Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2001, 09:22 PM   #1
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

heehee, decided to try pickpocketing firkraage for the holy avenger sword yesterday so that keldorn could smite the dragon with it straight after.

by then, jan had a close to 100% pickpocketing ability, but it failed. i held my breath for the next few seconds, but nothing happened. all firkraag did was to turn his head prettily and bat his eyelashes.

i was kind of surprised he didn't turn hostile. anyway, that was a close shave (since i didn't make any preparations for combat when i made the attempt).

Old 09-16-2001, 09:23 PM   #2
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Having a Pick-pocket skill of 100% does not mean you have a 100% chance of a successful pick-pocket.
Old 09-16-2001, 09:41 PM   #3
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Yep, even with a %200 pickpocket skill you can fail. And you cant pickpocket some NPCS and creatures.

-just an advice, dont spend your picpockets 90 or 100 is enough they can be increased with special items or potions-

------------------

"Not for your eyes only, also for your beautiful ears.."

Yngwie J. Amadeus Zoltan "Diamond Guardian of Aerie Lovers Sacred Band"
Old 09-16-2001, 11:06 PM   #4
Artemis Entreri
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I tried that to after he killed me about 10 times(:fingerthen i tried it again w/ the lower resistance spell and whipped his =+= .

Aretemis entreri the feared assasin
Old 09-16-2001, 11:07 PM   #5
Artemis Entreri
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I tried that to after he killed me about 10 times then i tried it again w/ the lower resistance spell and whipped his =+= .

Aretemis entreri the feared assasin
Old 09-16-2001, 11:39 PM   #6
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I know this is nothing new to all those who have been "playing fair", but I was so happy that I managed to kill both the shadow and red dragons without using a single trap yesterday.

In the shadow dragon fight, Minsc and Jaheira got killed; in the red dragon fight, my bf died. I don't understand why Minsc, Keldorn and Jaheira were walking around in fear for the second fight, though. After all, I did cast resist fear which helped my PC, bf and Jan remain in action.

Both times, my PC the kensai-mage got the final kill after a series of lower resistance, pierce magic, breach and lightning bolts Poor bf, he was actually pretty heroic after all but no credit was given to his contribution of 3 holy smites. :~( The greatest surprise was that Jan was still alive; thought he'd get killed outright with so low hp compared to the others.
Old 09-17-2001, 06:05 AM   #7
PoesRaven
Manshoon

Firkrag is acually quite simple to kill if you get the right spell mix of offense and defence, I wont spoil, but i managed to kill him without a single spell and only 2 hits fromk minsc and Lilacor , how? Well that'd be telling
Watch The dragons attacks, take note of his morer dangerous ones, and plan a defense.
Old 09-17-2001, 06:43 AM   #8
Chan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My pick pocket skill is more than 100 and also i ve drink master thievery potion and colud't succed at all...

------------------
Wy WorDs WilL Speak ThE
TrUtH, my StreNgtH WilL aid The WeaKen OneS, And mY WisDom Show The Light....
Old 10-12-2001, 03:08 PM   #9
Kazil
Elite Waterdeep Guard

in tob the max pick pocket is +-280 and sometimes it still doesn't work.
that's very frustrating.
and i don't think you can steal from dragon's or other npc's.
Old 10-12-2001, 04:32 PM   #10
Byronas

Guys, Firkrag cannot be pickpocketed.

------------------

Where there are monsters and barbarians there will be Byronas fighting against them.