Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 08-25-2002, 08:37 AM   #1
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

Has anyone managed to complete the game with just one new player.
I know that you can use a strong charactor that is reset to finish the game but has anyone started from scratch & played 1 charactor without a reset & finished.
Old 08-25-2002, 08:41 AM   #2
morningstar
The Magister

Well Kev, I tried, believe me I tried....but only got as far as halfway through the Crypt. Tooooooo hard!!!!

[img]graemlins/eating.gif[/img]
Old 08-25-2002, 09:07 AM   #3
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

I tried it too but I hadn't learnt to play the game yet & was dead in about 10 minutes. My lizard warrior is still in the morgue.
Have you tried since you learnt to play the game?
kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2002, 09:10 AM   #4
morningstar
The Magister

Yes, I tried twice but with the same results. I might have another go though, when I finish my present game. Will keep you posted.
Old 08-25-2002, 09:14 AM   #5
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

What type of charactor will you use? I like my new whiskas wizrd 'Loumistro" & will try him from scratch.
kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2002, 09:31 PM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I think I might try that with a new warrior, so he can go to barbarian ASAP and benefit from those hit points. I know that means giving it up when we get to the Boogre Caves, but I'll live with that. Just got to get him to ranger before the Serpent Temple.

Or her. Gotta remember that warrior will probably be a she, just to maintain future possibilities.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2002, 03:56 AM   #7
WillowIX
Apophis

IŽve gotten as far as the dragonspire with just the one character (warrior-->barbarian-->ranger-->paladin-->monk. Those walking mushrooms turned out be too tough! I had to heal every time and without offensive spells it just didnŽt work . I think IŽll dig that game up from the archives and make her a samurai to get some sunmagic... If you are going through the crypt with just one character I only have this suggestion:

RUN!!!!

Old 08-26-2002, 09:08 AM   #8
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I'm thinking that with one character, I'll take a turn at assassin and later move to another elite role for the end game. But I'll take your words to heart -- I'll make sure to pick up some offensive magic along the way.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2002, 11:35 AM   #9
morningstar
The Magister

Well Kev, I tried from scratch with a Gourk warrior/barbarian and got as far as Toad Village but the Scabban were too much as I did not have any spells or enough time to heal and...I got stuck because I couldn't exit the lake to go back. Also I found I could not get any chests so I have gone back to the game I was playing before you suggested playing with one character. However it is a challenge so I have not given up yet.
Old 08-26-2002, 04:59 PM   #10
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Swing Ho fellow swordswingers, and mystical beings.

A simple reply, Yes.

In a nutshell>>>
P
O
S
S
I
B
L
E
/
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
/

One must learn the old adage of, run away, run away very fast.
Ye must take upon thy the route of thyne wizard, must posses cat like reflexes, and have a very good understanding of thyne magic of books. Once the flame and spark no longer depart from thy fingers, ye must swing thy dagger in self defense only, while cutting a fast swath to thy closet towne of keeping. Upon level 3 ye may wander a bit further from the confines of the said keep. Upon level 6 me tinks, ye have conquered the spell of stone. Ye now be prepared for THE TRAVELLER, stone him good, then blast em away mit spark, good damage with small loss of valuable mana. He will reward ye mit 32,000 xp, some novel shiny thingies, and a few items of profitable value.

Fair Warning: It is a challenge of great magnatude to do this game as a superhero, but it can be done.

Somewhere in the past annals of this magnificent board is a discussion where 'Packrat' and meself carried on about our critters. There one may find the life and times of Felix The Assassin. He has completed the game 3 (4th time is when he became no-more)times solo, the very first, and very last without any resets.

Peace Out
Felix The Retired Assassin

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote