Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2002, 10:21 AM   #41
TheThing
Banned User

Quote:

Will there be monthly fee to play the game?

Yes; however, we are still investigating our business model and have not yet determined what the fee will be.

Why isn't World of Warcraft free?

World of Warcraft will require a fee to play. This fee will be used to support the costs associated with the high-quality levels of service, support, and ongoing content creation that we are planning for World of Warcraft.

How will the game be distributed or sold?

Gamers will be able to purchase World of Warcraft at retail outlets, online sites, or directly from Blizzard Entertainment. However, in order to play you will need to sign up for a monthly account.
also, and
Quote:
How do the World of Warcraft gameplay servers relate to Battle.net and/or the Diablo Realms?
The World of Warcraft servers will utilize an entirely new network architecture that has been designed from the ground up specifically for this style of gameplay. We created this next-generation architecture by incorporating our vast knowledge of multiplayer gaming along with our numerous Battle.net and Diablo experiences.
that explains it, right? there is significant different between MMORPG and other genres of online games. a MMORPG has monthly updates, as adding in more monsters, items, quests, while these things only exist in expansion of other genres. a MMORPG is much harder to run and costs more to maintain (a huge player profile database). ALL graphical MMORPG charge monthly fee, no exception AFAIK.

I am not expert, so there might be a lot more I didnt cover. and don't forget World of Warcraft is not ran on b.net
Old 03-19-2002, 01:54 AM   #42
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

hmm didn't they trash WoW so they can concentrate on WCIII? As far as I know it has been dumped... or maybe not... who knows? [img]smile.gif[/img]

I see the updates.. but one thing they should bee aware of are the cheats, dupers and hackers.. if still Blizz cannot contain this then no one will actually continue, if ever they purchase the game... Diablo has still a lot of players, yes, but what if Blizzard contained the hackers at such an early time? They would have saved millions...
Old 03-21-2002, 05:56 PM   #43
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

yeah ive got some cool cards now like alexandria and namingway and quite a few rare ones. who is ozma. and thanks for the description of the cards game. Ive got like a 75% win percentage and i didnt even know what those numbers stood for. now im going to clean house. does anyone know anything about mr morrid's coffee sidequest? or how to get that darned mayors key in dali?
Old 03-21-2002, 06:09 PM   #44
Redblueflare
Galvatron

Ozma is the super boss in FF9. Unfortunately there is no Knights of the Round, or mime, or shield, or final-attack phoniex in this game. So now it's a lot more annoying. You get some good stuff for beating him. A new ending and a new summon for Dagger.

Darn it I forgot about something! Since FFX is going to be played online you're going to need that d*mn playstation 2 modem! Can you say expensive? Yes I thought so...

RedBlueFlare
The dragon tamer lives on...
Old 03-21-2002, 06:17 PM   #45
Campino

Quote:
Originally posted by AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe:
yeah ive got some cool cards now like alexandria and namingway and quite a few rare ones. who is ozma. and thanks for the description of the cards game. Ive got like a 75% win percentage and i didnt even know what those numbers stood for. now im going to clean house. does anyone know anything about mr morrid's coffee sidequest? or how to get that darned mayors key in dali?
That are quite some questions.Well,here goes.
This is for safety
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Ozma is the creature you can find in Chocobo air garden,talk to the Eidolon grave to initiate a fight.Ozma is generally considered the hardest enemy in FF 9
Mr morrid's coffee:the first coffee (moccha) can be found at the south gate,near chocobo forest.The second (kirman) can be found in Madain sari,in Eiko's house.The third one (burman)can only be found during the card tournament in Treno.During the tournamnet,go to dali,enter the mayor's house and carefully search for the mayors key.Don't move to fast,and eventually you'll find the mayor's key.Go back one screen,exit through the now unluckable door,and search on the right side for the coffee (and find 30000 gil as well!).
Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-22-2002, 04:56 PM   #46
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

everytime I go in the mayors house i get yelled at because hes busy or planning or something and I get booted out how do I avoid this?
Old 03-22-2002, 06:47 PM   #47
Campino

Quote:
everytime I go in the mayors house i get yelled at because hes busy or planning or something and I get booted out how do I avoid this?
Only go to the mayor's house DURING the cardtournament.There should be someone sleeping on the couch.Remain in 1 place until that person sleeps (wait for the zzz's),after that,move to another spot,search there,if the key is not there,remain in that place again until you see the zzz's again.Keep searching the entire room until you find the key.There's also a mini-figure there.Not sure which one,think it's mini Brahme.
Again,only go there during the cardtournament (inbetween round 1 and 2,or round 2 and 3).Hope this helps!Good luck.
Old 03-23-2002, 02:12 PM   #48
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

im already past the card tourney i guess I'll have to skip this one. where is mr morrid anyways, what city is he in I completely can't remember

[ 03-23-2002, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe ]
Old 03-23-2002, 02:15 PM   #49
Campino

Quote:
im already past the card tourney i guess Ill have to skip this one.
That's a pity.Remember next time you play the game.Ah well,you can still get the 30000 gil.
Good luck!

Edit to answer another question:Mr Morrid can be found right next to Dali

[ 03-23-2002, 02:17 PM: Message edited by: Campino ]