Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2003, 07:53 PM   #31
Jorath Calar
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
I like how the X-wings and the Falcon and other spaceships "bank" when turning in Star Wars. Being in a vacuum I often wondered why this happened as banking during flying is solely a result of having an atmosphere and gravity.

Then a friend explained it to me: They bank in Star Wars because it was A LONG LONG TIME AGO in a galaxy far far away. [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] Well, for me that clears it right up. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
I like the way some people have to take everything so seriously and apply physics to fantasy... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-24-2003, 03:39 AM   #32
DameonRules
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
I like how the X-wings and the Falcon and other spaceships "bank" when turning in Star Wars. Being in a vacuum I often wondered why this happened as banking during flying is solely a result of having an atmosphere and gravity.

Then a friend explained it to me: They bank in Star Wars because it was A LONG LONG TIME AGO in a galaxy far far away. [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] Well, for me that clears it right up. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
They kinda explain it if you play the x-wing games or read some of the books. they bank on the axis using thrusters. the reason why they banked is to get a better attack angle on the death star.
Old 08-22-2003, 10:24 AM   #33
cloud ff7 38
User suspended until [Nov26]

anyone play kotor yet i have its very good im about 26 hours though its pretty good when it come to getting everything right.
Old 08-22-2003, 10:50 AM   #34
Link
Jack Burton

I think Darth Maul is an even cooler vilain than Darth Vader. That animal look he has, that's just way to cool! Shame he had to die in the first movie..
Old 08-22-2003, 12:20 PM   #35
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Darth Sidious is by far the most sinister. Engineers attack on his home planet, which he is a governmental representative of, just so he can oust the governmental leader. Then he takes the spot of leader. And claims credit for it when others end the war he started. Then he contracts for the building an army in secret, and starts a civil war so his government will demand he procure said army. All while he's meeting with the top jedi daily. [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] Then he seduces some of the most powerful jedi by puffing up their egos, etc, and orders his star pupil to hunt down all the jedi. Then he orders his general Tarkin to blow up a planet just to test a weapon, only days after he disbands all of the senate and makes himself supreme ruler. Marshall law follows. Then he gets his star pupil to hunt down the star pupil's own son and bring him before him. Then he tells that son to kill the star pupil (his father) and take his place. When said son refuses, he proceeds to personally execute the whiney little brat right in front of his father.

THERE IS NO ONE MORE SINISTER.

[ 08-22-2003, 12:21 PM: Message edited by: Timber Loftis ]