. mod here

It comes with some screenshots of the effects. A readme which doesn't really tell me how to do anything. a Morrowind.ini file. And a folder full of .mit files.

So, can anyone tell me what it is I'm supposed to do with this?
Or should I just browse through the .ini file for the water and weather settings and copy them over manually?

Last edited by Firestormalpha; 04-02-2011 at 07:55 PM.
Old 04-03-2011, 12:00 AM   #9
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

At last, finished installing. At least for now, everything works.

List of what's installed:
-Morrowind (duh)
-Tribunal
-Tribunal Patch
-Unofficial Morrowind patch (v1.22 because after that all subsequent unnofficial patches require both tribunal and bloodmoon)
-100% projectile storage
-Ascended Sleeper SFX fix
-Better Bodies Lugrub Axe fix
-Bigger Old Blue Fin
-Better Land and Sea Vision (found a mod that came with the MiNi.exe program mentioned in the readme)
-Book Rotator
-Clear Glass Equipment
-Ebony Armor fixer
-Excuse Me Mr Nerevarine reducer
-Gondola fix (I don't have bloodmoon, so I need this.)
-Hospitality Papers (enforces the rules at Sadrith Mora)
-Improved NoGlow mod (no more plastic weapons, but detect spells work fine)
-Scroll upgrade pack (makes pretty scrolls)
-Key namer (gives more specific names to keys)
-Reduced Commentary Mod (I have to get closer for people to talk to me)
-MCR's Little Details mod. (a handful of minor geographical fixes and additions)
-Odai Cascade (a picturesque waterfall visible from Odai Plateau)
-Pickpocket fix (minor adjustment to how pickpocket success is calculated)
-Rich scamp (I think most of us know this one)
-Upgradeable Dark Brotherhood armor mod
-At Home alchemy, so I don't have to put my alchemy set back in order ever again.
-Hla Oad Fortress Road (a nice road up to Odai Plateau)
-Tough Skeleton Key (1m uses on the Skeleton key, and if I'm gonna take over the theives guild I want an uber-pick that's gonna last)
-Adamantium Armor
-Animal Realism (no undiseased critters attacking just cuz I happen to be in the neighborhood)
-Area Effect Arrows
-Argonian water breathing toggle
-Better Bodies - clothed
-Better heads (still having z-fighting issues with the hair on this one, not sure if it's the lack of graphics card or what?)
-betterbooks (pretty books)
-Birthsign Tweaks (minor adjustments to the more useless birthsigns)
-ebartifact (helm of Tohan)
-firemoth (The siege at Firemoth which may or may not suck)
-Khajiit Eye of Night Toggle
-Landscape remix (supposedly changes up landscape textures, but I've not noticed anything phenomenal yet)
-Magic sounds replacer
-Master Index
-Morrowind Clothes (better bodies versions of Morrowind garments)
-New Beast Bodies (better bodies for beasts)
-Wilderness sounds 3.0
-Ingredient Retexture (still not seeing any changes from this)

The issues I'm seeing are some z-fighting, a lot in the doorways, and especially with the better heads hair. I'm not sure if I just need a graphics card, or what to fix that.
And the Ingredient retexture, isn't having any effect. It was basically a zip folder with a readme file and a bunch of textures. The readme said dump it all in the textures folder. So I did. Nothing happened that I can see.

Old 04-28-2011, 05:40 PM   #10
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Ok, finally got bloodmoon. Used Unofficial Morrowind Patch a.k.a. Morrowind Patch Project. Does many things very well. Thing is, Morrowind Code Patch does some things that UMP just doesn't do. For one thing, it enables sneak as a toggle instead of having to hold it down. For an assassin or thief character that's a really nice thing. I found a standalone mod by Yacoby that does the same thing, but it requires that I install MGE and some sites say also MWSE. I don't want to have to install those for a single mod.

If, I were to run MCP, on top of UMP, and install only the functions that UMP doesn't cover would there be any likely conflicts?

UPDATE: heh, just noticed on the website that MCP was designed to address issues that UMP couldn't. So, no conflicts.

Last edited by Firestormalpha; 04-28-2011 at 10:21 PM.