Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2001, 01:54 AM   #11
ogopogo
Manshoon

Your party looks like it has LOTs of tanks...may want to give Aerie or Nalia a try. (oh no.....is this gonna be another Nalia bash thread?? )

[/B][/QUOTE]

I had Aerie last time and I dont think I could put up with - "oh i need my wings ... whaaah whaaah whaaah" over and over again but I may give Nalia a try even if others think she is so very annoying but who would you suggest to ditch? Minsc or Valgyar? or should I go find Edwin? (I never did find him the first time through) thanks for the advice I will try...
cheers ogo...
Old 05-25-2001, 01:59 AM   #12
ogopogo
Manshoon

Oh, onwe more query... The spell find familiar? I cast it and get the familiar and that is fine, BUT, I hear all you people talk about putting the famialiar in your pack? How do you do that? I try to pick up the familiar and it just doesnt happen... I am so confused.
ogo...
Old 05-25-2001, 02:01 AM   #13
Gargoyle
Manshoon

I've soloed, also tried it with a jester but I couldn't do it. It was far too difficult, I just got so frustrated >> anyway you have to remember that if you solo, you also get all the experience, it's not split up among the whole party, take the experience cap off and you will be unbeatable by the end !

------------------

Time is only relevant if you have none !
Old 05-25-2001, 02:15 AM   #14
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Minor NPC SPOILERS:
>
>
>
>
>
>
In deciding who to ditch, I suggest Valygar (after you do the Planar Sphere, or you can use his dead body too) since you are a kensai/mage and I am under the assumption that you are going to use the Celestial Fury (btw, just noticed your pc is dual wielding axe, might want to give Minsc the axes, just my opinion).
As for the mage, your party seems to be more good aligned, so you might want to reconsider letting Edwin in despite overall he is the top NPC mage. Also the fact that Minsc is in your party might cause a problem with Edwin.
As for the familiar, you talk to it and there will be a dialogue option "put familiar into backpack" or something like that.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-25-2001, 02:19 AM   #15
Gimmick
Dungeon Master

If you talk to your familiar, one of the options is to tell him to get in your pack.

When I solo'd the game, I used a thief/mage. I made frequent use of snares, and constantly hid in shadows to scout out fights. Frequently, I would not fight monsters where they started. Instead, I'd lure them to my snares & skull traps. Also, fighting in doorways is a good way to keep from getting surrounded.
Old 05-25-2001, 02:20 AM   #16
Floraowe
The Magister

To put your familiar in your pack, talk to it. One of your dialogue options will be to put it in your pack. Right click on the familiar to set it free again. Keep it in there as much as possible though, since the consequences are pretty dire if it should happen to die!
Old 05-25-2001, 03:36 AM   #17
Barbucha
Dungeon Master

Against gauths (small beholder like creature) are good fire elementals, they are immune to gauths attack

------------------

Barbucha - a bear's bugaboo

[This message has been edited by Barbucha (edited 05-25-2001).]
Old 05-25-2001, 05:31 AM   #18
Legolas the Elven Archer

I don't think there is a right way to play BG2. I finished the game, and so did my brother and sister. We all played in completely different ways, though. My advice would be to develop your own style of play, although this is easier said than done. I played using an elven archer too (named Legolas) and I didn't find the game that hard (slider in the middle). In fact, my archer did most of the work while the rest of my party stood fifty feet back.
You mentioned having problems with all the spells that affect the mind of your characters, so I would suggest doing a lot of sidequests (I did practically each one I could find) to gain EXP, gold and magic items. The EXP helps in owering your saves, while the gold buys you magic items which work to counter such spells.
One of the main aspects of my style of play was I ALWAYS took out the magi first. This is because they usually do the real damage while the fighters keep you occupied.
Second, remember that you don't need to charge the enemy head on. Lure them into traps or snipe at them with your archers. When they eventually get close enough to strike back, they'll be so weakened you can mop them up. (BTW, this will only work if you've plenty of room to move)
Nonetheless, what works for me doesn't have to work for others, so keep trying different tactics until you find one you're happy with.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are two rules to succes:
First of all, don't tell everything you know.

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Old 05-25-2001, 09:55 AM   #19
ogopogo
Manshoon

Thanks everyone After following most of the advice in your replies I was able to rip through those gauth things in my second try I think I was getting to close and not summoning enough. I must remember that long range attacks are your friend (but I like slicing and dicing with my fighters sooo much. ) Anyhow off to the next quest and battle.
take care ogo...
Old 05-25-2001, 03:02 PM   #20
Shadow
Manshoon

I always play with the difficult on insane.

It is damn0 easy!

------------------
The Black Killer