Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-04-2002, 12:37 PM   #1
Merkin
Manshoon

I'm fairly new here, but just want to say thanks to all for making it such a damn fine place. I was a dedicated PBG'er for a long time, with about 2700 posts, but that board has gone into sad decline. I find here the same level of wit, helpfulness, and civility that I used to find there. I usually forum on "small" boards these days, I've seen what a rarity it is for big ones to maintain a high quality level. It is very damn nice to find a big, lively board like this that is also fun, bright, and "nice".

So thanks to all, I started feeling at home right away here.
Old 01-04-2002, 01:22 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

And we really appreciate your thoughtfulness and kind words, as well as the power you bring to our forum-home.
Old 01-04-2002, 02:15 PM   #3
Victor von Steiner
Silver Dragon

Hey Merkin are you refering to my board Myth Drannor. Thanks for the kind words Merkin.(just so everyone knows i am just joking with this remark as Merkin is one of my admins on Myth Drannor.)

Yes Ironworks is a very friendly place, this was my very first message board that I joined. I was here under the name Kors Bloodaxe but as I lost my password I had to join up under this name.
Old 01-04-2002, 03:02 PM   #4
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Merkin,

Good to see you here. Hope you feel welcome. We do have a nice community here.

Abd thanks for all the help and input in the recent events at HQ.

*hugs*
<b>Order of the Holy Flame</b><br /><i>Member of Clan HADB</i><br /><b>Laughing Hyena</b><br /><i>Clan Liaison, IW Peace Keeping Force</i><br /><i>[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com/Forum/index.php?board=29\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River VoiceChat!</a><br />Last Saturday of every month. <br />See the forum link for scheduling!<br /><b> </b><br /></i><br /><b>Admin and Co-Owner of [url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River</a></b><br />[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\"></a>
Old 01-04-2002, 03:14 PM   #5
Merkin
Manshoon

Hiya Vic, Reeka;
And yes Vic, OF COURSE Myth Drannor was one of the "small, high quality" boards I was referring to...how could it not be?

And Reeka, I just wish there were more I could have done.
Old 01-04-2002, 05:18 PM   #6
Grojlach
Zartan

Cool, it's the gnome! Good to see you over here as well live and kicking, Merkin! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-04-2002, 08:14 PM   #7
Victor von Steiner
Silver Dragon

Your lucky Merkin otherwise I would have had to have a talk to Rhiannon about what to do with you.
Old 01-04-2002, 10:08 PM   #8
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hi Merkin! (IceAngel here- well Cloudy but hey.. everyone needs dual identities, right? LOL er.. why is everyone looking at me like that? [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] )

Ironworks is hands down the best forum I've run across. It was my first message board and I've not been disappointed in the quality of moderating or the all out helpfulness of it's members! I have to give Ziroc the lion's share of credit for doing the things he does to keep IW up and running and for choosing his mods carefully and allowing the board to really grow and evolve over time. He's got a vision for how he wants things to be and he somehow has managed to keep this place friendly and troll free... awww.. now I'm feelin all warm and fuzzy! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/kissy2.gif[/img] Thanks for reminding us how special this place is, even to newcomers.

NostalgicCloud
Old 01-05-2002, 01:35 AM   #9
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Merkin:
I'm fairly new here, but just want to say thanks to all for making it such a damn fine place. I was a dedicated PBG'er for a long time, with about 2700 posts, but that board has gone into sad decline. I find here the same level of wit, helpfulness, and civility that I used to find there. I usually forum on "small" boards these days, I've seen what a rarity it is for big ones to maintain a high quality level. It is very damn nice to find a big, lively board like this that is also fun, bright, and "nice".

So thanks to all, I started feeling at home right away here.

Hi Merkin, welcome to Ironworks. It's our Silverymoon of the web. And may you never ever leave! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-05-2002, 01:42 AM   #10
Merkin
Manshoon

Hi Ice Angel, Memnoch, good to see you guys. And Ice/Cloudy...only two? For awhile I was Merkin on a few boards, Aengus McTeague on a couple, GreenMan one, and Merkina on yet another (a long story wich we don't need to go into here. )