Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 10-19-2000, 09:24 PM   #1
Chris
Welcomed New User

Hi all,

I picked up W&W a couple of days ago, and have made it through the crypt and started on a few other quests, but I have a number of questions that you all can hopefully answer.

Quests...

The whole guild quest system seems a bit odd. I had a priest who fulfilled the 'take the potion to the toad' quest, got 200 gold and a 'guild' level. A little later, my warrior fulfilled the paladin quest, and went to the priest guild for a guild quest. He got.... the same quest that my priest had already gotten and fulfilled. This raises a couple of questions:

Are all guild-quests given multiple times (ie. the same quest given to different characters in the party)? How would this work in the case of quests to kill someone (like the Mon Sculz quest)? Given that characters in a guild need to reach a certain guild-level to train in most skills, and that there appear to be a finite number of quests per guildroom in a town, how would someone handle, for example, multiple wizards in a party? Since we have 6 party slots and only 4 base roles, I assume everyone has had to deal with this.

Game Saves/Loads/Reverts/Resets, etc...
What is the deal with saved game management? Is there any way to load a game other than quitting out to the town screen and loading from there? Why does resetting game data not wipe out your characters, (ie. why do they let you start over and over again with progressively higher level characters)?

Appearance...
Is there any way of changing the size and style of the text font used? In software mode, (which I assume is 640x480), the text is enormous, albeit in a really funky font. When I switch to 800x600 D3D or higher, the text is practically illegible. I'm hoping there's an option I missed that lets us set the style and size, so I can feel less like I'm reading a children's book.

Finally, I actually have one question re: the game storyline rather than just the mechanics of the game. I spoke with the toad shaman, (toad villagers got stuck in the middle of the watery tunnel section for me too on the way there -- I had to reload), and got the quest to kill the Scaanums (sp?) to get the Toadem but cannot find them anywhere near the village. I saw the hint on Ironworks, but it didn't help. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Chris
Old 10-20-2000, 02:06 AM   #2
EH_Portia

A) Yes, the guild quests are totally ■■■■■■■ nutbar. By the time I figured out what was going on, I had the following system worked out for accepting and completing quests: 1) have each party member eligible to attempt a given quest accept the task 2) complete the task 3) walk each party member back into the quest bearer's store/house and receive completion bonuses for the quest.

the problem is that even though the first towns allow some quests to be indefinitely repeated regardless of who completed them or not, there will be quests in the future that can only be completed one time only and it becomes unavailable for others to do.

B) Yes, you actually have to exit the game and load from in-town. Sad, but true.

C) You are stuck with the font that a given resoultion produces, period.

D) Toad Village? Inside the shaman's house, right smack-dab in the center of the floor, there is a trap door that he should open for you. If he doesn't open it, then try clicking on it yourself and it should swing open for ya. You want to jump down that trapdoor hole and follow it to another section of the map where the said baddies for the quest are hiding ... you'll know them when you see them, they'll remind you of Scaaban from the Crypt.

-EH