Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-29-2002, 12:12 AM   #31
LennonCook
Jack Burton

I only have 4 cats and a dog...
Cats are Syble (16(atleast), Siamese Brittish Seal Point- very pushy..), Kitty (9(i think [img]tongue.gif[/img] ), Siamese Lilic Point, Very high pitched voice for a siamese), Hucky (15, Ginger, Quite Big...his real name is Huckstable, but he doesnt know that ), and Minty (1 and a very small bit, Not sure about the breed- shes pure white, deaf and very very loud and naughty)
The Dog is Dale, about 6 or 7 I think, German Shepheard, very very placid- never even growled at anyone in his life, not even while hes eating!!
Old 04-29-2002, 12:36 AM   #32
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Taliesin:
quote:
Originally posted by Grand-Ranger:
We have quite a few pets. 2 cats, they stay outside most of the time and rarley respond to any given name.
I wasn't aware that cats ever responded to their names. I though they only responded to a can opener!

We have one dog and a two fish. Our dog is named Lady. She is a 9 year old Chocolate Lab. she spent the winter living in the house with us. She's outside now that spring is here. Up until a month ago we had two dogs. I had to put my male Lab/mix down last month, because of a brian lesion. It was pretty tough. Had him about 11 years.

Been thinking about getting another one, but I'm not sure if Lady can handle a pup. I want either a Bluetick Hound (my neighbors will love that!) or a Corgi. I'm leaning toward the hound. My wife doesn't want another house dog. My daughter would love one!
[/QUOTE]We had a Bluetick Hound once, boy he was alot of trouble. He sure was fun though. 90% of the time he had his noise to the ground sniffing somthing, the other 10% he was chasing that somthing witch was usally the cats,hehe.
Old 04-29-2002, 02:02 AM   #33
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Barb:
Are'nt they cute! I have a dog called Dilly, shes a golden Labrador and shes currently outside barking at the cows, who are paying no attention to her! Once we went for a walk and she barked at some cows and started chasing them but the turned round and chased her! It was so funny!

Does anyone else have any pets?
Your dog sounds much more intelligent than mine.... mine is a Rhodesian Ridgeback... called Reg ... anyway he is as thick as a post, he runs up to the horses barks at them and then when they run AWAY he gets scared and runs away to... and then he comes and sits on someones feet.... and since he weighs about 80kgs and is about half my height it is quite annoying [img]tongue.gif[/img] .... other from reg we have 2 cats(Not including all the ferals that pop in for food on occasions) 7 horses (at the moment.. .could change anytime [img]tongue.gif[/img] Just sold one and got two more to work on [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) 3 fishes and this horrible animal called an older sister [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] .. we dont have any sheep or cattle at the moment... we sold all them [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-30-2002, 01:01 AM   #34
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
Moni, your site is a beautiful thing. Every week I look in the classifieds and see columns and columns of dogs and cats being given away because their owners don't love them, can't be bothered to look after them, or picked the wrong pet for their circumstances. The saddest ones are when they give away kittens or puppies - and they give away the mother too - if they'd had her desexed in the first place they wouldn't have unwanted babies . I wish more people were as caring and proactive as you [img]smile.gif[/img] *hugs*

And E.V. is absolutely gorgeous [img]smile.gif[/img]
Thank you SO much!
*HUGS*
I wish people were more proactive to!
I tried to get the local media's attention and got completely shunned.
The one news station that even does an animal adoption promo (5 minutes at 5:30 a.m. once a week) believes they are doing more than their part for this community. (hurl!)

E.V. is all grown up now...he just turned a year old this month. [img]smile.gif[/img]
He is one beautiful cat! Very needy though...he was tossed at way too young an age and was never properly weaned so he still looks for places to suckle and knead (ew I hate that lol) and he must have really lacked a mother's love because if you touch him (even accidentally!) you have to keep him for a while! [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]
They are all psycho in their own special ways [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I'll get the pic up ASAP, its really good!

[ 05-01-2002, 01:50 AM: Message edited by: Moni ]

Old 05-01-2002, 10:31 AM   #35
Barb
Symbol of Cyric

bump
Old 05-01-2002, 10:56 AM   #36
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

OK then, back home resides the unluckiest/stupidest dog in the world. A whippet called Harry. He has twice run in front of cars, once been attacked by an alsation, and most recently has impaled himself on an exposed piece of steel reinforcing for a concrete block whilst chasing rabbits. He required surgery after each of these mishaps, 3 of them were pretty touch and go. The poor old sod just keeps going back for more.

We also have a half persian cat called Scampi, who I am sure is the root of all that is evil in the world. The dog quite definately knows who is boss, if he tries anything - he ends up bleeding.
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 05-01-2002, 08:35 PM   #37
Moni

I finally got into aol's homepage program to update my page! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
I need to resize pics of the other animals before they'll all fit but I got EV's new pic up!!
[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]
Click on the link in my sig and check him out now that he is all grown up!

Old 05-01-2002, 09:06 PM   #38
Iluvatar Oakenshield
Manshoon

Well, we have a four and a half year old dog, her name is Wardy and she's a boxer.
Today I was playing with her and her toy bunny and I accendentilly threw it upon the roof of our house. She was standing there looking up for minutes thinking: "Hmmm I saw my bunny fly up there now why doesn't it fly down?" Then she turned to me with with this half-angered, half-saddened facial expression, asking me if I could bring her bunny back. Well lemme tell ya I'm totally afraid of heights, but I did manage to climb up there (all the way thinking I am gonna fall down and die )and returned the blasted bunny. I'm thinking; she will be totally wild when she gets it, but NOOO, It had been laying in a puddle and when I gave it to her, she looked at it once, turned to me *saying*: "It's dirty and wet you don't really think I want to play with that right!?. Lousy ungrateful piece of fur! Do love her very much though [img]smile.gif[/img]
"Wherever she dwells I will bid a farewell sigh For she dwells with beauty - beauty that must die And deep inside me I will wait for her return To her enchanting, awe-inspiring flame I'll yearn O lust and rueful thought be mine, My soul enhanced, desires... Melancholy. My heart is thine."

Schwadorf, Empyrium '97
Old 05-04-2002, 11:51 AM   #39
Moni

Iluvatar Oakenshield,
[img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]
Funny story!
Sugar doesn't want to play with anything unless Hercules wants to play with it. We got them "Tug 'O War" toys but that doesn't last very long...she wants whatever he is interested in all to herself.
Selfish thing that she is.

Old 05-04-2002, 12:19 PM   #40
Krishach
Drow Warrior

Wow Moni, that's awesome. We always get our pets spayed/neutered. When we lived in our old house in the woods with ten acres of land, we had about 8 cats and 6 dogs, all strays except for my pretty Precious cat which we got from my uncle who used to breed them. So, I know what it's like, though, now that we live in the suburbs, we only have our two pets.

- Dogs:
Ginger, a mutt, my mom accidently ran over cause it was sleeping under her car. Patches, Gingers brother, just got old, and I think it missed Ginger, and we had to put it to sleep. Devlin, I'm not quite sure what kind of dog it was, got hit by a truck, it was so young and one of the coolest dogs. We gave Sprocket, a black yipper dog to one of my uncles. We gave Brandi, a german sheperd, to a lady that bred and trained sheperds. And we still have Maxie, which I mentioned in an earlier post.

- Cats:
Little Bits still lives out in the woods, we never really did get to get near her much, but we always left food for her. Snowy, one of Little Bits' kittens still lives with her. Mokey, another of her kittens, we believe got carried off by a hawk because it was small. Winkey eventually got old and died. Snowball, not related to Snowy, used to kill small snakes all the time, he eventually got old and died. Nosey still lives in the woods, though you could pet her and stuff. Buddy still lives in the woods with my brother. And of course, we still have my Precious.

Note, the animals that still live in the woods, we didn't abandon them, my brother and the people that rent our house take care of them. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[EDIT] - Psst, Ziroc, if I scan a picture of Precious and Maxie, think you could host it for me? After seeing Precious, I'm sure you'd love to!

[ 05-04-2002, 12:21 PM: Message edited by: Krishach ]