Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 06-18-2001, 07:49 AM   #1
frostgiantsson
Dungeon Master

I'm trying to face Tolgerias and his other wizards in the Planar Sphere and they are kicking my ass!! I'm fully spelled up (all protections on, haste, monsters summoned, etc.). Yet, they inflict incredible damage and can barely be touched by me. Anyone have any ideas? I only have one breach scroll, but I assume I'll have to use that. Anything else?

Thanks.
Old 06-18-2001, 07:54 AM   #2
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by frostgiantsson:
I'm trying to face Tolgerias and his other wizards in the Planar Sphere and they are kicking my ass!! I'm fully spelled up (all protections on, haste, monsters summoned, etc.). Yet, they inflict incredible damage and can barely be touched by me. Anyone have any ideas? I only have one breach scroll, but I assume I'll have to use that. Anything else?

Thanks.
Well try some cloudkill and start to use time to your advance! When they cast immunities and such, step out of the room summon monsters and use cloudkills and such.. breach are good.

Take your time and plan your fight, don´t bunch up so they can take all your characters in one area spell..

------------------

Yawning lazywolf dreaming about nice little fairies...zzzzz
Old 06-18-2001, 07:56 AM   #3
Vampire

The rule with wizards:
Quick easy kill:
Do not even bother with damage spells!
Use breach non-stop to get rid of defences.
Use truesight if they cast illusions.
Whack them.
As soon as you are not making any damage.....too late...you should have casted breach! Cast more than one as spell shield may cancel it.
Divide your forces and keep at range! Those sun fire spells can hurt.
Use fire elmentals.
USE BREACH A LOT!
Old 06-18-2001, 08:18 AM   #4
Link
Jack Burton

Or act cheesy, and just fire some fireballs in the room you " haven't explored yet..."!!

------------------
In the foul darkness one figure will emerge to save the world from evil and despair.... Light flashes as his sword comes down, and thunder rolls through the sky when he points his sword up to heaven to signal his victory....People whisper his name as he walks by, evil tries to hide as they sense his presence nearby.... His name? Link......
Old 06-18-2001, 08:29 AM   #5
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Oracle may help, as well as peirce magic. Also summon some fire elementals and maybe a woodland being.... then theres also time stop. spell trigers might help. try it and let me know what worked for you.

------------------
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-18-2001, 08:30 AM   #6
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

also, forgot to mention Summon Insects or Insect Swarm or whatever it is. good stuff.

------------------
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-18-2001, 08:32 AM   #7
Link
Jack Burton

That's cheesy: not editing your post, but creating a new one!!! If you really can't beat Tolgerias (which is possible) act cheesy, otherwise BG2 will become annoying, and if that happens, the world is doomed......

------------------
In the foul darkness one figure will emerge to save the world from evil and despair.... Light flashes as his sword comes down, and thunder rolls through the sky when he points his sword up to heaven to signal his victory....People whisper his name as he walks by, evil tries to hide as they sense his presence nearby.... His name? Link......
Old 06-19-2001, 01:33 PM   #8
Sir Jaren Tor
Dungeon Master

Jaheiras farsight spell can help, it'll allow you to target area effect spells right under they're feet, and ususally you can get 2 off b4 they bring up spell protections. Let summoned monsters take the heat, then whack 'em good and hard.
Old 06-19-2001, 03:15 PM   #9
Graccus
Dungeon Master

Insect Swarm rocks against spell users. Breach and Pierce Magic (or alot of Secret Words) are essential. Miscast Magic is also nice. In my battle, I hit Tolgerias with a Spell Trigger (Breach, Pierce Magic, Pierce Magic) and followed it up with a Spell Sequencer (3 Fireballs), while Imoen and Nalia both hit him with spell sequencers (3 Magic Missiles each). By the time Minsc got to him there wasn't much left .

------------------
Windows Haiku:
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.
Old 06-28-2001, 01:14 PM   #10
Maever
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hiya!

What i did was
-send yoshimo in to backstab Tolgerias
-then my hasted group members will charge in and start acttacking them with their weapons while aerie and edwin will cast remove protection spells from a distance.....

soon they are gone...