Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2001, 04:16 PM   #21
Donut
Jack Burton

No words will mean anything here Hugh. I'm just glad you're okay.

Fred
Old 09-12-2001, 04:24 PM   #22
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Yorick,

So glad to hear from your brother yesterday that you are OK. I cannot even imagine what it must have been like to witness this tragedy in person. As an eyewitness, your account moved me more than any other. Please keep us up to date on your condition in the City and the City itself!

Take care!

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Bossman of Better Funny Stuff.....of the Laughing Hyenas!
Old 09-12-2001, 04:36 PM   #23
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

I know it must still be very chaotic in NY. Thanks for taking time for your post.

It's nice to see the bouncing egg

------------------
Most Subtle Official Straightman of the Laughing Hyenas -- Grammarian Brigade.

"The only medicine for suffering, crime, and all the other woes of mankind, is wisdom." -- Thomas Huxley
Old 09-12-2001, 04:41 PM   #24
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

wow, a first-person recollection of the whole thing from ground zero... the pictures were bad enough, i'll admit, but when its told by someone you know it takes a whole new effect. i dont think we'll ever be able to move past this, no matter how much time passes in our lives.

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.

Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Old 09-12-2001, 04:45 PM   #25
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Oh, Yorick, Yorick. I have no words.

((((((HUGS))))))

------------------

Old 09-12-2001, 04:52 PM   #26
Sharpedge
Zhentarim Guard

Good to hear from you, Yorick. I don't really know what to say. May God be with us all.

This tragedy should never have come to pass.

------------------

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."

[This message has been edited by Sharpedge (edited 09-12-2001).]
Old 09-12-2001, 05:05 PM   #27
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Glad Your Safe Yorick, I Saw It First When I Was Coming Home From School, I Was Well Shocked, im not trying to compare it with what yorick saw, but it wass really shocking, i saw on the arm of my chair thinking of how many people died, then I saw people throwing themselves out of windows and it really sickend me. This morning at school all the younger kids in 1st year were imatating planes and laughing and i just felt like shouting at them, everyone was talking of it leading to war and such and laughing, the closest i want to get to war is saving private ryan...

Keep to gether and don't lose hope

------------------

I Am... The Bad Dude
Old 09-12-2001, 05:16 PM   #28
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Yorick, I'm so glad you're okay. At first I thought I didn't know anyone in NY, then I remembered: Yorick! All the coverage and hearing stories on the news makes you sad but it hasn't really affected me closely, more like just a bystander. But your account truly brings tears to my eyes, from someone I know, even slightly.
Old 09-12-2001, 05:19 PM   #29
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Yea, I was thinking, but i couldnt think of a soul

------------------

I Am... The Bad Dude
Old 09-12-2001, 05:22 PM   #30
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Yorick, truely glad you are fine

we WILL catch the little punks!