Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 12-09-2001, 01:16 PM   #1
Scott Lucas
Elite Waterdeep Guard

For my party in Chapter 1 I have

Me(Paladin)
Imoen(Thief/Mage)
Jaheria(Fighter/Druid)
Minsc(Ranger)
Yoshimo(Bounty Hunter)

This gives me 2 1/2 warriors, 1/2 wizards, 1/2 priests, and 1 1/2 thiefs. Do I need more spellcasting and less thieves or more warriors and less thieves? Please give any suggestions including the player character. I am only in Chapter 1 so I could easily start over. This is my first try with a party. Thanks for your help.
Old 12-09-2001, 01:37 PM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Scott Lucas:
For my party in Chapter 1 I have
Me(Paladin)
Imoen(Thief/Mage)
Jaheria(Fighter/Druid)
Minsc(Ranger)
Yoshimo(Bounty Hunter)
This gives me 2 1/2 warriors, 1/2 wizards, 1/2 priests, and 1 1/2 thiefs. Do I need more spellcasting and less thieves or more warriors and less thieves? Please give any suggestions including the player character. I am only in Chapter 1 so I could easily start over. This is my first try with a party. Thanks for your help.

YESSSS!!!!!!!!

*poings around and conducts a marching band to sing a happy song*

*cough* *cough*

Sorry, got a little carried away.

Anyway, to answer your question, you have just listed all the people( NPCs) that you meet in Jon Irenicus's Dungeon. You will not get to keep all of them, but there are plenty of other NPCs outside the dungeon( but you knew that already, since you have completed the game with your solo Thief. ).

An ideal balanced party will have the following,

2-3 Warriors,
1-2 Mages,
1 Priest,
1 Thief.

The party that you have now will easily get you out of the Dungeon. Once out of the Dungeon, consider getting the following NPCs,

Since you are a Lawful Good Paladin, I shall only list some Good/Neutral NPCs.

Jan Jansen, he is all the Thief you need and can back you up with Mage spells.

Nalia, she is an useful Mage until you get back you know who.

Beyond this, you are more or less set to kick a** in SoA.

Land of the Psycho-moe
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 04:33 PM   #3
andrewas
Harper

id take the following party to go with your Paladin.

Rotate Yoshimo with other NPCs to get the maximum side-quests. There are good plot reasons to do this with Yoshimo as opposed to any of the others.

Keep Minsc. his berserk skill is a godsend, charm animal comes in handy soemtimes, and he goes well with:

Aerie. A mage/cleric, not good enough to be a primary in either, but excellent for backup. Also a romance option, as is

Jaheria. A fighter/druid. as a fighter she no more than a tertiary tank - after you and minsc, but shes still good enough to hold some heat off you primary tanks, and can also protect your mages. as a druid she dosent loose out any levels from being multiclass, due to the general weirdness of the druid table.

Nalia. Theif/Mage. The Most Powerful Good-Aligned Mage In The Game. Not that youd know it to hear some people complaining, but its true. her thief skills are negligible, but usualy enough to save you should you main Thief die on you at an inopertune moment, and she has few-enough levels as a thief that they dont effect her mage levels at all. she also carries a nice ring that give a +2 to ac.

Thats the party i used with my fighter all the way through. It seemed quite well balance, and taking a paladin isntead shoudnt change that.

Remember to take yoshimo with you when you go to... well, i shoudnt spoil it.