Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 12-10-2003, 04:28 PM   #1
espeed
Dungeon Master

I just got this game yesterday after finally finishing IWD2 and have just 1 question at the moment, im just fluffing around with character creation right now but i know that I want a cleric who will stay single class but with some tank qualities.

My question is with sacrificing memorised offence spells and is it just the same as IWD2. Can I memorise all damage spells and simply sacrifice them for heal spells when i need healing and does it follow the IWD2 method of SHIFT + CLICK to turn an offensive spell into healing. Can i just drag all my favourite offensive spells into the quickbar and shift/click them when i need to?? Im thinking it works differently in this game and would like to be told if this is so.....

thanks!
espeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 04:55 PM   #2
espeed
Dungeon Master

i have re-read the manual, but it just isnt clear enough.....i did a little search on these forums and read that you can drag healing spells straight to your quickbar without memorising them? They will then have an S in the top left corner to signify they are a spontaneous heal spell?

I could understand how this works, but this means these healing spells are using up slots that id rather keep for my memorised offensive spells what gives?

[ 12-10-2003, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: espeed ]
Old 12-10-2003, 05:20 PM   #3
Legolas
Jack Burton

None of your Cure Wounds spells (not including Heal though) need to be memorised in order for your cleric to cast them. Open your spellbook and drag the spell icon for the healing spell to your quickbar. This is the same process for all spells, and it should not be that hard to master.
Now that you've done this, you can select spells as normal and then rest to 'memorise' them.

You play on as normal, but you can cast healing spells at any time, even if you did not memorise them, by clicking on the spell icon you dragged to the quickbar.
When you cast it, if you've healing spells memorised, one of those healing spells will become unmemorised and you cast the spell as normal. If you do not have healing spells memorised, you can still cast the spell, but it'll unmemorise a different spell from the same level. When all spells of a level have been unmemorised because you cast them or sacrificed them for healing magic, only then can you no longer cast healing spells of that level.
Unmemorising/sacrificing spells takes place from left to right in the spellbook, so you could plan accordingly (meaning, put spells you cast immediately anyway wherever you like, put spells that might be useful under certain circumstances as far to the left as possible (select these first) and place spells that are generally quite useful to the right (select these last). That way you can, for example, sacrifice your spare buffs first and save your damage spells for later).

One final thing to keep in mind is that you can only sacrifice normal spells and metamagic spells with this. Some domains grant a cleric additional spells, but you can't exchange those for healing.

Ehr, and yes, they'll clutter up your quickbar very quickly.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 05:52 PM   #4
espeed
Dungeon Master

Hey thanks alot, thats everything i needed to know, unitl next time!