Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 02-05-2001, 03:44 AM   #11
Armisael

In that case, chalk it up to being a bug... still, the fact that it wore off would suggest to me that it was some kind of spell effect.

Old 02-05-2001, 03:47 AM   #12
draconia

Well, if it is a bug then I know that I didn't do something wrong and she won't do it again. I think I might try and do it again tomorrow. Just to see if it happens again. Thanks. Have a good weekend.

Old 02-05-2001, 03:48 AM   #13
Armisael

Too late, it's Sunday night. But thanks, you too.

Old 02-05-2001, 03:57 AM   #14
draconia

DUH, I forgot where you were at. It is Saturday night/Sunday morning for me. How about, have a good night. Speaking of the day, I am off.

Old 02-05-2001, 05:03 AM   #15
G.W.

Umber hulks shoot stuff at people and make them confused (yellow). Confused characters will attack stuff near them at random. It's best to send Minsc and Lilacor out there to draw fire or blast away with fireballs (Umberhulks can do a lot of damage with their claws and teeth so be careful with Minsc). Umberhulk confusion doesn't last too long fortunately, but it can't be dispelled.

Old 02-05-2001, 06:38 AM   #16
puzzled

Iv`e had trouble with this stupid Jaheira character myself. Every now and again she says `I will not tolerate... blah blah blah`.
She`s a real pain. I have to reload a save game most of the time as I can`t do anything cos she`s spouting the same old crap and won`t stop to let me continue.
I keep going to sling her out but then she`s so nice and says she`ll wait for me.
But one of these days.....

Old 02-05-2001, 11:24 AM   #17
mildred

She must have been dominated by the mind flayer or confused by the umber hulk, esp. if her circle was red. This happened to me all the time, and it seemed like Jaheira was ALWAYS the one to get charmed/confused/domintaed! If you have the helmet of charm protection or somthing of the sort, put it on her otherwise you'll have to deal with it a lot.

Old 02-05-2001, 11:50 AM   #18
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I had a funny problem with Jaheira in my first game. Minsc got killed at the end battle in the temple of Amunator and feeling lucky to have won I saved the game and had her try to raise dead on him. It worked, he went up to one hit point. Then she killed him. This happened three times in a row. I finally had to get a new party member. I have no idea what happened but it made me get rid of her. I have her in my current game and she has behaved herself since I keep her drunk.
Old 02-06-2001, 04:18 AM   #19
draconia

LMAO Lord of Alcohol. That is a good idea. I went and did the game again and I noticed this time when she got mad and started attacking one of my party members. This time it was Aerie. Aerie attacked the cleric and for some reason it made Jaheira mad and she went red and attacked. There were not spells cast on her. So once again, I cast hold person and finished the battle and left the room until she got over it. I am not sure why that mad her mad but it did. I just hope she doesn't do that again because then she will have to go. I don't know if I want to share my ale with her Lord of Alcohol.