Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2009, 02:46 AM   #11
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Default Re: Rogue DPS, getting ready for Naxx

So how goes it Zink? Enjoying Naxx?

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:02 PM   #12
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I just got this Clamity Grasp from KT. I got it because I'm the only rogue in the raid.

Now I can spec combat anytime I want.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:56 PM   #13
Zink Whistlefly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
So how goes it Zink? Enjoying Naxx?
I still haven't got around to running it yet mate - I've been trying to work my way through Kak's shopping list, but it's proving a bit annoying! 5 odd runs of GD now and neither the legs nor ring have dropped for me yet! I'm quite close to having 40 badges for the trinket though so it's not all bad.

I'm also gathering enough mats to power level my way to 450 JC but that's a secondary goal atm. Being on a low pop server (Xavius EU) really blows as everything is extortionately inflated on the AH!

My wife is away this weekend so I'll see if I can run Naxx on Saturday night with my guild.

I'll let you know when I have my next epic

Nice first weapon btw - swine
Zink Whistlefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 07:03 PM   #14
Zink Whistlefly

Well, I thought I would be running Naxx 10 man normal tonight for the first time but it never happened

I have managed to get a couple of new epics though this weekend so I am happy:
Mirror of Truth
Gloves of Fast Reactions
and Reins of the White Polar Bear as a lucky drop

STILL no ring or legs from Gun'Drak

My WA rep is coming along nicely too and I hope to get my new bracers in about a week or so
Old 03-09-2009, 04:34 PM   #15
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

How did you get Gloves of Fast Reactions if you didn't run Naxx? Did you run Naxx25 first then?

On another note, why are there no new daggers with the Ulduar patch? I'm a bit annoyed by that. I've already had to turn down Silent Crusader 3 times because 3 of the 4 other raiding rogues we have are all combat swords spec, and I still can't get Sinister Revenge to drop

Old 03-09-2009, 08:03 PM   #16
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Gloves of Fast Reactions is a boe item and can be bought from the auction house.

Mem, according to the 3.1 ptr. Combat outdo Mutilate and mutilate is bugged and might stay bugged when it goes lives. So grab any combat weapon if you can so that you'll be prepared for 3.1
Old 03-10-2009, 12:45 AM   #17
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

What a load of BS. I gave up Silent Crusader 3 times (I couldn't exactly grab it even though I had more EPGP because I wasn't combat spec and couldn't look selfish in front of our other combat rogues, seeing as I'm a guild officer now).

Old 03-12-2009, 12:45 AM   #18
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

If all your guild's rogues have gotten their weapon, you shouldn't have problem getting one when it drops.

Or be like me, combat weapon drops but no combat rogues online, thus the weapon defaulted to me.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:34 AM   #19
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

5.7K dps on Thaddius - check it out. Woot! My highest ever in Naxx.

Old 03-15-2009, 06:31 PM   #20
Zink Whistlefly

Happy Re: Rogue DPS, getting ready for Naxx

Quote:
How did you get Gloves of Fast Reactions if you didn't run Naxx? Did you run Naxx25 first then?
As Kak said, I managed to find them on the AH. I bid 1100g on them which seemed like a good price considering they regularly go for 2k+ on my server. I also snapped up Spaulders of Egotism for 900g which was a freaking steal!

Quote:
5.7K dps on Thaddius - check it out. Woot! My highest ever in Naxx.
Crickey! You must have had a major stack of that positive charge buff thingy!

I finally had my first Naxx run on Friday night. It was slow going but we had a safe, steady run completing 3 quarters and only wiped once, but that was the only epic fail we had all night.

There were a few interesting drops - I passed on Blistered Belt of Decay because it was such a tiny upgrade over my current belt (well more of a side step) and I didn't want to waste my DKP on it (my expertise is already low anyway - I didn't want to lose any more).

I picked up Maexxna's Femur since nobody else wanted it, and it'll come in handy if/when I switch over to combat next patch

My best loot of the night was my T7 legs off Thaddius but I paid quite dearly for them. I was sick of waiting for the legs from GD to drop, so I'm really happy with them! You were right Mem - I really loved it, and I'm already looking forward to my next run. My guild is just starting to run 25 man so I've picked a good time to start.

I FINALLY saw the Hemorrhaging Circle drop in GD but lost the roll - I was gutted. I still really want this ring because my expertise is low (13 atm). Most of the new items I have picked up have everything except expertise!

Last bit of news - I had a quick run of UK this evening and not only did I finally hit exalted with the WA (hello Dragonfriend Bracers!!) but the Drake-Mounted Crossbow also dropped and there wasn't a hunter in the group, so yoink! I'm really chuffed!

What I can't decide at the moment is which enchant to put on my new bracers. I know +50AP is generally seen as the best (according to Shadow Panther), but does that only assume I am expertise capped? I'm tempted to get +15 expertise rating instead - what do you guys suggest? Here's my armory link.

My boots are in need of an upgrade next - I'll focus my efforts on my Argent rep.

Next purchase - I'm currently saving for the Greatness card (see you've got yours too now Mem - congrats!) but that'll take me a few weeks of grinding to get!

All in all a really good haul this week - I'm chuffed

Zink out