Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-19-2000, 12:08 AM   #1
xcom

well in the first place how the hell can u open the planar sphere without valygar's body with you? unless you use clua cheat and jump to that location. valygar is important in planar spere quest if you want to get the stronghold, after you got it you can kick him anyway and let him wait to rot in the sphere . And actually you can own the fighter and mage stronghold at the same time without cheat but you have to get the mage stronhold first before the palace. just dont accept to rule the keep while u have not yet gotten the sphere. i hope it helps

Old 11-19-2000, 10:17 AM   #2
Quillum

Mage Stronghold ?
I read in this forum that when you Clear out the sphere you get it offered from the Dying Necro. ?
So with that in mind I cleared it out. But he just died with the words I wish...... well so do I.
I am Duel class Fighter / Mage leveling in Mage of course.

I didn't bring the fool Val something with me into the sphere only made him open it. Is that the reason?
or have I just misunderstood everything about the Mage Stronghold ?

Thanks,

Quillum The Cold Bitch.

Old 11-19-2000, 04:56 PM   #3
Suul-Yinn

Are you sure xcom as I thought you could only have one, even as a multi or dual class? Can you have any other combos, because I turned down the Thieves Guild to get the Planar sphere?

Quillum, did you take the mage outside so he could see the sun? This gets you lots of experience and may trigger the stronghold. You also need to talk to the Knights of Solamnia(?) to get the first quest on the way to owning the sphere.

Old 11-21-2000, 06:23 AM   #4
LilKid

You can't have two strongholds as a dual or multiclass, at least normally. You can reset the flag for the stronghold, I think it's SetGlobal("PlayerHasStronghold", "GLOBAL", 0) in the CLUA console... I forget though. And the Knights of Solamnia quest isn't triggered unless you're a mage, I think...
There is a way, I believe, to trick the game into giving you two strongholds without using the console but I don't remember how to do it. And by the way, two strongholds (mage/thief) was a lot of upkeep for me... like ever 3 days I'd have to go to Athkatla to get my money, potions, or pay the quartermaster

Old 11-21-2000, 06:43 AM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

The only strongholds you can dual in are the Keep and the Sphere, via a loophole. You decline Nalia's original offer for the keep, then get the sphere, then get the keep back (not sure how you do this though). All others you can't dual unless you cheat.
Old 11-21-2000, 07:00 PM   #6
gunner

i beg to differ Memnoch
i got both the thief guide and the keep and i havn't yet used a cheat code. i have used shadowkeeper to modify the kit, race and proficiences(lost my fighter ones for some reason). i did the thief quest first then the keep. i finished the thief quest when my fighter class was inactive and the keep when it was active, so this might have something to do with it.

Old 11-21-2000, 11:24 PM   #7
Armisael

i got both the thief guide and the keep and i havn't yet used a cheat code. i have used shadowkeeper
(shrugs)

Old 11-21-2000, 11:52 PM   #8
gunner

point taken Armisael

what i meant was, i had not used a cheat code while in the game, ie modifing the baldur.ini file and using the chat thing.
what i did in shadowkeeper would not have affected the reason why i got two strongholds. i think it has to do with active classes. i wasn't meaning to sound like someone high and mighty who never does anything wrong, everyone to his own.

Old 11-22-2000, 12:15 AM   #9
Armisael

Ah, this would be editing your stats? No, that wouldn't affect it. I think (though I'm not certain) that dual-classes can get more than one strongholds, if they get their first stronghold while their primary class is inactive.

Old 11-22-2000, 12:16 AM   #10
Armisael

Sorry, meant editing your proficiencies as you described in another post somewhere around here. I think that last message came off the wrong way. : )