Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-16-2001, 11:44 AM   #1
seth11
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am running bg2 on a pentium 3 800mhz desktop. It used to run smooth, now it is slowing down....my party stops for an instant about twice per second. you know? that annoying little skip,skip,skip. any recommendations? should i reconfigure the amount of cache mem in thebg configuration? turn off unneeded sound?? i am not computer saavy, so plz help with detail [img]smile.gif[/img] thx
Old 11-16-2001, 12:55 PM   #2
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Seth do you have these problems when you are fighting a large battle or just walking around??
My computer has less power then yours and seems to be all right except in the big battles can get a little jumpy. I did notice that my cd-rom is not spinning as well, that is giving me some problems.
Old 11-16-2001, 01:32 PM   #3
Kaleban
Manshoon

This happened to me too, although only when I had a large party and was walking. Fighting seemed to play at the same jerky speed though.

I have a P3 866, but only 128 megs of RAM, and that is usually the problem. The easiest way to fix this is to go into BG2 options (from your Start menu) and set your graphics and gameplay options to Average, not Best.

It cleared it up for me.
Old 11-16-2001, 07:40 PM   #4
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Which operating system are you using??? There are some known prblems with running the game on certain operationg systems (eg. windows XP)
Old 11-16-2001, 08:57 PM   #5
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

this seems weird to me, mine usually only gets squirrely when there is alot of magic getting casted around, or alot of affects happening that cause extra graphics, like spell turning, and stuff like that that cause an effect that is visible on the characters. maybe go to the website and download the patch? but thats about the best advice I can give sorry
Old 11-16-2001, 09:06 PM   #6
andrewas
Harper

i assume youve done all the usual - cleared temp files, cleaned the cd, virus scan, etc. it could be down to bags of holding - apparently the game dosent like to many of them.

or it could be ToB, which caused this b4 the patch.

oops, should hav read all of your post. heres more detailed instructions:

to clear temp files - go to my computer -> windows. click the show files thing at the side. shift+delete on temp, and you should gain a lot of space. windows is _terrible_ at keeping these things in order.

clean the cd - take a clean cloth and clean outward. not around the disc. that could kill it.

virus scan - if you dont have a scanner you can find online ones. there one at:

http://housecall.antivirus.com

just run it and follow the instructions.