Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-02-2001, 05:33 PM   #11
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

ooc...The last one closed while I was responding......

Quote:
Originally posted by mistral4543:
Her eyes widen as she sees Larry walking down the hallway towards her. She grips the chair beside her for support as he finally reaches her and Fabian.

Fabian stares at the stranger approaching Mistral. Clearing his throat, he speaks ~ "Welcome, stranger... I can see that Mistral knows you. I am Fabian, Captain of the Guards in this stronghold and her betrothed. And you are...?" ~
Larry could feel that little lump in his throat once again. He waited for just a minute before speaking, as to allow his speech to sound strong and sure. Mistral obviously was not bound in chains, and seemed only concerned at his arrival. He had to focus on his task at hand.

"I am Larry, and I am appreciative of your hospitality shown upon my arrival from afar.
The reason for my appearance this day is to challenge that betrothal you have spoken of."

Larry paused for a moment, both for effect, and to put his own shaking voice back into solidity. The manner and choice of words were as vital now as a sword may be in any upcoming attack. He had to remain level-headed about this, both to prove a formible foe to Fabian, and a capable man for Mistral.

"Sir Fabian, It has come to my attention that you may have abducted and forced your will upon this lady, thus rendering her unable to choose for herself what is right and just for her. I have come to settle any rumors that may have been mispronounced...and see for myself where my dear Mistral's heart resides.
I have come to inform you that she loves...me.

Larry let his sences focus on and feel the things going on around him, to detect a stab in the back or an arrow from afar. All he heard were gasps from the servants and nothing more. He was quite pleased by that. He may come out of this alive afterall!
Old 11-02-2001, 05:43 PM   #12
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Fabian

The secret smile never leaves his lips ~ "Are you quite sure about that, Larry? She made no protestations when I offered to marry her..." ~ His blue eyes begin to gleam ~ "I suppose I'll have to be frank with the both of you..." ~

Sighing with an exaggerated air, he continues ~ "The fact is, that I didn't quite wish to hurt Mistral's feelings about this. I took a wee bit too much of wine myself last night, and I'm not quite sure what exactly took place... ~ His smile turns oily ~ "...so I may already have possessed the body of your dear Mistral ..." ~ At the sight of Larry's livid face, he smirks ~ "I wouldn't consider anything rash here, my dear fellow... the fact is, that all my men are surrounding this castle even as I speak. They are furious with Mistral for being a fallen woman, and ready to drop all allegiance to her if she should leave me... even if you were to kill everyone of them, that would hardly be respectful to Mistral's ancestors."

Turning to Mistral, his smirk deepens ~ "Have you no sense of shame or decorum, my dear? You've brought all this upon yourself, you know, by not simply agreeing to a private wedding and shutting this besotted fool out of your life." ~

Mistral

Shaken by the brutality of his words, her face turns ashen. Never in her life has she been dealt such a blow, and she sways before collapsing onto the ground. Looking up at Larry, she whispers ~ "Forget me, Larry... forget I existed." ~ Her eyes brim with tears as she continues ~ "If I go with you, we will be ruined... utterly ruined... I will have nothing left... no name, no honour... " ~ She can speak no more; her cheeks are streaked with tears.
Old 11-02-2001, 06:06 PM   #13
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Larry could taste the blood in his mouth from biting down on his tongue. This man had just proclaimed that he had ruined the virtue of is beloved Mistral! Never had he been so angry before, as to not see anything but a blurry, spinning world. He had to remind himself to take a breath. How could this man think that Larry would not desire to exact revenge? That is probably what he wanted to Larry to do, though, so that he could order his guards to slay him, in front of Mistral.
And Mistral had just told him to forget about her, for she...in her supposed shame...had decided that she was not fit to be loved anymore.

Larry took a deep breath.

He could feel himself becoming calm, once again. That was important. He needed to stay level-minded and focused...Now...what was he to do...or say...?

At length, Larry spoke up.

"I do not care for ancestors, and if those guards are in league with you, then Mistral's ancestors have already been shamed. I would do her family an honor to put them out of this ridiculous life they live under your supposed instruction.
You have destroyed the heart and honor of this innocent girl, and for that, you do not deserve to contiune to breathe. I shall avenge her, as though she were dead, for that...in her mind is what you have made her to be.
Dead and of no use to anyone.

I love Mistral for who she was and who she still is!
As long as she breathes...I will love her!
Draw your sword...your life... ends here.
I am taking my Mistral with me."
Old 11-02-2001, 06:15 PM   #14
mistral4543

Mistral

Panicking, she crawls to Larry and buries her head against his feet ~ "Larry, don't... please don't... if you will have me, we will leave this place right now without drawing any blood. I beg you..." ~ Sobbing, she continues ~ "I do not blame him for his anger; I gave him false encouragement when I wished to forget you in my sorrow..." ~ She catches her breath before continuing ~ "Let him have this stronghold... I would treat it as a form of compensation to him..." ~

Her eyes glisten as she gazes at Larry's face ~ "Please..." ~

Old 11-02-2001, 06:23 PM   #15
mistral4543

Fabian

Rage surges into his blood as he witnesses the love between the pair. His fists clench and knuckles crack ~ I have lost her... ~ Breathing deeply, he focuses on Mistral's words ~ Hah! At least, she has some sense of guilt... so she wishes to make a present of her home to me? Better and better! I have finally conquered a castle for my own, with a few carefully chosen lies... ~

The smirk on his face deepens, as he awaits Larry's reply.

[This message has been edited by mistral4543 (edited 11-02-2001).]
Old 11-03-2001, 01:53 AM   #16
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Neb awoke suddenly, barely suppressing a scream, he wiped the sweat from his brow and shook as he stepped out of the bed, after a few minutes of relaxing he was able to calm down, though the nightmare had still left it's mark on him, he had dreamt that they had arrived at the assasin's hideout and that they had fought gloriously, assasin's fell before them with ease, but then, he had spotted Norochj, no longer a mortal man but a demonic creature, he had ripped his way through his own comrades to reach Kaz, and as he lashed out with his claws to end Kaz's life and a scream had started in Neb's throat, Neb had awoken.

Neb heard a noise outside of the window and all memory of the nightmare was banished from his mind as the instinct that had kept him alive took over, a low whistle, inaudible to anyone outside of the room, awoke his familiar which took up a post above the window, Neb stood besides the window, ready to bring his quarterstaff down upon the head of an intruder, he carefully moved away the items he had used to block the window, and waited.

It didn't take long for the window to creak open and an assasin to stick his head inside of the window, obviously a new recruit, the assasin glanced around the room instead of immediately entering, this earned him a crushed skull, brought to him by Neb's quarterstaff.

Neb threw himself aside just as the blade of a katana erupted from the wall next to the window, almost impaling him, he heard cursing outside as the assasin tried to free his blade from the window, the next assasin threw himself through the window, hit the floor, rolled and was up in less than a second, an obviously talented one, with a shriek Zephyra dove at him and bit him on the ear, injecting sleep-inducing poison into his system, the assasin was locked in a coma before he had a chance to act.

Neb could feel the magic coursing through his veins and noted that he had at least gotten enough sleep to regain his magic, even though it was still dark outside, he stood in the middle of the room, all his energy devoted to his senses, to being prepared for the next attack, his familiar, Zephyra, also lent her senses to his, Neb and Zephyra waited, anxiously for their attackers to make their next move.
Old 11-03-2001, 05:42 AM   #17
Neb

Neb knew he should have reacted faster when he heard the cracking of wood behind him, he threw himself to his right, hoping to avoid any attack directed at him, he was just the slightest bit too slow however and the crossbow bolt hit his left shoulder, sticking there, Neb spun around, dropping his quarterstaff and drawing his crossbow as he did so, he saw that a clever assasin had made a hole in the ceiling and was halfway through it, head first, trying to reload a crossbow and shoot again, Neb was faster however, and put a bolt through the asssasin's throat before he could react.

Neb could hear more assasin's moving around in the room above his, probably trying to remove the body of their dead comrade from the hole so that they could climb down themselves, Neb cast Jump and Spider Climb, he then jumped out of the window.

Neb hit the building on the other side of the street and hung on to it, he could hear shouts behind him from the assasin's in his room as well as those on the roof of the Copper Coronet, a few crossbow bolts hit the wall around him, causing him to quickly climb to the roof of the building he was on, not an easy task with a bolt through your left shoulder.
Old 11-03-2001, 07:02 AM   #18
Neb

With Zephyra's help Neb managed to remove the bolt from his shoulder, he then drank one of his healing potions to heal the wound.

Neb cast Improved Invisibility and checked to see whether his Jump spell was still active, after confirming that it was, he leaped to the roof of the Copper Coronet, about 5 assasins were assembled there, one of them holding a rope that two of the others were climbing down and two standing guard, Neb dispatched one of the guards quietly by cutting his throat with a dagger, the other guard was looking the other way and didn't notice him.

Neb snuck over to the guy holding the rope and struck him with his quarterstaff, sending him flying over the edge of the roof and down into the alley below, the two assasins who were climbing down the rope to reach Kaz's room by going through the window also fell, their screams alerted the second guard who drew a katana and looked around to see where the attacker was.

Neb cast a Lightning Bolt upon the guard, killing him and sending him over the edge of the roof as well, Neb looked over the edge of the roof and into the alley, seeing that all of the assasins who had gone over the edge were dead, he smiled and sat down on the roof to enjoy the sunrise which was only an hour away at most, it would be dangerous for him to return to his room and he knew that he wouldn't be able to fall asleep anyway.
Old 11-03-2001, 07:59 AM   #19
mistral4543

(ooc: Larry, I've sent you an ICQ about the scene above. Going to drop you an email too, just in case the ICQ message is missed by mistake )
Old 11-03-2001, 08:27 AM   #20
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

(ooc: OK let me take a minute to re-familiarize myself... Yeck... This is sort of... jumbled?)

~Her eyes cast a glimmer of hope and excitement, despite the fact that as always, Deiter remained calm. She settles her dancing nerves, thinking too of the future. It would mean a place to fall back! A place to meet! Agh the possibilities!~ "Think of it all..." ~She watches awefully as the sun makes its first appearance over the horizon. She looks back at him then.~ "Remember the times at the KFA? This could be even better..." ~She chuckles.~ "Especially because we won't have some wrathsome temple screeching left and right."