Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-06-2000, 12:56 AM   #1
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

**SPOILER ALERT**

OK the Yoshimo thing is the worst kept secret of the game. I personally used Yoshimo for my first game because I kept ahead of all the idiots who posted this spoiler on the net so his death conveniently opened up a slot for Imoen. I'm now at Chap 4 of my second game and I'm not using Yoshi because my char is a thief/mage. what I am curious about is this: which of you who have at least reached Chapter 6 did NOT use Yoshimo and went into Spellhold with a full party of 6? And who did you dump for Imoen (if you got her to join at all) and did you EVER get them back. I just did some testing and if you drop an NPC during the period of time from being at Brynn Law (Chap 4) to when you exit the Underdark (Chap 6) they stay where they are because they obviously can't go anywhere. I've got Edwin in my group and I'd rather dump him before Spellhold and go in with a group of five than risk losing him forever.

Just curious
Old 11-06-2000, 02:18 PM   #2
LordEd

You beg the question: you don't need that wimp Imoen. I played the whole game without her. So, keep your party as it is.

Lord Ed

Old 11-07-2000, 05:14 AM   #3
BaatoRyan

i had to make the ultimate sacrifice... i dumped viconia for imoen in the maze!!! so i never got viconia back... man i was startin to love her! here's the hitch, if you are to reserve a slot for imoen, take nalia and make her the back up or aerie. there are great spellcasters, but one of 'em has to go right? the thing is that you use her for back up purposes and not with the front line so to speak. since nalia and aerie had my killer spells,viconia had this bolt of glory, and level 7 spells, it was hard! i think i made the wrong choice by dumping viconia! i should've dumped jaheira!!! shit...

oh, in my case, i usually use only five people and one as the extra boost or something... i recoomend you just go with five because you're just gonna fall in love with them!

Old 11-07-2000, 09:14 AM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Think that's what I'll do. I only really need four or five to complete the game but i don't like the idea of someone getting marooned where i can't get them back. I can probably get them back in the underdark but i doubt i can get them back in spellhold.
And Lord Ed, the decision to take Imoen is a purely roleplaying one as I am playing Neutral Good and so I have to take her from an alignment perspective even though statistically she sucks as you say. BUT in my next incarnation as a Neutral Evil sorcerer I couldn't give two fucks if the bitch rotted in Spellhold, it's Irenicus and the power he promises that i want. But i get ahead of myself...remember to be good, remember to be good...
Old 11-07-2000, 09:42 AM   #5
Jehiva Headsmasher

If you refuse Imoen admittance to your party at that time, she WILL go to the Copper Coronet, and await your arrival there to pick her up when convenient. So just get Imoen for the end of the game in Suldanessalar after you get out of the Underdark.