Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-07-2001, 11:56 AM   #21
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Harkoliar:
well they were "supposidly illegal fisherman" and was destroying the natural environment... but thats what they say.. i dont believe everything what the new says anymore...

ps: but there are illegal fisherman who try to get away therefore prompting the Philippine Navy to shoot at them ... they have been "poaching" and fishing in the disputed area... even IN the PHilippine area..

right! and the illegal chinese dudes who died in the captain room! if you are familiar with international laws, you will know it is forbidden to open fire towards captain's room. sigh... illegal, illegal, so much for illegal

Old 04-07-2001, 12:06 PM   #22
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

really?? no that i didnt hear about in the news.. .

------------------
Revived I Am to hunt this world... Banish ye evil or face my wrath...
Old 04-07-2001, 12:09 PM   #23
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

people dont report those things very often you know? this is the art of communcation... or miscommunication, call it anything you want
Old 04-07-2001, 12:09 PM   #24
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I dont think we owe them a nickel for their airplane. A four engine TURBOPROP aircraft ramming a twin engined JET fighter? One cruises at 350 mph, the other at 600( and capable of mach2)you do the math. If anything they owe us repair money.
Old 04-07-2001, 12:11 PM   #25
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
I dont think we owe them a nickel for their airplane. A four engine TURBOPROP aircraft ramming a twin engined JET fighter? One cruises at 350 mph, the other at 600( and capable of mach2)you do the math. If anything they owe us repair money.

lol, though i think you are drunk, you mathematical common sense is still amazingly convincing
Old 04-07-2001, 12:13 PM   #26
Moni

LoA

I appreciate your opinion but we WERE spying on them! Who is to say that their guy rammed ours or even the other way around? The fact is, their guy died and we got caught spying...all parties invloved should do the best they can to resovle the situation in the most peaceful manner and that means give and take on both sides.

Moni

Old 04-07-2001, 12:31 PM   #27
Gray Mage
Banned User

Rikard, I have a couple questions for you, now that you have attacked our President. Did you know that the chinese were caught stealing nuclear secret from the US. Or, that they have purchased weaponry from Russia that has the capability to launch nuclear weapons, that are undetecable, into ours, or your country.

I have also been watching the news about this subjest, apparently this chinese pilot that was involved in the collision has seen Top Gun(the movie) too many times. He thinks he is Maverick or something. There are reports that he has flashed hi E-mail to other pilots in that style. I am going to look for back up for that.

Let's be honest here, every body spies, that's why we have the CIA, secret service, and all those other agencies. I'm sure sure that every coubtry has their own agencies. This was an accident, and needs to be treated as such. For the chinese to demamnd an apology is a little outrageous. I'm not saying that we should not apologize, but to demand it, when they are just as guilty, is a bit much.

The way the Chinese were dealt with in the past, by a former president in my opinion was wrong. Once they developed nuclear capability they need to be treated as a competitor, rather than a "buddy". And once they purchased those weapons to fire undetectable nuclear weapons they definitly earn that right to be watched carefully.

Look, my friend, nothing personal but this is an issue that I am passionate about. I look forward to discussing the issue.

------------------

Feel My Power

Arcane Adept of the OHF, "So let it be written, So let it be done"
Old 04-07-2001, 12:42 PM   #28
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Gray Mage:
Rikard, I have a couple questions for you, now that you have attacked our President. Did you know that the chinese were caught stealing nuclear secret from the US. Or, that they have purchased weaponry from Russia that has the capability to launch nuclear weapons, that are undetecable, into ours, or your country.

I have also been watching the news about this subjest, apparently this chinese pilot that was involved in the collision has seen Top Gun(the movie) too many times. He thinks he is Maverick or something. There are reports that he has flashed hi E-mail to other pilots in that style. I am going to look for back up for that.

Let's be honest here, every body spies, that's why we have the CIA, secret service, and all those other agencies. I'm sure sure that every coubtry has their own agencies. This was an accident, and needs to be treated as such. For the chinese to demamnd an apology is a little outrageous. I'm not saying that we should not apologize, but to demand it, when they are just as guilty, is a bit much.

The way the Chinese were dealt with in the past, by a former president in my opinion was wrong. Once they developed nuclear capability they need to be treated as a competitor, rather than a "buddy". And once they purchased those weapons to fire undetectable nuclear weapons they definitly earn that right to be watched carefully.

Look, my friend, nothing personal but this is an issue that I am passionate about. I look forward to discussing the issue.

of course, a country with power deserve the right to do everything to other countries. and if other countries have the power, then they are no longer "slaves" now they are competitors

you go ahead and believe what the news say. think about it, how did they know exactly what the chinese pilot wrote in his email? and by what right do they have to judge him as "Top Gun" thing?

of course you spy and watch other countries', as those are often required for a people's survival. but you cannot justify the wrong by using the past flases as excuse. then you are saying Japanese should launch two nuclear bombs at US?

in this matter, US is clearly wrong. then again, no one is out of guilty. however that doesn't mean a nation who commited such an act can walk away freely.
Old 04-07-2001, 12:52 PM   #29
Gray Mage
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:

of course, a country with power deserve the right to do everything to other countries. and if other countries have the power, then they are no longer "slaves" now they are competitors

you go ahead and believe what the news say. think about it, how did they know exactly what the chinese pilot wrote in his email? and by what right do they have to judge him as "Top Gun" thing?

of course you spy and watch other countries', as those are often required for a people's survival. but you cannot justify the wrong by using the past flases as excuse. then you are saying Japanese should launch two nuclear bombs at US?

in this matter, US is clearly wrong. then again, no one is out of guilty. however that doesn't mean a nation who commited such an act can walk away freely.

I didn't say that he emailed them I said he showed them his email address ala top gun picture taking......There are also Chinese reports that had him listed as a loose cannon....

One other question, is it easier to maneuver a figher or a large spy plane.

------------------

Feel My Power

Arcane Adept of the OHF, "So let it be written, So let it be done"
Old 04-07-2001, 12:55 PM   #30
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

about plane thing, i have to say i know very little. but my sense is telling me, a spyplane should be small and fast, you tell me?